Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Aug 2014, 01:40

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Ask ISB Alumni @ ThinkISB

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
MBA Admissions Consulting
Followers: 23

Kudos [?]: 24 [0], given: 2

GMAT Tests User
Re: Ask ISB Alumni @ ThinkISB [#permalink] New post 10 Nov 2010, 06:28
sashmitab wrote:
Hello Think ISB,
I am planning to apply for round 2
my profile goes as follows:
female
10 th - 79%
12 th - 72%
BE(comp)- 66%
profession - Military service(MAJOR) Indian Army
w/exp - 4 and half yrs
GMAT Score- 630

what are my chances of making it into ISB ??

Dear sashmitab,

Your credentials are decent though a bit weak on the academic front. There have been quite a few candidates from the defense services who join ISB each year and I'm sure there will be a lot of tough decision making, teamwork and leadership skills to show through your career.

We regret that with the limited information provided, we cannot comment much on the chances of admission. Why don't you email us with the details and we'll get a dedicated ISB alumni work with you as an advisor for your profile evaluation.

ThinkAdmit

EMAIL: info@thinkadmit.com
PHONE: +91 7838998299

Read our blog | Ask ThinkAdmit
Follow us on Twitter | Follow us on Facebook

Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes

GMAT Tests User
Re: Ask ISB Alumni @ ThinkISB [#permalink] New post 10 Nov 2010, 06:41
dineshydv wrote:
ThinkISB:
It will be great if you please share a word or two on my chances of getting into ISB. I am applying for r2.
GMAT-690/5 (I know its on lower side of ISB's average)
Work Exp: 6.8yrs by Mar-2011. Experience in IT industry with top IT companies. Have 2yrs of international exp (USA).
Acads: Average in Xth, XIIth and engineering(B.Tech) (between 65%-70%)
Extr Cr: Good sports and extra curricular activities during college. Was university chess champion and captioned Kabbadi team. Was also part of winning cricket and football team.
During professional career have obtained 3-4 technical certification and many achievements and appreciations from clients and managers. Have also lead a team of 4ppl. Currently focuisng on six-sigma green belt and PMP certification. I am also associated with a NGO.

Dear dineshydv,

Well it will be difficult to comment with the limited info provided, especially on your work-ex. With a 690 score, it'll be tough considering you are from IT background and there is tough competition in this pool. What will matter most is your leadership skills, whether you have the ability to see the big picture, whether you are a good team player and you have the ability of taking initiatives. These are the key attributes that you need to highlight in your essays. Your certifications, although will help as a differentiating factor, make sure these are relevant to your experience and if possible, are helpful in achieving your post MBA goal as well.

ThinkAdmit

Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Ask ISB Alumni @ ThinkISB [#permalink] New post 12 Nov 2010, 22:12
Hey!

I Introduce myself as Veeraraghavan

Profile:

Class 10 - 65.4 % ( CBSE )

Class 12 - 83.4 % ( State Board )

B.E - Mechanical Engineering - 2006 Pass out - 73 %

Work Experience :

Employed with Essar Steel Limited Since Sep 2006 . Joined as a Graduate Engineering Trainee, now working as a Deputy Manager. Manufacturing Sector! :)

Extra Curricluar Activities :

Worked for a NGO for 3 months. ( International Association for Prevention of AIDS )

Captain of the Essar Cricket Team, Vizag.

May soon write articles for a magazine called "Yo Vizag "

Previous GMAT Experience:

Nightmarish! Got a dismal 470 last Dec. ( I wasnt keeping well, had to quit the exam midway, hence the score :( )

RATE MY PROFILE PUHLEEZ!!!!! :cry:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 1

Re: Ask ISB Alumni @ ThinkISB [#permalink] New post 14 Nov 2010, 02:20
Hi ThinkISB

My profile:
Indian Female 24
Living in Singapore for over 10yrs now, family here as well

Gmat1: 700 (48Q 37 V) 6.0 AWA
Gmat2: 720 (49Q 38 V) 6.0 AWA (pathetic improvement I would say)
Excellent O & A lvls (Cambridge Uni based 10th and 12th) though we have grades instead of percentile. All distinctions/As

