Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Aug 2014, 13:40

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Additional Information

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
BSchool Forum Moderator
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
Schools: HBS '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
GPA: 3.2
WE: Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 27 [0], given: 47

Premium Member
Additional Information [#permalink] New post 10 Sep 2012, 20:45
Ok, I thought I had this section figured out. I was going to talk a bit about my background (raised in the boondocks by skydiving accountants) and tie it in to why I have a love of early stage ventures (excitement of new challenges), as well as why my GPA wasn’t the best (always pushed to find new challenges, but unfortunately a 4.0 wasn’t one of them).

In the last few weeks, I started second guessing using this essay, or at least the topic I had chosen - probably because I need to hit submit in two weeks and I want it to be perfect. Most examples I have seen for this section have been on the order of huge, extraneous, life-changing events causing one to not get perfect grades, or something to that level...which make mine sound….petty.

In short, what do AdComs REALLY want to see in this section? Will my talking about my childhood be a distraction from the application, or is this an acceptable use for it? For what did you use this section when you applied?

Thanks!

Hunter
Additional Information   [#permalink] 10 Sep 2012, 20:45