Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 15:00 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 15:00

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 200 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72892 [0]
Given Kudos: 18869
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
[#permalink]
Expert Reply
chihao wrote:
jabs wrote:
hi,

in all you would be having about 14 tests, it is better to start off your full length tests now with atleast 2 per week, so that by the end of June you get used to sitting for 4 hours at a stretch, it tests your timing etc...+ you would have to develop tremendous concentration....

good luck

Thank your suggestion.
You mean that could I strengthen my weakness by taking those practice test?

Now, I have somewhat confusing question when I can study official guide.
Today, I consult some experience taker about this issue. However, it is surprised that they think I only concentrate OG and old-actual question(in Taiwan, very popular prep books for preparing GMAT, they come from ETS in past PBT test), and then regrad kaplan and PR as supplement materials, unlike BB's comment.
I think this opinion results from the GMAT prep class in my country because the instructor in the craming school, in Taiwan, teachs its students by official guide as material. Plus, kaplan and PR books are not easily available in Taiwan bookstores. Consequently,in their impression, they only study a series of ETS stuff to prepare GMAT test.

I want to hear that how your think about this issue?

Chih-Hao

Chihao,

I tend to concentrate on strategy rather than specific questions.

Doing a million of questions is good but you won't see those on the test; I just think strategy is a better investment. When you take the test - you check your level and see what is missing. At the same time, you practice sittng and reading for 3 or 4 hours and timing skills while you take those tests. I fully agree with Jabs; don't take more than 1 test a day though - I know people who did that and that's not wise. Review your tests carefully after you are done. It seems like you are studying from tests, which I am strongly opposed to; though if that's what you choose, at least review things carefully and write/print out the questions you missed and write the reason on them why. Put them into a folder and then in a few weeks pick it up and try to go over them again and see if you can do them this time.

You should brush up math and study some grammar from books not from individual questions. It is helpful obviously test your knoowledge and pick up bits and pieces from questions, but those are only bits a pieces. If that's all you have behind your back on the test, it is also probaby that you have some holes due to bits and pieces fallacy.

Basically these are two different prep approaches.

All the tests/books I had were Kaplan and PR. I did not read PR, just took 4 of thier tests and 4 of Kaplan's though I studied Kaplan's workbooks carefully. I DID NOT EVEN HAVE the OFFICIAL GUIDE and still scored enough.

BB
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Hi BB
Very concrete and excellent opinion for me.
Thank a lot.

Chih-Hao
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]