Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Aug 2014, 04:29

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Booth/Kellogg Weekend Program

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Booth/Kellogg Weekend Program [#permalink] New post 19 Sep 2011, 09:46
I'm looking for some insight on how competitive the weekend programs at Booth/Kellogg are and the chances of getting accepted. I have a bachelors in business admin with concentration in economics from Seton Hall. My cumulative GPA was 3.25 (had a full time job while at school). I currently work one of the largest asset managers in the world in the trade operations department (middle office). I just started as volunteer for an organization that helps kids with AIDS/HIV. assuming i pull a 710 (GMAT) and provide good essays and references, what are my chances of getting accepted?

I currently live and work in NYC and plan to commute to Chicago every weekend. not sure if this will also be a factor the admission comm will take into consideration for admission.

Thx for your feedback
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
Admissionado
Schools: Brown University, Harvard Business School
Followers: 43

Kudos [?]: 518 [0], given: 29

GMAT Tests User
Re: Booth/Kellogg Weekend Program [#permalink] New post 19 Sep 2011, 13:09
Expert's post
Your chances are looking good. The programs tend to be less competitive than the full time programs
But one question for you: What about Langone?
:)
It'll save you a load of time, and will probably help you meet some awesome people.

Jon Frank
Founder, Admissionado

Admissionado.com

If you like the post, give it a KUDOS!

Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Booth/Kellogg Weekend Program [#permalink] New post 19 Sep 2011, 15:00
thank you for your feedback. Kellogg and Booth are my choices over NYU because in addition to the quality of the programs, the career service centers allow PT students the same opp as for FT (except internships). one of the reason for pursuing an MBA is because i would like to change careers during the program.
Re: Booth/Kellogg Weekend Program   [#permalink] 19 Sep 2011, 15:00