Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Sep 2014, 04:19

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Consolidating threads

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
CEO
CEO
Followers: 60

Kudos [?]: 670 [0], given: 781

Consolidating threads [#permalink] New post 23 Oct 2007, 13:21
Would all of you support the idea of consolidating all the information into two or three stickies max?

Any suggested methods or guidelines for a sticky? I had a thread exclusively for links. I obviously don't want the information to be lost.

I just can't wait to get the wiki going. The volume and quality of information on here is overwhelming.

Last edited by Praetorian on 23 Oct 2007, 16:28, edited 1 time in total.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Schools: Kellogg Alum: Class of 2010
Followers: 78

Kudos [?]: 694 [0], given: 5

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 23 Oct 2007, 13:52
I think we need to try to get subjects together. Recommendations, Interviews, Visits, Essays, Resumes....basically all the things that we talk about all the time and answer the same questions repeatedly. Have a main announcement with all the links to a best practices thread where the first post can be links to all the valuable threads we can find about that subject.

The real problem is people who show up and immediately start asking questions without bothering to search...I know searches can be very difficult at times to find the right thread. But boy will it be annoying if we have easy to follow links.
Current Student
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 21 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 23 Oct 2007, 14:04
About the wiki, I am a big fan of em (Specially twiki). Every wiki / collaborative contribution system has one big hurdle at start - How to start it all. As soon as you (and/or others) find ways to evolve this forum (Or information in this forum) to wikis, everything will start working on its own.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Schools: UC Berkeley Haas School of Business MBA 2010
WE 1: Social Gaming
Followers: 65

Kudos [?]: 333 [0], given: 14

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 23 Oct 2007, 14:26
I doubt any of us have time to work on the wiki until R2 deadlines are over, but for now, I'm with Praet on consolidating threads based on the way river proposed.

Then we can just refer any new person to look at those threads first instead of telling them to do the dreaded "search" (which I personally found quite useful).

in 2008 I need to learn how to do the wiki and maybe we can split the job up between us regulars to populate each section (interviews, essays, etc...)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 36 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 23 Oct 2007, 19:01
mNeo wrote:
About the wiki, I am a big fan of em (Specially twiki). Every wiki / collaborative contribution system has one big hurdle at start - How to start it all. As soon as you (and/or others) find ways to evolve this forum (Or information in this forum) to wikis, everything will start working on its own.

With the applications table I see another hurdle - it takes time to understand how to edit wiki, orient in the table and lots of care not to smash the whole work.
VP
VP
Followers: 10

Kudos [?]: 183 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 23 Oct 2007, 20:14
kryzak wrote:
I doubt any of us have time to work on the wiki until R2 deadlines are over, but for now, I'm with Praet on consolidating threads based on the way river proposed.

Then we can just refer any new person to look at those threads first instead of telling them to do the dreaded "search" (which I personally found quite useful).

in 2008 I need to learn how to do the wiki and maybe we can split the job up between us regulars to populate each section (interviews, essays, etc...)

Expect to have lots of time after your 1st admit. It goes like this:

- Admitted to school X in January (or March depending on the round).
- Don't really care about job any longer but still working till May-ish to get some extra money and avoid any serious resume gaps.
- Work on GMATClub's wiki from admission until I quit.
- Then travel, have fun, relax and other pre-school stuff.

L.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Schools: UC Berkeley Haas School of Business MBA 2010
WE 1: Social Gaming
Followers: 65

Kudos [?]: 333 [0], given: 14

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 23 Oct 2007, 22:04
lepium wrote:
Expect to have lots of time after your 1st admit. It goes like this:

- Admitted to school X in January (or March depending on the round).
- Don't really care about job any longer but still working till May-ish to get some extra money and avoid any serious resume gaps.
- Work on GMATClub's wiki from admission until I quit.
- Then travel, have fun, relax and other pre-school stuff.

L.

Amen to that Lepium! I sure hope I get that first admit!

As for wikis, I'm only going to work on parts where it's TEXT only... I haven't figured the table thing out yet.
  [#permalink] 23 Oct 2007, 22:04