Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 01 Aug 2014, 22:56

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

760 with 46V using GMAT Pill

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
3 KUDOS received
Concentration: Marketing, Other
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GMAT 2: 660 Q V
GPA: 3.64
WE: Accounting (Accounting)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 51 [3] , given: 75217

760 with 46V using GMAT Pill [#permalink] New post 06 Jan 2012, 16:19
This post received
KUDOS
Hey Everyone,

New to posting but I have really learned a lot over the last few months from others' experiences posted on these forums.

I just took the GMAT this week, and am thrilled with my score. I got a 760 (99%) with a 46V (99%) and a 49Q (85%). I am traditionally weaker on quant, but I do well on the more difficult questions that seem to emphasis logic and reasoning over math rules. I think I got a little lucky early in the section and got to the difficult questions quickly.

My ace in the hole however was how I approached verbal. A I had been scoring well on practice tests but the sentence correction questions were really giving me trouble and holding back my score. I had planed to just leave that be and focus on improving my math, however I stumbled upon a blog post by Zeke at GMAT Pill and it changed my strategy. He did some eye opening analysis that showed a strong score on verbal was worth dispraportionately more than a strong score on quant. He showed that by raising my verbal I could put up a big overall score with a not so big quant score. I used his sentence correction pill and it turned me into a master. I ended up finishing the verbal section with 25 minutes left and finishing in the 99%. My overall score went up from 650 before I took his course to 700s after I took it and a 760 on test day.

Here is the e-mail I sent Zeke after I took the test. I want to post it here and let everyone know how valuable his course was because I really owe a lot of my success to the analyses he did on verbal vs. quant scores and his sentence correction pill.

Hey Zeke,

I just wanted to let you know about my success story. I have always been good at logical reasoning and reading comp, however the sentence correction questions on the GMAT were really holding back my verbal score. Originally I had planned to ignore this shortcoming and concentrate instead on improving my quant, which is where I traditionally struggle. However after reading your post about the value of a high verbal score I bought your verbal pill and your explanations of the sentence correction concepts were so clear. More importantly though your lessons got me into the correct mindset to attack the questions. Before I would read through all the aswers and just get lost within the question and answer choices, but after doing your course I learned to immediately recognize the common mistakes and finish sentence correction problems in literally seconds. I just took the GMAT this week and scored a 46V the 99% and I finished the section with 25 minutes left. I was able to get my quant score up to 49Q 85% and just like your blog post said the 99% in verbal brought my overal score up to 760 and the 99%. The first practice test I took, before using your program and before improving my quant, I scored a 650.

110 points!! and it wouldn’t have happened if I hadn’t read your post about the importance of a strong verbal score and done your sentence correction pill. I’m am now one of your biggest disciples.

Thanks,

John

If anyone has questions let me know.

John
GMAT Pill GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
GMAT Pill Instructor
Followers: 280

Kudos [?]: 621 [0], given: 5

Re: 760 with 46V using GMAT Pill [#permalink] New post 06 Jan 2012, 17:30
Expert's post
Congratulations, John! And thanks for posting!

We did do a screenshot of your email so thought we'd post it up here:

See more: http://www.gmatpill.com/gmat-prep-about ... -exam-wow/

... and more

Image What's Inside GMAT Pill?

Zeke Lee, GMAT Pill Study Method (Study Less. Score More.)

GMAT Pill Reviews | GMAT PILL Free Practice Test

Affiliations: IIT Alumni Association, ISB Alumni Association
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GMAT 2: 760 Q50 V42
WE: Asset Management (Investment Banking)
Followers: 44

Kudos [?]: 92 [0], given: 27

Re: 760 with 46V using GMAT Pill [#permalink] New post 06 Jan 2012, 20:06
Many congrats, John!

With the flurry of 760 scores in the past couple of weeks, I think it is possible that the 99% could move to 770 in future!:)

Of course, I understand that there could very well be reporting bias ie hgher scorers are more inclined to post their scores than others.

Cheers

Santanu

A KUDO A DAY KEEPS THE DOCTOR AWAY

Introducing Best Debrief Writer & Contributor of the Month!: introducing-best-debrief-writer-contributor-of-the-month-127355.html
My GMAT debrief: gmat-760-50-q-42-v-satisfied-124675.html

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V39
GMAT 2: Q V
GPA: 3.9
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 29 [0], given: 6

Re: 760 with 46V using GMAT Pill [#permalink] New post 06 Jan 2012, 20:09
I agree that GMATpill has some very good material. I had just seen one advice "cut the fluff", and I can testify that it's an amazing way to shorten the sentence.

I didn't take the course, but it would be great if there is something like a preview for GMATpill.
Concentration: Marketing, Other
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GMAT 2: 660 Q V
GPA: 3.64
WE: Accounting (Accounting)

Kudos [?]: 51 [0], given: 75217

Re: 760 with 46V using GMAT Pill [#permalink] New post 07 Jan 2012, 08:00
@Someone

The cut the fluff advice was an important part how I changed the way I attacked the questions. His explanations of common errors are great, but the best part of his program is how it teaches you to move through the sentence and answer choices. Knowing typical errors is only the first component of answering these questions, even more important is how you apply that knowledge so you don't get disoriented among the six different frases and or sentences that make up these questions.
Expert Post
GMAT Pill Instructor

Re: 760 with 46V using GMAT Pill [#permalink] New post 16 Jan 2012, 16:06
Expert's post
Thanks for your kind words.

We also invite you to take a look at this video collage of some emails we've received before we got John's email:

For those of you looking for free material, make sure you get a hold of our GMAT Ebook: How to Ace the GMAT In <1 Month as well as all the free content in our Table of Contents

... and more

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: 760 with 46V using GMAT Pill [#permalink] New post 19 Feb 2012, 08:58
[quote="gmatpill"]Congratulations, John! And thanks for posting!

We did do a screenshot of your email so thought we'd post it up here:

Dear GMAT Pill instructor, I purchased your product and sent a mail to Zeke regarding a RC query several weeks ago but I never got a reply. I am not sure if the 24/7 support accurately his promise to his customers. Additionally I wanted to inquire further about purchasing just the DS section and again didnt get a reply. Please can you help me? I guess with the good reviews i have read thus far, I'd like to think that I would be afforded the same level of service.

many thanks
Shamanth
Expert Post
GMAT Pill Instructor

Re: 760 with 46V using GMAT Pill [#permalink] New post 19 Feb 2012, 14:54
Expert's post
Hi Shamanth,

Our records show that our team has already responded to your message. There is no discount for the DS pill individually. You can purchase DS Pill here.

Hope that helps.

... and more

Re: 760 with 46V using GMAT Pill   [#permalink] 19 Feb 2012, 14:54