Uni: National Univ of Spore
NOT good uni gpa (just managed a honors, though my acad curriculum was easily among the toughest combi in university): Chemical/Biomolecular Engineering (chem and biotech are considered most prestigious engg and hardest to get admitted to, in Spore though I have heard this isn't the case in India)

Was also part of University Scholars Program (USP), where 3% of each cohort of NUS is selected for this prestigious acad program. I finished All the modules and related ECs etc But because my Final gpa, just missed the USP gpa cut off to receive a USP Grad cert, i am not considered a USP grad.. So I am allowed to call myself a participant not a grad)

Work: 16mnths as of November, at a global Swiss Bank as Product Controller (Finance Division). Work with Traders/Accts/Valuation Groups etc to validate daily Profit & Loss statement of the trading desk and other P&L related tasks. Worked on products such as Options, Futures, Variance Swaps, Portfolio Swaps, Dividend Swaps, Total Return Swaps, Bonds etc
Currently leading a Lean & Six Sigma project for another team in the bank and aim to receive my Green Belt by the end of the project (SLA: Jan/Feb 2011)

But Post High Sch/College days internships add up to another 16mnths in various industries

ECs: have been involved in eclectic ones, such as Youth Energy awareness, science journal committee, magazine editorial, Red Cross, Cricket, International Student Ambassador etc throughout uni/high sch

Intl Expe: India (:P) on a social-biodiversity field trip to Lower Himalaya through USP
Jakarta, Bangkok, Brussels on a field trip/study mission for ASEAN and EU through USP

Your feedback is much appreciated =)

Thanks
Intern
Intern

Re: Ask ISB Alumni @ ThinkISB [#permalink] New post 14 Nov 2010, 04:07
In addition,
Since I joined bank after a chem engg/biotech degree, i also decided to give CFA a shot. I cleared Lvl I but could not clear Lvl II as I had unexpectedly and extremely long hrs (14/15hrs a day) at work the weeks preceding the exam as my dept went through unusually high attrition ard mar/apr/may (I can prove it i guess but dont want this to be seen as a poor excuse). I intend to retake Lvl II in June '11. Additional the CFA is to mitigate my uni gpa
Intern
Intern

Re: Ask ISB Alumni @ ThinkISB [#permalink] New post 14 Nov 2010, 21:31
@ Above - My profile pales in comparison with yours :)
I see a similar post in Pagalguy. Good luck!
Intern
Intern

Re: Ask ISB Alumni @ ThinkISB [#permalink] New post 15 Nov 2010, 04:40
@Veeraraghavan,
Hi, Yes..PG is more of peer eval while this is alum perspectives..so difference in opinions :)
Intern
Intern

Re: Ask ISB Alumni @ ThinkISB [#permalink] New post 19 Nov 2010, 23:02
@ThinkISB responses plz?

GMAT Tests User
Re: Ask ISB Alumni @ ThinkISB [#permalink] New post 24 Nov 2010, 07:08
Veeraraghavan wrote:
Hey!

I Introduce myself as Veeraraghavan

Profile:

Class 10 - 65.4 % ( CBSE )

Class 12 - 83.4 % ( State Board )

B.E - Mechanical Engineering - 2006 Pass out - 73 %

Work Experience :

Employed with Essar Steel Limited Since Sep 2006 . Joined as a Graduate Engineering Trainee, now working as a Deputy Manager. Manufacturing Sector! :)

Extra Curricluar Activities :

Worked for a NGO for 3 months. ( International Association for Prevention of AIDS )

Captain of the Essar Cricket Team, Vizag.

May soon write articles for a magazine called "Yo Vizag "

Previous GMAT Experience:

Nightmarish! Got a dismal 470 last Dec. ( I wasnt keeping well, had to quit the exam midway, hence the score :( )

RATE MY PROFILE PUHLEEZ!!!!! :cry:

Dear Veeraraghavan,

Well, your work experience adds diversity to your profile. But what will matter more than just the industry, designation/role or your number of years of experience will be the quality of experience. Have you shown any initiatives at your work? Any leadership or team experience will help demonstrate your proactiveness, team skills and your ability to see the big picture.

