Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 21 Oct 2014, 04:42

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling All Kellogg Fall 2011 Waitlists

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 2 [1] , given: 3

Calling All Kellogg Fall 2011 Waitlists [#permalink] New post 08 Jan 2011, 11:26
This post received
KUDOS
Has anyone heard back from their AdCom contact yet? I called and left a voicemail this past Monday, but that's it...
4 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Schools: CBS (R2) Stern (R2) Kellogg (R1) GSB (R2)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [4] , given: 0

Re: Calling All Kellogg Fall 2011 Waitlists [#permalink] New post 23 Mar 2011, 08:27
This post received
KUDOS
To all R1 applicants, I have some official news. After trying multiple times to reach my assigned admission counselor over the last few days, moments ago I was able to get in touch with her. She told me that we should expect an email next week as to whether we wish to remain on the waitlist or whether we wish to opt out. The dates in the FAQ were NOT correct.

As of right now, they are still shaping the the class with R2 applicants. They hope to make some more waitlist decisions as soon as they can.

I hope that provides some clarity to everyone. Certainly before the end of the month, we will all receive an update and a chance to decide to stay on the waitlist or withdraw.
3 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Affiliations: Kellogg 2012
Schools: Kellogg
WE 1: 6 years in High Tech

Kudos [?]: 3 [3] , given: 2

Re: Calling All Kellogg Fall 2011 Waitlists [#permalink] New post 22 Mar 2011, 16:40
This post received
KUDOS
gsmon wrote:
Got waitlisted to the 2Y program today. Is everyone assigned a waitlist manager? And is that manager forthcoming with what to do next?

Thanks in advance guys!

I successfully got off the waitlist in R1. Yes everyone is assigned a waitlist manager but unless they found anything specifically lacking (which apparently happens for only a small percentage of waitlisters), they will not tell you anything very specific.

So my advice is to follow the instructions (including waiting till 4/4) and then send out meaningful updates (about once a month) can be professional or EC but only meaningful stuff somehow relevant to your app. If you have any Kellogg current students or alums who know you really well (to the extent of commenting on your personality and fit with Kellogg) then you can request them to send in a letter of support. Not sure if that matters but worth a try.

I think in R2 lot of other folks with admits from other schools will be less motivated to follow up so those of you sticking up for Kellogg have a better chance as the adcom will know who is definitely guaranteed to come if accepted.

--J
2 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
WE 1: Energy

Kudos [?]: 3 [2] , given: 1

Re: Calling All Kellogg Fall 2011 Waitlists [#permalink] New post 22 Mar 2011, 11:30
This post received
KUDOS
FYI to the new members of the Kellogg waitlist -- the R1 Waitlist has had limited GC movement... (i think like one admit?, handful of dings)
2 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 5 [2] , given: 0

Re: Calling All Kellogg Fall 2011 Waitlists [#permalink] New post 20 May 2011, 14:24
This post received
KUDOS
I spoke with my WL manager earlier today and received the following response (roughly):

"Where we are now in the process is seeing how the class is rounding out. We did release some decisions on the May 11th deadline, and are just seeing how the class is looking. We plan on releasing more decisions in the next week. If you still do not hear anything in the next week you will most likely be contacted and asked if you want to join the summer WL; however, at this time we have not yet reached our decision for summer WL candidates."

Bottom line: Next week should have more decisions coming in. They probably gave their WL admits only a few days to decide (similar to Duke), and spots will open up if they choose to decline. My guess is more dings will come next week too.
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 2 [1] , given: 1

Re: Calling All Kellogg Fall 2011 Waitlists [#permalink] New post 20 Jan 2011, 07:20
This post received
KUDOS
Would you mind sharing your profile? I applied R2 and have a lower quant score too, curious if that means an automatic ding or WL for me.[/quote]

Sure! 710 total / 95% verbal / 68% quant. I was finance undergrad, 5 years work experience in investment banking/private equity.[/quote]

Thanks for sharing...that makes me sad, because my quant is even lower than that and I really want to go to Kellogg :cry:[/quote]

That was just one piece of feedback I was able to get, I don't think anyone's application is hinging on one score. Everyone's profile will be different so you can't really use someone else as a benchmark (your gpa is higher than mine).
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 1 [1] , given: 0

Re: Calling All Kellogg Fall 2011 Waitlists [#permalink] New post 21 Feb 2011, 19:58
This post received
KUDOS
I received a wake up call from Kathy from Admissions at 7:50am Shanghai time (near 6pm Evanston time)! She informed me that I had been accepted into the 2 year program. After I came out of my sleeping stupor I realized the enormity of the information and shrieked. To which she replied, I hope that means it's good news! Which of course, it is. I'm accepting their offer!

