Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 28 Aug 2014, 01:38

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Another Profile Evaluation Request..

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 11 Aug 2007
Posts: 2
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Another Profile Evaluation Request.. [#permalink] New post 11 Aug 2007, 01:52
Hi,
I am an Indian IT applicant.
My profile in brief:
GMAT : 660 ( Q-48, V-32, AWA-4)
GPA : 3.3
Work Experience: will be 4 years till fall 2008.
Planning to apply for : Fall 2008
I am part of one NGO at my hometown and done some social work with them.
Exp: I have worked in application development ( services ) for Indian IT multinational company for 2 years and has lead a team of 4 ppl. ( pretty small). Now in my current job, I work for one of the Indian's best product development company and I face clients directly. The reason behind switching the job was mainly to do some pretty good work in the latest technology. My future areas of interests are technology management. So the schools which I am looking at are
Haas School of Management ( Lonnng shot for me)
UCLA ( Lonng shot for me)
and 2-3 more ( researching on that ).
It would be great if you can evaluate my profile and do let me know what are my chances of getting in good B school ( top 20 in technology management) and which schools should I look for ?
Thanks. I really appreciate your help.
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
SVP
SVP
avatar
Joined: 12 Dec 2005
Posts: 1660
Location: San Diego, California
Followers: 12

Kudos [?]: 163 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: Another Profile Evaluation Request.. [#permalink] New post 12 Aug 2007, 09:47
MaverickSam wrote:
Hi,
I am an Indian IT applicant.
My profile in brief:
GMAT : 660 ( Q-48, V-32, AWA-4)
GPA : 3.3
Work Experience: will be 4 years till fall 2008.
Planning to apply for : Fall 2008
I am part of one NGO at my hometown and done some social work with them.
Exp: I have worked in application development ( services ) for Indian IT multinational company for 2 years and has lead a team of 4 ppl. ( pretty small). Now in my current job, I work for one of the Indian's best product development company and I face clients directly. The reason behind switching the job was mainly to do some pretty good work in the latest technology. My future areas of interests are technology management. So the schools which I am looking at are
Haas School of Management ( Lonnng shot for me)
UCLA ( Lonng shot for me)
and 2-3 more ( researching on that ).
It would be great if you can evaluate my profile and do let me know what are my chances of getting in good B school ( top 20 in technology management) and which schools should I look for ?
Thanks. I really appreciate your help.


MverickSam,

Given the profile you gave me, I don't think your odds at Haas or UCLA are very good. There's a lot of strong competition in your demographic. For technology management, I think you could look at U. Washington (Seattle), UC Irvine, Texas, Purdue, perhaps U. Mass and U. Maryland.

Hope this helps,
_________________

Paul Bodine /
Author, Great Applications for Business School and Perfect Phrases for Business School Acceptance

Follow Paul Bodine on Twitter

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 11 Aug 2007
Posts: 2
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Another Profile Evaluation Request.. [#permalink] New post 13 Aug 2007, 01:51
pbodine wrote:
MaverickSam wrote:
Hi,
I am an Indian IT applicant.
My profile in brief:
GMAT : 660 ( Q-48, V-32, AWA-4)
GPA : 3.3
Work Experience: will be 4 years till fall 2008.
Planning to apply for : Fall 2008
I am part of one NGO at my hometown and done some social work with them.
Exp: I have worked in application development ( services ) for Indian IT multinational company for 2 years and has lead a team of 4 ppl. ( pretty small). Now in my current job, I work for one of the Indian's best product development company and I face clients directly. The reason behind switching the job was mainly to do some pretty good work in the latest technology. My future areas of interests are technology management. So the schools which I am looking at are
Haas School of Management ( Lonnng shot for me)
UCLA ( Lonng shot for me)
and 2-3 more ( researching on that ).
It would be great if you can evaluate my profile and do let me know what are my chances of getting in good B school ( top 20 in technology management) and which schools should I look for ?
Thanks. I really appreciate your help.


MverickSam,

Given the profile you gave me, I don't think your odds at Haas or UCLA are very good. There's a lot of strong competition in your demographic. For technology management, I think you could look at U. Washington (Seattle), UC Irvine, Texas, Purdue, perhaps U. Mass and U. Maryland.

Hope this helps,


Thanks Paul. Just a small doubt what is "U. Mass"
Is it University of Massachusetts Amherst ?
Thanks
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 31 Jul 2007
Posts: 38
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Another Profile Evaluation Request.. [#permalink] New post 13 Aug 2007, 02:53
MaverickSam wrote:
Thanks Paul. Just a small doubt what is "U. Mass"
Is it University of Massachusetts Amherst ?
Thanks


Yes it is. (I live in MA, you can trust me). :)
SVP
SVP
avatar
Joined: 12 Dec 2005
Posts: 1660
Location: San Diego, California
Followers: 12

Kudos [?]: 163 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: Another Profile Evaluation Request.. [#permalink] New post 16 Aug 2007, 14:52
MaverickSam wrote:
pbodine wrote:
MaverickSam wrote:
Hi,
I am an Indian IT applicant.
My profile in brief:
GMAT : 660 ( Q-48, V-32, AWA-4)
GPA : 3.3
Work Experience: will be 4 years till fall 2008.
Planning to apply for : Fall 2008
I am part of one NGO at my hometown and done some social work with them.
Exp: I have worked in application development ( services ) for Indian IT multinational company for 2 years and has lead a team of 4 ppl. ( pretty small). Now in my current job, I work for one of the Indian's best product development company and I face clients directly. The reason behind switching the job was mainly to do some pretty good work in the latest technology. My future areas of interests are technology management. So the schools which I am looking at are
Haas School of Management ( Lonnng shot for me)
UCLA ( Lonng shot for me)
and 2-3 more ( researching on that ).
It would be great if you can evaluate my profile and do let me know what are my chances of getting in good B school ( top 20 in technology management) and which schools should I look for ?
Thanks. I really appreciate your help.


MverickSam,

Given the profile you gave me, I don't think your odds at Haas or UCLA are very good. There's a lot of strong competition in your demographic. For technology management, I think you could look at U. Washington (Seattle), UC Irvine, Texas, Purdue, perhaps U. Mass and U. Maryland.

Hope this helps,


Thanks Paul. Just a small doubt what is "U. Mass"
Is it University of Massachusetts Amherst ?
Thanks


MverickSam,

Yes, University of Massachusetts Amherst. Boston's a great technology hub.

Good luck,
_________________

Paul Bodine /
Author, Great Applications for Business School and Perfect Phrases for Business School Acceptance

Follow Paul Bodine on Twitter

    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
Another profile evaluation request kizaul 1 01 Nov 2010, 03:24
Experts publish their posts in the topic Another profile evaluation request Square 3 27 Dec 2008, 13:34
Another profile evaluation request jside95 3 12 Jan 2007, 16:26
Experts publish their posts in the topic Yet another profile evaluation request ap663 2 16 Jul 2006, 12:33
Experts publish their posts in the topic Another profile requesting your evaluation tank 3 19 Oct 2005, 12:26
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Another Profile Evaluation Request..

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  


GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.