Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Oct 2014, 01:06

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Any thoughts on my study plan?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
GPA: 3.3
WE: Information Technology (Health Care)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 3

Any thoughts on my study plan? [#permalink] New post 29 Aug 2012, 19:30
Hi Everyone!

I've been considering taking the GMAT for a couple years now and am finally taking the plunge into studying! I've been lurking the forums for months and this is (finally) my first post.

Let me first give a little background on myself. I graduated with a BBA in Computer Information Systems (minors in Computer Science, Political Science, and International Business) in December 2010. Before I graduated I started to consider going to business school because of the job out look but got lucky and scored a pretty sweet job as a consultant for a large healthcare IT company. Even though I now am working at this job, I feel as though it's time to take the next step toward further education. Even though I don't have any particular B school in mind at this time, due to not knowing where my girlfriend will get into med school and the fact that I haven't taken time to look, I would like to at least take the test so I can apply in the next 1-2 years.

Now for the part on the GMAT :-D
I was going to take it before the IR section was put on it, but due to work had to put it on hold. Now, I am firmly committed and want to know if what I am planning is too much, too little, just right, any thoughts at all really...

I have the set of 8 Manhattan books + 6 tests (not the newest version), the OG 11 and 12, the OG verbal and quant books, Kaplan 800, Kaplan Premiere 2013 + 6 tests, and all the GMAT Club resources. I took one of the GMATPrep tests a couple months ago and got around a 540 (I just looked and can't seem to find my score from before.) and would like to move the up to the 700+ range. So without further adieu, here is my plan:

Month 1- September
Work through the Kaplan Premiere book completely. I started this today and they suggest working 2 hours a day in it, which I think is completely doable with my schedule. I have no doubt I will do more on some days. I would like to take two full CATs this month, on the 15th and 29th, in order to start building my stamina.

Month 2 & 3- October & November
Begin working through all the MGMAT books in order. I hope to be able to rapidly progress through them since the material should be similar to Kaplan. At this point I would continue taking CATs every two weeks (10/13, 10/27, 11/10, 11/24). I plan on factoring in the work to review my answers into my weekly amount.

Month 4 - December
This month I will exclusively take tests on the weekend and spend the weeks going over more problems and reviewing my answers. Delving into the advanced OG books and the Kaplan 800 problems, if I haven't worked through them yet. I plan on taking the GMAT between the week before Christmas and the first weekend of January.

While I am doing all this I will continue to read The Economist, Business Week, and the GMAT fiction recommended here.

So what are your thoughts?
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Manager
Manager
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 560 Q36 V34
GPA: 3.1
WE: Sales (Transportation)
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 85

Re: Any thoughts on my study plan? [#permalink] New post 30 Aug 2012, 06:47
Looks pretty standard, and I mean that in a good way.
Personally I would maybe try to not go over the three months; You might lose momentum.
:)

"The Burnout" - My Debrief

Kudos if I helped you ;)

Andy

Re: Any thoughts on my study plan?   [#permalink] 30 Aug 2012, 06:47