My GMAT score is an even 700 - high quant, low verbal. I was an economics major / accounting minor from a top 20 public university with a 3.4 GPA. I started my career in public accounting, earned my CPA, moved onto private equity investment management before I took some time off to travel the world ... bringing me to Kenya to do some non-profit consulting at a microfinance institution then to a start up in Shanghai, where I currently work.

I sent in two updates to my WL manager, one in mid January and one just one week ago (in anticipation of this first notification deadline). In my first conversation with my WL manager, she offered specific feedback that she wanted me to address in my first letter about my career track record & forward focus. In my second letter I included two significant updates - 1 professional (additional responsibility) and 1 personal (EC) as well as talking about the reasons why Kellogg is a good fit for me, including a few anecdotes about alumnae I've met in the past year traveling around the world.

Hope this helps. Keep your faith. Good things DO happen to those who wait.
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 2 [1] , given: 1

Re: Calling All Kellogg Fall 2011 Waitlists [#permalink] New post 22 Mar 2011, 08:14
This post received
KUDOS
I would at least wait until they are done sending out R2 decisions, because they most likely won't get back to you before then and you don't want your email to get lost. But, I would get in contact soon after that date, b/c I had to call several times just to get the correct person (the receptionist gave me to the 1 year person at first, and it's hard to get them on the phone sometimes).
1 KUDOS received
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Schools: Chicago Booth 2013, Ross, Duke , Kellogg , Stanford, Haas
Followers: 13

Kudos [?]: 98 [1] , given: 53

Reviews Badge
Re: Calling All Kellogg Fall 2011 Waitlists [#permalink] New post 25 Mar 2011, 09:56
This post received
KUDOS
tru777 wrote:
Got the same email here too...this is a bunch of BS!!! 6 months of waiting for this...F Kellogg, Booth here I come!

Just curious, how has everyone elses experience been with other programs compared to the crappy way we've all been treated by Kellogg? For me, Booth was by far more professional. Any other thoughts?

I agree... and I don't think I'm waiting around to endure more of it all summer on their waitlist. See you at Booth!

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Schools: Wharton, Kellogg, MIT, Kenan-Flagler, Booth, Darden, Duke
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 1 [1] , given: 2

Re: Calling All Kellogg Fall 2011 Waitlists [#permalink] New post 04 Apr 2011, 09:19
This post received
KUDOS
2013 wrote:
Has any R2 WL candidates received information regarding their POC for admission today yet? The FAQs suggested we wait until this week to contact the Adcom and I thought may provide us with a POC to contact.

You have to call the Adcom in order to understand the name of your POC
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 2 [1] , given: 0

Re: Calling All Kellogg Fall 2011 Waitlists [#permalink] New post 07 Apr 2011, 08:02
This post received
KUDOS
Cooper52 wrote:
I'm especially interested to hear if anyone was told to re-take the GMAT or take a class.

Posted from my mobile device Image

I called my WL manager and asked if there were any glaring issues with my application. She said that there was nothing really to improve upon and that they were waiting to see how the rest of round 3 shapes up. I mentioned that my GPA (3.44) was a little below average and that I was planning on retaking some classes online. She discouraged me from doing that and said that it would not be a good use of my time.

FYI: If you do need to redo any classes, check out LSU's online classes...ridiculously cheap ($350 for 3 credits/hours) and fairly easy.
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 2 [1] , given: 2

Re: Calling All Kellogg Fall 2011 Waitlists [#permalink] New post 19 Apr 2011, 06:04
This post received
KUDOS
2013 wrote:
So does anyone know how they inform status for accepts whether call or e-mail? Today is the big day for us on the WL, good luck to all, hopefully some of us get some good news.

