I am very keen to apply for fall 2007 for an MBA program to the US. I would really appreciate it if you could please evaluate my profile.
Country - India
Sex - Male
Age - 25
Aim: To do an MBA in Finance from a good institute.
Undergraduate : Bachelor of Engineering in Telecommunications from a reputed institute in India. approx GPA 3.5
GMAT - 640(Q46,V32)
TOEFL - 280
2 yrs - as a Software Engineer
1 yr - as a Team Leader
- Almost 3 yrs in an IT firm (Larsen & Toubro - L&T) working on
technologies like SAP-ERP and JAVA.
- In the above period, I have developed software solutions for my client
Freescale Semiconductor Inc USA.
- Earned lots of accolades and certificates for excellence at my work
place (from client as well as L&T).
- Received the "Employee of the Month" award three times in a calendar
- Promoted to the post of a team leader in just two yrs. Have been
constantly performing leadership roles since then - managing the team
and analysing various client requirements.
- Performed in various plays and extracurricular activities at workplace.
- Have got a rare chance to go ONSITE i.e. client side(US) as a tech lead
for 6 months starting November mid.
(How should I put this in my essays???)
- Have been involved in the implementation of some HR and Finance
related applications for the client which took my interest towards Finance
as a whole... (Is this reason enough to justify the choice of Finance
since I do not have the background of Finance??)
- Will get excellent recommendations from my superiors at my workplace
from two of my Project Managers under whom I have worked.
- Participated in the management of an International Conference on Drugs
and Pharmaceutical Best Practices which was held in Mumbai, India.
Participants also including many leading pharma companies from across
- Was a associate director at a student committee for Telecommunications
in my undergraduate institution.
- Was involved in management and coordination of college festival and
Annual Day for two consecutive yrs.
- Active participant in sports at college - Football and Cricket. Though not
at the college or national level.
- DONT have lots of Community service related activities to show for myself.
Short term goals/Post MBA - After obtaining the in-depth knowledge of Finance and related concepts and coupled with my managerial abilities take it to the next level in terms of leadership in major Finance firms. My software experience will also help since I will be able to grasp the technical aspects of it too in financial organizations because ultimately every aspect of customer interaction is ONLINE these days which might give me an edge.
Long term Goals - To ultimately graduate to an entrepreneurship profession in which I would have to take care of all the aspects of an organization - Finance,Marketing and Leadership which consequently means to own a company or in a partnership.
Want to get into:
Washington - Olin, Kelley-Indiana, Smith-Maryland, Vanderbilt-Owen, Purdue-Krannert and Rice - Jones.
Q1. Please tell me what my chances at the above schools are??
Q2. Also, any other schools which you can suggest for me considering all
of the above??
Thanks a lot for your time in advance.
Waiting in anticipation,
"Life is like a highway..Enjoyment depends on the lane you drive."