But your acads is not your strength. Your UG score is just average. So you need to have a strong GMAT score to overcome it. With 470, we'd have to say, try again next year with better preparation to target at least a 700.

All the best.

ThinkAdmit

Intern
Intern
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
Schools: Indian School of Business (ISB) - Class of 2013
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
WE: Other (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 9

Re: Ask ISB Alumni @ ThinkISB [#permalink] New post 28 Nov 2010, 13:32
Hi evaluator at ThinkISB,

Thank you in advance for the time you will invest to evaluate my profile for ISB. I plan to apply next year for the batch of 2012-2013.

Concentration: General Management with a focus on International Business
Age and Nationality: Will be 31 at matriculation, Indian
GMAT: 730 (Q49, V41, AWA: 6.0); October 2010

Education:
1. MS in Biomedical Engineering, with thesis, from Drexel University, PA, in 2005. GPA: 3.56/4.00 (My research work was on a Department of Transportation/Department of Defense project, on which my MS thesis was based)
2. Bachelor of Engineering in Biomedical Engineering, University of Mumbai, India, 2003. Graduated in First Class with Distinction. 70%

Experience:
Sector: Biotechnology; Function: Research and Management; Years: 5.5 years at matriculation
The company I work for is a biotechnology company that is a world leader in a niche biotech area. The company, based in USA, is the world’s largest manufacturer of research use proteins and other research use products related to those proteins.
I joined the company as a bench scientist. After working for 1.5 years as a bench scientist, I was promoted to the position of Quality Manager.
My role/responsibilities as Quality Manager:
I do not know how best to put this, but here is a shot…….. Since we are a small company, we do not have multiple QA and QC divisions, and thus Quality has roles in several departments and at several stages in the deployment of a product. Despite having primary responsibilities, the managers at the company wear multiple hats depending on the nature of the project. Technically I manage only 1 person, but there are several instances when I have worked in teams and I have taken the role of a leader. My role has been more horizontal than vertical. Although I am the Manager, I enjoy and continue to perform experiments on a regular basis. Hence, holistically, my role as a Quality Manager involves, in addition to the primary responsibilities of QC/QA, working in teams and managing/co-managing projects on product maintenance, product improvement, product transfer from development to manufacturing, and process control/improvement. I report to the COO.

Post-MBA Goals:
Short-term (4-5 years): Senior level management at a biotech or pharma company with a role of managing operations either in a sub-division of a company (e.g. a product line/project in a big pharma) or in a company (in case of a small or mid-size biotech). Ideal geographical location would be India or USA.
Long term (after 5 years): Depending on circumstances, it would be either progressing on goal 1 or starting/working for a biotechnology company in India with focus on Clinical Research or low-cost manufacturing of research-grade biotechnology products.

Articles/Publications/Presentations:
1. An author on 5 articles (1st on 1, 2nd on 2, and 4th on 2) that have been published in reputed journals. I contributed to 3 articles during my limited down time at work; the focus of those articles was to go a step beyond demonstrating quality by actually demonstrating applicability of the products. The remaining two articles are peer-reviewed publications, one of which is based on work done in grad school.
2. Prepared 3 posters that were converted into application notes/tech notes and published in our company catalog.
3. Presented a poster and delivered a talk at an International Conference.

Extra-curricular: (Nothing special, just the average man)
1. I am an avid scrabble player, though I play the game for leisure only.
2. In 2010, I represented a League in a state-wide Cricket tournament in New Jersey (was not the captain and definitely not the best player in the team (just to put it in context). We did not win).
3. Member of IEEE-EMBS (an international society for electrical and electronics engineers) during under-graduate years. Successfully organized a college wide event.
I enjoy traveling locally (have visited 5 states in USA), reading horror stories (Stephen King, and Dean Koontz novels), playing ping-pong and chess, and listening to rock music.

