Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Jul 2014, 08:15

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

7 Week Study Plan - suggestions, comments, ideas, etc please

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

7 Week Study Plan - suggestions, comments, ideas, etc please [#permalink] New post 19 Apr 2012, 04:23
Hi,

I'm a non-native speaker with an undergraduate degree in Economics. The last time I studied English was 6 years ago when I took the FCE exam.

Before starting, I took a GMATprep v.1 - 1 exam an the result was 680 (Q49 ; V33).

Resource List:

- MGMAT 8 Strategy Guides;
- OG 12
- Quant Review 2nd Edition;
- Verbal Review 2nd Edition;
- Kaplan Verbal Workbook;
- GMATclub free tests.

My current schedule for the 7 weeks is:

Week 1 - MGMAT SC Strategy Guide and OG 12 SC section; Veritas Free CAT

Week 2 and 3 - MGMAT Quantitative Strategy Guides and OG 12 Quantitative sections; MGMAT CAT 1 e 2

Week 4 - Kaplan Verbal Workbook; MGMAT CAT 3

Week 5 - MGMAT RC and CR Strategy Guides and OG 12 RC and CR sections MGMAT CAT 4

Week 6 - Quant Review 2nd Edition and Verbal Review 2nd Edition; GMATclub free tests; MGMAT CAT 5

Week 7 - MGMAT CAT 6 and GMATprep v.1 - 2; Redo all the questions that I got wrong or that took too long to solve from OG 12, Quant Review 2nd Edition and Verbal Review 2nd Edition.

I'm studying between 6 to 8 hours a day, 6 days a week and I'm currently finishing my third week.

The Veritas free CAT result was 630 (Q42; V37)
The MGMAT CAT 1 result was 680 (Q47; V36)

Any advice?

Thanks in advance.
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Manager
Manager
Schools: Wharton '15, CBS '15
GMAT Date: 06-30-2012
GPA: 3.7
WE: Accounting (Insurance)
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 57 [0], given: 10

Re: 7 Week Study Plan - suggestions, comments, ideas, etc please [#permalink] New post 19 Apr 2012, 06:08
I think you should go through at the very least the 3 verbal books before attempting the second CAT. Take the first one before studying (I recommend the MGMAT one because their analysis is great). Then focus on your quant weak areas (if any) cover all of those then take another CAT. I think weekly CATs may be overkill as they are time consuming and require significant effort to review as well.

Reward wisdom with kudos

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 20 [0], given: 82

GMAT Tests User
Re: 7 Week Study Plan - suggestions, comments, ideas, etc please [#permalink] New post 19 Apr 2012, 06:45
How do you plan to review? I will talk about SC: SC is pattern. The more you do, the more you will become accustomed to it and practice help you increase both accuracy and speed. However, in your plan, you only do SC in week 1. The same thing happens to CR ,RC and quant. Why don't you mix verbal and quant ? I think it's better to not isolate quant and verbal . You should focus on one thing (verbal / quant) in one week but review and do some practice of (quant/verbal).

Kudos!!!... If you think I help you in some ways....

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: 7 Week Study Plan - suggestions, comments, ideas, etc please [#permalink] New post 19 Apr 2012, 06:54
In week 4, I'll use Kaplan Verbal Workbook to both begin RC and CR, and review SC. In week 5, I´ll keep studying RC and CR with MGMAT Guides. In week 6 and 7, I´ll do all kind of questions with the 3 official books.

Should I review every section every week?
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 20 [0], given: 82

GMAT Tests User
Re: 7 Week Study Plan - suggestions, comments, ideas, etc please [#permalink] New post 19 Apr 2012, 07:11
ADN1988 wrote:
In week 4, I'm using Kaplan Verbal Workbook to both begin RC and CR, and review SC. In week 5, I keep studying RC and CR with MGMAT Guides. In week 6 and 7, I do all kind of questions with the 3 official books.

Should I review all every week?

Yes.. Review regularly is a must do if you want to achieve high score.

Kudos!!!... If you think I help you in some ways....

Re: 7 Week Study Plan - suggestions, comments, ideas, etc please   [#permalink] 19 Apr 2012, 07:11