Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 20:56 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 20:56

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
CIO
CIO
Own Kudos [?]: 156 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
need advice [#permalink]
could you guys give me your opinion on my chances? How much would 1 year at McKinsey raise my chances of getting to ultra elite schools?

What are my chances as of today with following:

1) H/S

2) Kellog, Chicago, Columbia, Michigan

3) Virginia, Cornel, Haas, NYU

If I decide to appply for Fall 07, should I employ a "consulting" firm to help me better craft my aplication? Is there one that you guys could recomend?

What are my chances of getting any grants/scholarships from any of these schools if i apply now vs next year (after working for a year for M
Kinsey)??

Many thanks in advance for response. I know that i have many questions, but i am seriously confused.

lxa

p.s I know that you guys probably heard it thousands times, but the truth is that your book really is great, and i mean it!
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 230 [0]
Given Kudos: 59
Schools:Kellogg MBA 2004
Send PM
[#permalink]
Expert Reply
Much more important than having a year of McKinsey on your resume is showing WHAT you have accomplished on the job, whether it's at McKinsey or somewhere else. So, focus much less on the name and more on what you can personally accomplish on the job. That's what will increase your chances the most.

Based on the limited info I have, I think your chances of getting into at least one top-five school are pretty good. Don't hold your breath on grants or scholarships, though... They're pretty rare at the ultra-elite schools. My advice: Attend the school that you really want to attend (if you get in), not the school that offers you more money. Remember that this is decision will affect your career for the rest of your life!

Re: consulting firms, I strongly recommend Veritas, which is a partner of ours. They actually employ many of the principles that we outline in Your MBA Game Plan.

Good luck!

Scott
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]