Memberships:
1. Member of the American Society of Chemistry
2. Senior member of the American Society for Quality

Community Service:
None

Languages besides English:
Hindi, Gujarati , Marathi , and basic German (self-taught)
Intern
Intern

Re: Ask ISB Alumni @ ThinkISB [#permalink] New post 03 Dec 2010, 22:05
hello!

my gmat score is 710.(50, 38)

i am a b.tech graduation in mechanical GPA 7.3/10

i have worked for nearly 2 years with my dads firm logistics, packing and moving, cargo movement after finishing my graduation.

after that i moved into the banking industry as did not see myself in logistics in longer run. starting in a lower managerial postion. i have worked for 4.5 years in the banking sector with 2 promotions, now as branch manager.

i have finished my CFA(all 3 levels), and JAIIB, CAIIB certification while in banking.

also before joining the bank i was given academic training of 1 year(9 months class+3 months intern in bank) and additional 1 year of distance learning. it was called and MBA but is not at par with the standard MBA curiculam. it was more or less industry training.

extracurriculars: i had participated in a short national social service program for educating village kids etc during collage. apart from that a few essay writing. few additional mechanical engginerring workshops.

QUESTION: is my profile fit for isb??? i want to again get into banking itself after isb. also the training which was called an MBA did not have a curriculam of the standard of mba as i have mentioned....willll that be held against me. i mean will it do bad to my overall profile???

GMAT Tests User
Re: Ask ISB Alumni @ ThinkISB [#permalink] New post 12 Dec 2010, 08:12
chocoswiss wrote:
Hi ThinkISB

My profile:
Indian Female 24
Living in Singapore for over 10yrs now, family here as well

Gmat1: 700 (48Q 37 V) 6.0 AWA
Gmat2: 720 (49Q 38 V) 6.0 AWA (pathetic improvement I would say)
Excellent O & A lvls (Cambridge Uni based 10th and 12th) though we have grades instead of percentile. All distinctions/As

Uni: National Univ of Spore
NOT good uni gpa (just managed a honors, though my acad curriculum was easily among the toughest combi in university): Chemical/Biomolecular Engineering (chem and biotech are considered most prestigious engg and hardest to get admitted to, in Spore though I have heard this isn't the case in India)

Was also part of University Scholars Program (USP), where 3% of each cohort of NUS is selected for this prestigious acad program. I finished All the modules and related ECs etc But because my Final gpa, just missed the USP gpa cut off to receive a USP Grad cert, i am not considered a USP grad.. So I am allowed to call myself a participant not a grad)

Work: 16mnths as of November, at a global Swiss Bank as Product Controller (Finance Division). Work with Traders/Accts/Valuation Groups etc to validate daily Profit & Loss statement of the trading desk and other P&L related tasks. Worked on products such as Options, Futures, Variance Swaps, Portfolio Swaps, Dividend Swaps, Total Return Swaps, Bonds etc
Currently leading a Lean & Six Sigma project for another team in the bank and aim to receive my Green Belt by the end of the project (SLA: Jan/Feb 2011)

But Post High Sch/College days internships add up to another 16mnths in various industries

ECs: have been involved in eclectic ones, such as Youth Energy awareness, science journal committee, magazine editorial, Red Cross, Cricket, International Student Ambassador etc throughout uni/high sch

Intl Expe: India (:P) on a social-biodiversity field trip to Lower Himalaya through USP
Jakarta, Bangkok, Brussels on a field trip/study mission for ASEAN and EU through USP

Your feedback is much appreciated =)

Thanks

Hey chocoswiss,

We really apologize for replying late.

Well, your profile is unique and interesting at the same time. You've been staying in Singapore for a while now, so we assume you are a citizen? That makes you an international candidate. Things change a bit from here on. Have you applied already?

