Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 19:00 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 19:00

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1498 [0]
Send PM
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1539 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Beautiful post. Congratz on your great score kv! :banana :cool :bouncer2
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Hey KV,
Congratulations on your awesome performance on GMAT!!!

Thank you for sharing your experience with us.

Good luck with your application process.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 198 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Congrats on ur gr8 score KV ! I see SC as my achilles heel, I started prep around 2 wks back and so far after whatever lil I have done on SC, on an avg I get 30% of them wrong. I have only gone thro Kaplan 2005 with CD book on SC. How do I improve on SC ? It has been long since I have touched grammar and mostly forgotten all rules. Do u recommend Kaplan Verbal workbook for this ?

Also how many ques do u think you got wrong in SC in the real test and overall in verbal section

Thanks and congrats again.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
I had 4 RC paragraphs, one that was 35 lines long, one about 80, the other 2 in between. None of them was very hard (social sciences and history), but the 80 line paragraph was quite challenging - a lot of percentages and parts and things like that. The inference questions there demanded a lot of attention.

In SC I found the two sites mentioned in my previous post very useful. You simply cannot rely on the basic stuff in the prep books, it is not enough. I read those two sites first, then the Princeton Grammar Smart book, and only then skimmed through the SC chapters in Kaplan and Princeton verbal; I used these last two only as refreshers. Reading a lot of academic/formal material helps, as it trains your ear. Even so, I probably made the most mistakes in SC - I would guess 2 or 3, but with very few errors elsewhere that is an acceptable failure rate.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
kudos to you KV , congrats on the impressive score. your post is really helpful as for the reviews of crackgmat/arco/800score. i have a question about the Princeton Hard Math PDF's - where can i get those?? thanx a lot for the info and good luck with the apps.

kayser
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 198 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Thanks for your response, will you be able to guess how many total in verbal out of 41 you might have gotten wrong, an approximate figure ?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
kv244, may I ask what are the usual percentages of right questions when you practiced for RC, SC, and CR ?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
i got princeton hard math pdf's from the materials exchange section of the forums on the net... don't exactly remember where. here perhaps? that was 4 months ago so i am not sure anymore.

as far as my verbal error rate, i missed 18 questions overall in SC in the whole OG before i studied anything elsewhere; when i did those questions again after studying for 2-3 months i missed 12 again. in RC i was missing 1 or 2 questions per passage in the beginning, but after some practice i was only missing maybe one question in 3-4 passages. in CR i have maybe 20 or so in the whole OG i missed, and i would usually miss 2 or 3 in some LSAT CR tests i took for practice.

i am not sure how many mistakes i made in verbal. i had some doubts on 1 CR, 1 RC, and 2 or 3 SC's. however, i may have gotten those right and missed others, you never know.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 468 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
KV congrats on your great score!

Thanks for all the tips and pointers, your post was very helpful!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Quote:
i got princeton hard math pdf's from the materials exchange section of the forums on the net... don't exactly remember where. here perhaps? that was 4 months ago so i am not sure anymore.

thanx for the info, i'll check it out.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Wow, over 200 question in OG for a section, and you missed only less than 20. That's great. Look like I got far way to go
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1122 [0]
[#permalink]
hi, even though some of the practice CAT may not be good, but did you feel that you benefited from taking them? In terms of getting used to the way you read the questions on a computer, timing, etc, etc
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
what u guys r referring to as princeton hard pdf's are probably the hard bin questions scanned directly from pr 2005 and put in pdf from ....there r about 4 bins of math questions in the opr 2005 towards the end,,,arranged in order of increasing difficulty of bins...
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]
Moderator:
Founder
37312 posts