Thank you for using the timer!
We noticed you are actually not timing your practice. Click the START button first next time you use the timer.
There are many benefits to timing your practice, including:
Re: a few verbal questions [#permalink]
16 Oct 2008, 16:17
Please find my answers inline
I have a few sentence correction related questions that I would like some help with. I am taking my Exam in 2 days. any help would be greatly appreciated:
1. which of these is correct? There is nobody here but I? There is nobody here but me?
2. Which of these is correct? By the year 2050, the Cubs would have won the world series. By the year 2050, the cubs will have won the world series.
3. Which of these is correct? Winning the Superbowl would be a great thing for the Bears to do. Winning the Super bowl will be a great thing for the Bears to do.
4. Which of these is correct? I will try to do that. I will try doing that.
5.Which of these is correct? The crops are infested with bacteria. The crops are infested by bacteria.
6. I will continue to do it. I will continue doing it.
7.Which of these is correct? All is well. All is good. All are well. All are good.
8. What is the difference between the usage of instead and rather? Examples would be appreciated. Rather than is used when you choose one over the other. Eg. I would rather drink milk than coffee. Instead of is used when one replaces another. Eg. I would drink milk instead of coffee. 9. Is there a world called furthest? just like how the superlative form of farther is farthest, does further have a corresponding superlative? Superlative form of farther can be Farthest or Furthest. I think both are correct.