Your acads are strong. Yes, 700-720 is a pathetic improvement which was not required at the first place. 700 is decent for your profile. For your undergrad, you say you just managed honours, but what matters is your percentile. Nobody cares if it is toughest to get into, what they care about it, how you performed after you got in. as compared to your peers. ISB is tough to get into, but the race starts after that. :) While writing your app, do not forget to highlight USP as your USP. That's a good differentiator. Your CFA does add to your acads to some extent only if it is directly beneficial to your current job.

Work-ex: Your job description looks good, but what I'm more interested in as an applicant is what was your contribution. I, as a reader of your application, would like to understand how you perform in various challenging situations. Do you have the ability to look at the bigger picture, beyond your job description? Think of examples that highlight these aspects of your profile and talk about those in your essays. 16 months is a relatively low experience as far as ISB is concerned. But if you have decided to apply, no harm in taking a shot.

ECA, international work-ex, all thumbs up. I hope you have highlighted these aspects in your app, rather than focusing on GMAT improvement from 700-720. :)

All the best!

ThinkAdmit

Intern
Intern

Re: Ask ISB Alumni @ ThinkISB [#permalink] New post 15 Dec 2010, 03:46
Hello... First of all I would like to thank ThinkISB for helping all of us. Is it the same team who is also behind ISBConnect at PG (I was lucky to have met Roshan at ISB Campus)

My Profile:

Nationality: 25 yr, male, Indian
GMAT: Havent even selected a date. Prep going on.

Education:
10th - 85.8 (ICSE)
12th - 73.2 (ISC)
BE - 71.3 (First Class with Distinction from RVCE) - it was a pleasant surprise to know that RVCE was the most represented college at ISB if each IIT is considered separate.

Experience:

Joined a topnotch IT company of the world right after college days. Been here for past 2.5 years. Typical IT work profile. Wouldnt want to specify the normal work of an IT guy considering that almost everyone is aware of it.

Some career highlights in brief though

Core team member of LEAN Team (One Delivery Excellence Leader, a Project Manager and Me), which proposed efficient and faster processes with reduction in cost incurred to Client. (Savings – US$ 237,000)
Developed and proposed a Business Plan to generate revenue to client of my first project ever.(Revenue - €100,000 per year. (Since I have moved to another project, dun know the present status of that business plan.
Saved cost to project by efficient transportation processes.(Savings - US$ 30,000 per year)
Developed and presented a case study that increased the efficiency of a specific process by 20%
One of the Lead Initiators (4 including me) and Core team member of Innovation Team at the Account level of the project.
Given a best rating of Outstanding Contributor (topmost rank) in my first full appraisal year.
Numerous appreciation mails from Managers, Clients as well.

Some university highlights:

Recipient of the Tata Steel Millennium Scholarship for all four years of my Bachelor’s degree.
Part of a team that built a first plug in Hybrid electric car. Car was unveiled and was covered by leading newspapers (national and local)
Conceptualized and organized a 3 day department fest within a span of 1 week.

Extra Currliculars:

Represent my account in cricket. Part of a community service program of my company and have beeen involved for past 1 yr.

Goals:

Very Short Term Goal : ( I know it sounds like....WAT !!!!! Very Short Term Goal !!! :lol: )
Quit my job in IT and work in another industry. Search going on for couple of months. Lack of exp is the problem in shifting. :(

Short Term Goal: Would like to work in a financial institution or in a consulting company (I know both areas are very very broad) so that I can understand the process that will help in my long term aspiration

Long Term Aspiration: Have a business plan in mind, would like to set up my own venture. Afterall, even entrepreneurs need a Finance or a consulting guy to help them. So y not be that guy.

P.S. @Everyone
btw I have created a thread Pre MBA Internship
Can't post the link as I am not 5 days old... :)
I find many "views" but no "feedback". :) Please give feedback if you can.

GMAT Tests User
Re: Ask ISB Alumni @ ThinkISB [#permalink] New post 21 Jul 2011, 08:07
Dear fellow readers,

Apologies for being MIA. ThinkISB is back with a new persona: ThinkAdmit. along with the website, we've introduced some new services and are offering our services for all B-schools. We have got advisors from Kellogg, Chicago, Stern, INSEAD in addition to of course, ISB. We are doing free profile evaluations and target school feedback on this thread. Feel free to shoot your questions and we'll be glad to answer.