From what I've read.

Accepts tend to be via phone calls. Dings tend to be via emails.
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: LEED AP
Schools: GSB(R1) Haas(R1) Wharton(R1) Kellogg(R1) Ross(R2) Tepper(R2)
WE 1: 4.5 yrs in architecture.
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 7 [1] , given: 7

Re: Calling All Kellogg Fall 2011 Waitlists [#permalink] New post 19 Apr 2011, 07:55
This post received
KUDOS
2013 wrote:
So does anyone know how they inform status for accepts whether call or e-mail? Today is the big day for us on the WL, good luck to all, hopefully some of us get some good news.

There were very few calls for either WL decision days in R1 and slightly more, but still few email rejections. Similarly, today is probably not going to be a big day for either. They're waiting for peeps to make decisions about whether to attend before they tell us anything and that's probably not happening until May or later.
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: LEED AP
Schools: GSB(R1) Haas(R1) Wharton(R1) Kellogg(R1) Ross(R2) Tepper(R2)
WE 1: 4.5 yrs in architecture.

Kudos [?]: 7 [1] , given: 7

Re: Calling All Kellogg Fall 2011 Waitlists [#permalink] New post 19 Apr 2011, 09:05
This post received
KUDOS
MakeItHappen2011 wrote:
Anyone know when R2 admits have to get their deposits in? That should tell us a lot about expected timing for WL decisions. Agree, very quiet today.

I remember hearing something about May 3rd.
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Schools: Duke (R1- WL), Kellogg (R2-WL)
WE 1: High-tech (4.5 years)

Kudos [?]: 10 [1] , given: 13

Re: Calling All Kellogg Fall 2011 Waitlists [#permalink] New post 19 Apr 2011, 09:06
This post received
KUDOS
The deposit deadline for R2 folks is May03.

MakeItHappen2011 wrote:
Anyone know when R2 admits have to get their deposits in? That should tell us a lot about expected timing for WL decisions. Agree, very quiet today.
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 2 [1] , given: 2

Re: Calling All Kellogg Fall 2011 Waitlists [#permalink] New post 20 Apr 2011, 09:34
This post received
KUDOS
Hi Guys,

I was back tracking some threads to get a sense of timing.

The first R1 WL notification date was Feb 18 (Friday). 2 admits received their notifications on Feb 21 (Monday).

So, we might see the same trend this go around.

There would probably be some movement in the coming days, negative and positive.

So don't fret yet over the lack of news.

Again, good luck! :wink:
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling All Kellogg Fall 2011 Waitlists [#permalink] New post 03 May 2011, 13:12
This post received
KUDOS
There were some dings leading upto May 10 and around may 10-12 people who got selected were notified, rest of them were kept on summer waitlist. This information is from following 2010 waitlist.
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling All Kellogg Fall 2011 Waitlists [#permalink] New post 10 May 2011, 09:16
This post received
KUDOS
rebr2013 wrote:
Congratulations windycitygirl!!!

Did you receive a call directly from your WL manager or from another Adcom officer? Did he/she mention anything about deposit dates?

Thanks so much! I heard directly from my WL manager. He sent me a follow-up email which included details about the deposit deadline on June 6.
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling All Kellogg Fall 2011 Waitlists [#permalink] New post 12 May 2011, 12:00
This post received
KUDOS
I sent my WL contact an email on wednesday and got a response saying that their deadlines are more like target dates. They expect to continue to release decisions in next couple of days.
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 5 [1] , given: 0

Re: Calling All Kellogg Fall 2011 Waitlists [#permalink] New post 20 May 2011, 05:23
This post received
KUDOS
I think most people go into the waitlist knowing that they might have to forfeit a deposit elsewhere. Honestly, I don't think that is a factor $2,000 out of $160,000 (1.25%) is not a huge opportunity cost in the scheme of things.

I'm going to contact my WL manager today, and she has been very helpful and responsive. I will post any useful info.
Re: Calling All Kellogg Fall 2011 Waitlists   [#permalink] 20 May 2011, 05:23