Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 28 Aug 2014, 01:37

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all BYU Fall '08 applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Calling all BYU Fall '08 applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Aug 2007, 17:56
Just wondering who all is out there applying to BYU for Fall '08. Obviously I will be applying. Who else?
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

[#permalink] New post 16 Aug 2007, 04:55
I won't be applying for my MBA....but I did my undergrad there. Good Luck!
Intern
Intern

[#permalink] New post 16 Aug 2007, 12:23
I also did my undergrad there! Great school! I love living in Chicago too much to ever go back to Utah. I am trying to get into Chicago's GSB for Winter 08.
Manager
Manager

[#permalink] New post 28 Aug 2007, 13:29
I did my undergrad there as well. It is a good school. And the cost is definitely right which is why I'm applying.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Schools: Kellogg Alum: Class of 2010
Followers: 78

Kudos [?]: 692 [0], given: 5

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 28 Aug 2007, 14:50
BYU is one of the more reasonable priced schools thats for sure. Pretty much if you go to any good program it will pay off in the end...its not like a lot of grad degrees that are pretty much a waste of money.
Manager
Manager

[#permalink] New post 20 Sep 2007, 15:23
BYU just got ranked #1 in the regional rankings for recruiters top school in the Wall Street Journal. That's pretty impressive, anyone with me?

http://www.careerjournal.com/reports/bschool07/20070917-alsop-mbrank.htm[/url]
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Kudos [?]: 15 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 30 Sep 2007, 15:48
I am first year MBA student at BYU. So far, I am loving it.

I see why WSJ ranked it 1st among regional programs. Program is developing very fast.

btw, they are doubling the program size next year.
Manager
Manager

[#permalink] New post 30 Sep 2007, 16:08
Dilshod wrote:
I am first year MBA student at BYU. So far, I am loving it.

I see why WSJ ranked it 1st among regional programs. Program is developing very fast.

btw, they are doubling the program size next year.

They're doubling it? Wow, that's really going to change things. What other programs did you apply to and what made you decide to go to BYU?
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all BYU Fall '08 applicants [#permalink] New post 07 Jul 2008, 13:49
How is the Finacial recruiting there at BYU? In particular Investment Banking and Private Equity? BYU is among my top 5 school choices, but I haven't been able to speak with anyone that has actually gone through the MBA program there.
Manager
Manager
Schools: Wharton, Chicago

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all BYU Fall '08 applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Jul 2008, 10:21
I know that IB placement is improving at the Marriott School. I still believe it's an uphill battle, but it seems that there has been a large increase in BYU alumni in the financial field recently, and this is helping to create opportunities from that angle. Marriott u-grad probably "places" better than MBA program into those fields. I know at least a few, and more and more, BBs come to campus to recruit. I think BYU MBAs in IB, either did IB pre-MBA or had good enough stats to go to top 10 schools but opted for BYU for other reasons. (This is usually, but not always, true of the caliber of u-grad students that get into IB/PE as well.) PE doesn't really "recruit" in the traditional sense that IB does (except you could say that it's heading that direction for some of the larger firms that go to H/S and to a lesser extent W.) If you're going to get an MBA at BYU and don't have previous PE or at least IB experience, opportunities will probably not be available. However, there are some local VC firms that might give such a person a look, I don't know. Good luck, and be sure to take Jackson for strategy.
Re: Calling all BYU Fall '08 applicants   [#permalink] 08 Jul 2008, 10:21