Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 18 Sep 2014, 07:53

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Any advice for me?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Any advice for me? [#permalink] New post 20 Oct 2003, 17:20
I have been preparing for about 3 months now.

I first took the test in June and got really panic striken. I should of canceled my score, but for some dum reason I didn't and scored very low on the test.

I know that I can't prepare for every possible question, but I've read some of the other postings and some of the club members have prepared for 6 months and they did very well. I plan on taking the test before the end of the year, (when exactly I don't know).

Anyway I have been using Nova's prep book. I believe if I feel comfortable enough with problems as well as start to time myself and then take 3 or 4 practice tests I should be ready to conquer the GMAT. If anyone has some advice for me, please do so.
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

[#permalink] New post 20 Oct 2003, 18:16
I would recommend practicing with other books - definitely get the Official Guide if you don't already have it, and Cracking the GMAT, the one with the CD. Download the Powerprep software from mba.com. With that and the 5 tests from the Cracking book, you'll have 7 tests - definitely do more than 3 or 4.

The Cracking book will prepare you really well for the types of questions and how to quickly get the answers. The OG has a bazillion (or so it seems) practice questions and is a must. If you spend an hour or so every weekday doing practice questions and do a full practice test each weekend, you should see definite improvement.
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Just to let you know [#permalink] New post 21 Oct 2003, 06:12
Cracking the GMAT has some good strategies but not to brag, but I kind of consider myself a GMAT book critic and although Princeton Review puts a decent book, it unfortunately doesn't help tackling level 3 problems.

It's a good book to start with but I wouldn't stick with it. In regards to the PR tests that are on the CD, they are not really representative of the tests that are going to be on the actual test.
Just to let you know   [#permalink] 21 Oct 2003, 06:12