Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 24 Oct 2014, 04:02

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

ABOUT MY FUTURE MBA PROGRAM

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

ABOUT MY FUTURE MBA PROGRAM [#permalink] New post 19 Sep 2011, 10:13
hello sir
i have recently completed my B.tech ( my stream in engineering is Electrical and electronics) and got place in TCS company as assistant system engineer. BUt sad part is that i have to wait for 8 months for joining. so i have decide to work as electrical engineer in dubai.. and after working in that field for 4 years , will it be appropriate for me in doing IT Management in SP JAIN DUBAI (since i have interest in IT management) . should i go with TCS FOR doing my it management or carry on with dubai job for 4 years and then go for it management .

PLEASE SIR ANY SUGGESTION WILL BE ACCEPTABLE BECAUSE ANY UNABLE TO DECIDE WHAT TO CHOOSE
Expert Post
MBA Admissions Consulting
Followers: 13

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 0

Re: ABOUT MY FUTURE MBA PROGRAM [#permalink] New post 04 Oct 2011, 15:29
Expert's post
mohammadali wrote:
hello sir
i have recently completed my B.tech ( my stream in engineering is Electrical and electronics) and got place in TCS company as assistant system engineer. BUt sad part is that i have to wait for 8 months for joining. so i have decide to work as electrical engineer in dubai.. and after working in that field for 4 years , will it be appropriate for me in doing IT Management in SP JAIN DUBAI (since i have interest in IT management) . should i go with TCS FOR doing my it management or carry on with dubai job for 4 years and then go for it management .

PLEASE SIR ANY SUGGESTION WILL BE ACCEPTABLE BECAUSE ANY UNABLE TO DECIDE WHAT TO CHOOSE

What an exciting opportunity to explore another culture! I always advocate working for 8 months as opposed to waiting around doing nothing for that length of time, so the Dubai offer is a great one. However, do not put yourself in a mental headlock: moving to Dubai does not mean that you have to stay in Dubai and that the only route forward is one specific program in Dubai. Be on the lookout for ways to make a difference to your company and its customers and you should be able to rise in the ranks of the organization and even move on to other opportunities if you wish to.
Keep in mind that Dubai is a growing center of education. Already, LBS and Cass offer EMBA programs there, and Hult and Duke have campuses in Dubai in addition to IMT-Dubai's program. In short, moving to Dubai does not lock you into only one MBA program.
Enjoy your gainful employment and myriad options in the future!

Regards,
Jennifer Bloom, CPRW
jbloom@accepted.com
310-815-9553

Follow Accepted on Twitter
Friend Accepted on Facebook
Subscribe to Accepted's Blog