ThinkAdmit

GMAT Tests User
Re: Ask ISB Alumni @ ThinkISB [#permalink] New post 25 Jul 2011, 02:25
Hey All,

Hope your ISB applications are now in full swing considering the deadline of 15-Sep for round 1. We did an in depth analysis of this year's ISB essays. Hope you find it useful.

ISB Essay topics:
Essay 1: Please detail, your two most significant achievements. These could be either professional or personal but relevant to your application to the ISB. (300 words max)
Essay 2: Where do you see yourself three years after you graduate from the ISB? (300 words max)
Essay 3: Please provide additional information, that will significantly affect the consideration of your application to the ISB. (300 words max)

Read here for our ISB Essay Analysis.

ThinkAdmit

GMAT Tests User
Re: Ask ISB Alumni @ ThinkISB [#permalink] New post 05 Aug 2011, 01:13
Hi All,

We are a group of B-school alumni from ISB, INSEAD, Kellogg, Stern, Oxford and are all available to answer your queries regarding the admission process. Feel free to throw your questions on this thread:
ask-thinkadmit-free-profile-evaluation-117449.html

ThinkAdmit

Intern
Intern

Re: Ask ISB Alumni @ ThinkISB [#permalink] New post 28 Sep 2011, 03:54
Hi ISB Alumni @ ThinkISB,

Request you to provide me with a profile eval

1. GMAT - 610 (V30, Q44, AWA - 5.5)
2. Acads: Bachelor of Engineering - First Class with distinction
3. XII - 80%
4. X - 85%
5. Work ex - 3.5 yrs, IT (top 3 in india)
6. International exp - 1 year in an emerging Market (Anchoring two teams for a strategic company project)
7. Selected as one of 20 young leaders by company (direct mentoring by by senior manangement and under the nose of group head)
8. Part of strategy and innovation at unit level.
9. Extra curricular activities include: sports, quiz, ngo etc

Would highly appreciate your views regarding my profile.. i am aware my gmat is low but would like to know my realistic chances..

Think Big, but start Small!!!
WishMBA

GMAT Tests User
Re: Ask ISB Alumni @ ThinkISB [#permalink] New post 30 Sep 2011, 02:37
wishMBA wrote:
Hi ISB Alumni @ ThinkISB,

Request you to provide me with a profile eval

1. GMAT - 610 (V30, Q44, AWA - 5.5)
2. Acads: Bachelor of Engineering - First Class with distinction
3. XII - 80%
4. X - 85%
5. Work ex - 3.5 yrs, IT (top 3 in india)
6. International exp - 1 year in an emerging Market (Anchoring two teams for a strategic company project)
7. Selected as one of 20 young leaders by company (direct mentoring by by senior manangement and under the nose of group head)
8. Part of strategy and innovation at unit level.
9. Extra curricular activities include: sports, quiz, ngo etc

Would highly appreciate your views regarding my profile.. i am aware my gmat is low but would like to know my realistic chances..

Think Big, but start Small!!!
WishMBA

Hi wishMBA,

I've answered your query on our new thread: ask-thinkadmit-free-profile-evaluation-117449.html#p980938

ThinkAdmit

Intern
Intern

Re: Ask ISB Alumni @ ThinkISB [#permalink] New post 08 Feb 2012, 04:21
Dear ThinkISB,

I am Swapnil. Right now working with a company in Maritime Industry. Following is my profile. Please evaluate it so that i get an idea of what areas to be worked upon.

