Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 27 Jul 2014, 22:25

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Background Verification - LONG time frame?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Sustainability, Strategy
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Background Verification - LONG time frame? [#permalink] New post 22 May 2012, 10:32
This post was
BOOKMARKED
Hey All, I know that there is an older thread on this topic but I was hoping to revive the topic with updated information. Most schools seem to be using Kroll or ReVera to conduct a verification check on an applicant once he or she has paid the deposit.

Although the length of time to complete the process and receive confirmation certainly seems to vary by school, I wanted to start a thread where people could post their experiences with these checks.

As someone who is still awaiting confirmation, it would be great to see how long the overall process has taken for other applicants.

I am currently waiting for Stern to send my confirmation. I sent in my authorization form to Kroll about 7 weeks ago.

Any thoughts?
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 1

Re: Background Verification - LONG time frame? [#permalink] New post 10 Jun 2012, 16:53
Interesting that they have you actually sign a separate form after application. You would think that perhaps it would be a part of the application with the statement "if admitted and deposit submitted, the following company is authorized to do a background check, etc."

So have you heard back yet? 7wks is a long time to just get a verification done. I understand that all they have to do is verify transcripts, social security/criminal record, & gmat. I don't think they even check the employment...but they could easily because employers' names usually appear on credit reports. But even then they could only check to make sure that you're working for, for example, Goldman Sachs. They wouldn't be able to verify which department you actually work in. I suppose that's why they require at least one of your recs to be from an immediate supervisor (with tel number/address), so they can call and verify.

Does anyone know if their recommenders were called?
Re: Background Verification - LONG time frame?   [#permalink] 10 Jun 2012, 16:53