Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 21 Oct 2014, 12:13

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

700 [#permalink] New post 02 Mar 2007, 21:15
Hi,

i found this website a couple of days before my GMAT exam on March 2nd. I saw many posts on the forum with scores above 700, even 770's.

Anyways, today was my second attempt. I went to the GMAT exam and damn, i did not had my passport identity. I was said the I could not use the license as I am not a citizen.

Thank God, the proctor was good and i live close to the test center.. 10 mins away ... i rushed home and got back in time...

every thing went fine... the AWA went fine.. i think i did well in both of them.

The math was little tough... It was tougher than the Kaplan math sections... I had to spend a lot of time of some of the questions. However, i was able to complete all of them in time, except the last one. I checked the last answer and kept thinking about it. I thought as the timer goes off, the software would prompt me to confirm the answer.... I do not know, what made me assume this...the time is up and the break time screen popped up...

I took a break.... felt bad a little that I did not confirmed the last answer ... and thought lets forget about it now and concentrate on Verbal...

The verbal seemed to be a piece of cake.... I was able to answer most of them easily.. Most often, in practice exams, I would select the best of 2 or 3 as I could not eliminate the wrong 4 or find the right one. But in the exam, i thought I was able to pick the correct answer.. and was certain about the answer. ... I completed the section in time, actually 5 mins before time. This never happened to me, atleast in the verbal section. I thought my fortune was with me, compensating for making me run to my home to get the passport. i did not realize most of my answers are wrong until I looked at the scores...

The score turned out to be 700...math 50 ..verbal 34.... I was little disappointed as my first attempt was 680 ... math 50 and verbal 32. however, i must admit I did not practice enough on verbal. I spent one week practicing for the exam.

As I said, I happened to look at this site just 2 days before the exam.... I was confident of my verbal skill and took the 100 sentence corrections... of first 10, 8 were correct ...I thought ..wow.. I am really good .. then I saw the others.. I had no clue... my hit rate was close to 40%.... I decided these were too tough ...lets take the SC1000. It's the same case..... I wasn't picking the right answer to most of them ....

Had I looked at the club before, i would have learned a lot about other's stratergies and prepared my self well.... anyways, I hope you guys reading this post might learn few lessons from my experience..

Thanks,
Rajesh.
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
VP
VP
Followers: 19

Kudos [?]: 118 [0], given: 0

Reviews Badge
 [#permalink] New post 02 Mar 2007, 21:29
Congratulations on your high score!

You sound a little disappointed by your score in verbal, but the reality is most people would kill to get a 700 on their GMAT. You did a great job!
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 04 Mar 2007, 08:12
Congrats on the great score! :-D
  [#permalink] 04 Mar 2007, 08:12