1. GMAT - Not appeared yet. Please suggest effective score after studying remaining points.
2. Acads :B.E. Mechanical (Pune University) with 60%. Several backlogs during engineering years.
3. XII - 85.83%
4. X - 85.46%
5. Work ex - 2years 2 months: Started with Training Industry with one of a reputed Training company in Pune. I worked there for 8 months. Then I stepped out of this company to find a job in Technical field with sales/marketing profile. I got an opportunity in Forbes Marshall at their Hyderabad office. It is a manufacturing company mainly catering to process industry. I worked in Hyderabad for 6 months. Since the environment and over exposure to chemicals and polluted environment in chemical and pharma plants I quit it and got a job in Mumbai with a company in Marine Industry, which supplies spare parts to Ships in India and Singapore. Here my profile became stronger and I was handling the sales-marketing for India market. I worked with this company for 9 months and had to give away the job because they were planning to close down the India office and shift sales activities to Singapore. I then got a job with another company in same sector with higher profile. Here now I am dealing with Principals and Clients on International level. I daily interact with people worldwide for different types of services.

6. International exp - Dealing with International clients from India for 3 months now. But have never been to foreign countries.
8. Handling India Market independently and supporting Dubai market as back up. Plus Business Development for Saudi Market.
9. Extra curricular activities include: Captain of Kho Kho team on District level. Played for 5 years during school. Won 2nd prize in paper presentation competition in University level competition.
Worked as "Event Head" for a Mass Motivational Program arranged in Pune called "Born To Win". Lead a team of 100 volunteers from various backgrounds. This event was held Thrice. first it was for 3000, then 1000 then 600. in year 2008-2009.
Event Head for cultural programs arranged for Army Paraplegic Rehabilitation Centre, Kirkee,Pune. I was leading a team of about 50 performers (dancers, singers, actors, anchors and musicians). This was done as social contribution towards Army Paraplegic soldiers.

Event lead for a social event called " Roti Kapda aur Muskan" arranged by The Chrysalis Foundation. Our team raised 8 tonne of Rise, lots of clothes and books+toys for tribal people in Maharashtra. Mainly around Pune. We did this within 2 months time. During this event I was working with Chrysalis as Business Dev. Executive and side by was handling this event too. Team of about 25 people.

Can you provide me with a feedback to work upon to get into ISB. I have already planned for 3 businesses and will be starting one of them within 6 months. Kindly suggest me with most competitive score in GMAT that I should get.

Many thanks

Swapnil
Intern
Intern
WE: Sales (Computer Software)

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 15

Re: Ask ISB Alumni @ ThinkISB [#permalink] New post 24 Jul 2012, 11:16
Hi,
Kindly evaluate my Profile please.

I am planning to give my GMAT in Sept'12. I am hitting 650 in GMAT prep & MGMAT & hope would touch 700 in the finals.
I want to apply for ISB for the class of 2013.

Work Experience: total 4 yrs of work-ex in Sales ( Business Development, Marketing, Sales, New Acquisition & Farming from Existing Accounts ) of IT Solutions & Services like Data Centre Services, Cloud Services, IT Management & Monitoring, Facility Management, Hardware, Software, etc

IBM/26 months/ Sales & Marketing of above mentioned IT Services apart from Running a marketing campaign to educate customers about IBM services.

Omnitech (MNC)/ 12 months / Sales of above mentioned services.

Wipro/6 months & working till date/ Sales of above services. New Acquisitions & Farming from existing Large accounts.

Education Background:

Post Graduate Diploma in MAnagement through Distance Learning from Symbiosis Pune.
B.tech in Computer Science & Engineering with 69%
12th from Maths & Science with 73%
10th from PCM with 84%.

Extracurricular Activities:

Active member of Green Peace Society ( NGO for Environment Protection ) in terms of Donations & participating in campaigns.
Freelancing in Trading in Stock Markets.
President of Cultural Society of my College.
Developed - Installed & Commissioned a Self Made Health Research Software for Homeopath Doctors to carry out different kinds of research, at my hometown free of cost.
It is still running live successfully.

My Question:

1) What is my chance of getting into ISB & what would be the min score required?

Any other suggestions / advice would be helpul. Kindly advice.

Regards,
Anoop
Re: Ask ISB Alumni @ ThinkISB   [#permalink] 24 Jul 2012, 11:16