Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 09 Jul 2014, 21:11

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

a bad diagnostic test score 340

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 5

a bad diagnostic test score 340 [#permalink] New post 11 Jan 2013, 03:07
This post was
BOOKMARKED
My first OG Test score of GMAT Prep software is 340 without prepration. I did it in time but with four breaks and my score is like

Quant 23 - 19 right and 18 wrong (total 37) - did first three questions wrong
Verbal 14 - 16 rights and 25 wrong (total 41) - did first question wrong and marked last 10 questions in 4 Min. by option b.

OG book 13th Ed. Paper based diagnostic test score - spent lot of time for the test. My score is based on interpret guide -

PS - below average
DS - below average
RC - Average (the more time i take, the more question i correct in verbal, but in exam time deadline condition it is very bad)
CR - below average
SC - Average

I need to find range of possible future realistic score in order to apply for MBA this year in average (not in top 100) B-Schools, which has deadlines in April. I believe it may be between 480 - 550. Is it?

Note: I will study through MGMAT books and solve OG with it + Practice tests, as 1 April is deadline for some average BSchools in my list.

My questions:
1) What can be my future realistic score?
2) Do business schools (not in the top 100) grant fee waivers (even 20%) based on the GPA (as my undergrad GPA is 3.9/4) and work ex. (6 years in leadership positions in two countries)? I predict my score around 500 in GMAT.
Manhattan GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 700 Q43 V42
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 42 [1] , given: 29

Re: a bad diagnostic test score 340 [#permalink] New post 11 Jan 2013, 23:05
This post received
KUDOS
You cannot base a real GMAT score off of a diagnostic test. That would be like saying "I failed algebra in high school, so I will never do well in math." Well, I did fail algebra in high school and never got anything below a "B" in a math class after that. You could get a 300 on the diagnostic test and then score a 740 on the real one just as you could get a 300 on the diagnostic test and then score a 300 on the real one.

Try this:

1. Look at the problems you missed. Were they easy? Why did you miss them? If there were problems that you should have gotten correct, why did you miss them? If you missed them because of timing, because you forgot a formula, or because they were tough, no worries. If you missed easy problems simply because you could not understand them, you might want to start with a simple quantitative book, such as Foundations of GMAT Math: GMAT Strategy Supplement by Manhattan GMAT. Skip verbal. Unless you got a 0% in RC, everything can be fixed through prep.

2. Work through the MGMAT guides in order. Complete the assigned OG problems (you should have OG 13, the 2nd edition blue book, and the 2nd edition green book). For RC, start reading fiction books. Have a look at this thread. When you are done, complete a GMATPrep test.

3. If you bombed the GMATPrep test, you will need extra study time. If you got a 650+, you will just need to brush up on weaknesses. Look at the problems you missed. If you do not understand them, post them in the quantitative section of GMAT Club. GMAT Club has some very intelligent members who are good at explaining even the most difficult problems.

4. Take the GMAT and score well!

This should take you two to three months, depending on how quickly you absorb the material.

I hope that helps :)

If my post helped you, please consider giving me kudos.

Re: a bad diagnostic test score 340   [#permalink] 11 Jan 2013, 23:05