Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Oct 2014, 04:07

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Comparing Scores

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Comparing Scores [#permalink] New post 04 May 2003, 16:10
My Gmat test date is just a week away. I did the exams on the POWERPREP CD ( from ETS), scored 700, 750. Then I went on to take tests from the Kaplan CD on which I scored 590, 620, 630. Earlier I had taken tests on the Powerprep website, recieved scores of 590, 630, 700.

Evidently, my scores span the whole range from 600-750 and I am worried that I am not constantly able to delived a targetted score(700+).

I would appreciate any tips from previous GMAT test takers (actual test) as to what kind of questions to expect on test day. ie, would the questions be on the level of the ones on: POWERPREP/KAPLAN/PRinceton Review.

Also on the math section, Permutations&Comibations aree the only areas i fear, does any one know if these questions are very likely to appear on the GMAT exam, because i didnt find many on the POWERPREP tests and even in
'The Official Guide for GMAT Review' by ETS.
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern

[#permalink] New post 05 May 2003, 02:40
Could someone please answer my question?
My test date is around the corner. Any suggestions/information in this regard will be very helpful.
Thanks.
Intern
Intern
Followers: 1

[#permalink] New post 05 May 2003, 07:04
Look at my post with subject "Frustrated Extremely" under the Share your GMAT experience.

I just took the GMAT on 5/3/03 and I had no comb/perm questions.

The quant is much harder than Kaplan/Princeton/Power Prep.

The verbal is similar to Power Prep.

I had only one probability question.

My essays were taken from the Official Guide.

Edwin
Intern
Intern

Essay topics [#permalink] New post 05 May 2003, 08:36
Thanks for the reply.
Are you saying that the essay topics came directly off from the Official Guide?
Intern
Intern
Followers: 1

[#permalink] New post 05 May 2003, 08:52
Yes, that is what I am saying.
Expert Post
Founder
Founder
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 2323

Kudos [?]: 9433 [0], given: 3700

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Comparing Scores [#permalink] New post 13 May 2003, 16:17
Expert's post
sarathk wrote:
My Gmat test date is just a week away. I did the exams on the POWERPREP CD ( from ETS), scored 700, 750. Then I went on to take tests from the Kaplan CD on which I scored 590, 620, 630. Earlier I had taken tests on the Powerprep website, recieved scores of 590, 630, 700.

Evidently, my scores span the whole range from 600-750 and I am worried that I am not constantly able to delived a targetted score(700+).

I would appreciate any tips from previous GMAT test takers (actual test) as to what kind of questions to expect on test day. ie, would the questions be on the level of the ones on: POWERPREP/KAPLAN/PRinceton Review.

Also on the math section, Permutations&Comibations aree the only areas i fear, does any one know if these questions are very likely to appear on the GMAT exam, because i didnt find many on the POWERPREP tests and even in
'The Official Guide for GMAT Review' by ETS.

sorry I missed your timing I guess. I was away from Email and the Internet. :oops:
Re: Comparing Scores   [#permalink] 13 May 2003, 16:17