Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 25 Oct 2014, 09:18

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

B schools for me

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

B schools for me [#permalink] New post 15 Sep 2005, 19:22
GPA : 2.6 , Bachelor Degree of Computer Engineer at the most prominent international college in Thailand
GMAT : 710 (Q48 86%, V39 89%), AWA 5.0
TOEFL : 263
Nationality : Thai (Thailand) Male, 24years old

Work Experiences : 4Years in a local software company
Start position : Software programmer.
Current position : Project Manager leading 6 Programmers.

Want to pursue my study in MBA, concentrate in Finance

After finish the MBA: want to work in Investment Management or Investment Banking

Despite my GMAT score, my GPA is low admittedly. Could you please suggest highest-ranked/reputated MBA program(Finance) that I might have a chance in ?

Best Regards
Japai Rean
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
MBA Admissions Consulting
Followers: 43

Kudos [?]: 347 [0], given: 64

Re: B schools for me [#permalink] New post 15 Sep 2005, 20:09
Expert's post
japai_rean wrote:
GPA : 2.6 , Bachelor Degree of Computer Engineer at the most prominent international college in Thailand

After finish the MBA: want to work in Investment Management or Investment Banking

Despite my GMAT score, my GPA is low admittedly. Could you please suggest highest-ranked/reputated MBA program(Finance) that I might have a chance in ?

Best Regards
Japai Rean

What was your class rank? What percentage of the class, roughly, had a higher GPA than you?

Linda Abraham
Accepted
310-815-9553

Co-Author of: MBA Admission for Smarties: The No-Nonsense Guide to Acceptance at Top Business Schools

Follow Accepted on Twitter
Friend Accepted on Facebook
Subscribe to Accepted's Blog

Intern
Intern

Re: B schools for me [#permalink] New post 16 Sep 2005, 07:15
Accepted.com wrote:
japai_rean wrote:

Best Regards
Japai Rean

What was your class rank? What percentage of the class, roughly, had a higher GPA than you?

Thank you so much for your reply.

I'm really sorry that I have not prepared all the above-mentioned information. I will collect all information that you mentioned above and post a new topic in this forum again. However, I believed I have around 60% percentile in the class (~40% of the class have higher GPA than I have). The low GPA mainly stems from my financial problem, I have to work so hard as a part-time programmer to support very expensive tuition cost (since it's international private college -> about 5times more expensive, yet I chose to study here because I believe English is essential to my future career). Moreover, I have 2 semesters experience being a Teacher-Assistant for one programming class since I did very well in programming course.

Best Regards,
Expert Post
MBA Admissions Consulting
Followers: 43

Kudos [?]: 347 [0], given: 64

Re: B schools for me [#permalink] New post 19 Sep 2005, 13:53
Expert's post
japai_rean wrote:
Accepted.com wrote:
japai_rean wrote:

Best Regards
Japai Rean

Thank you so much for your reply.

I'm really sorry that I have not prepared all the above-mentioned information. I will collect all information that you mentioned above and post a new topic in this forum again. However, I believed I have around 60% percentile in the class (~40% of the class have higher GPA than I have). The low GPA mainly stems from my financial problem, I have to work so hard as a part-time programmer to support very expensive tuition cost (since it's international private college -> about 5times more expensive, yet I chose to study here because I believe English is essential to my future career). Moreover, I have 2 semesters experience being a Teacher-Assistant for one programming class since I did very well in programming course.

Best Regards,

You don't have to apologize. I don't normally ask those questions. But sometimes a foreign GPA is translated and the translation represents it as much lower than it really it. I was hoping this is the case here, but apparently it isn't.

You should apply to a range of schools strong in finance. HOpefully one of the higher ranked schools will bite based on your explanation of your low grades and your otherwise competitive profile the fact that b-schools are not inundated with applicants from Thailand.

Consider the following programs: Yale, NYU, Duke, Cornell, UT, Georgetown, Rochester

Good luck!

Linda Abraham
Accepted
310-815-9553

Co-Author of: MBA Admission for Smarties: The No-Nonsense Guide to Acceptance at Top Business Schools

Follow Accepted on Twitter
Friend Accepted on Facebook
Subscribe to Accepted's Blog

Intern
Intern

Please advise [#permalink] New post 12 Oct 2005, 19:05
Hi,

I am also Thai. Can you please share your experience in order to get very high GMAT score? Where do you take GMAT course?

I took Kaplan course in the U.S. but my score was very poor. Now I am in Thailand. I would like to find my way how I can reach 600 score. If you don't mind, please give me your email address or contact number.

Looking forward to your reply.