Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 16 Sep 2014, 05:50

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

CR solving methods

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 45 [1] , given: 0

GMAT Tests User
CR solving methods [#permalink] New post 07 Oct 2010, 21:39
This post received
KUDOS
hi All

i am posting here just to explain some of the methods ,which help me , to solve all kind of critical reasoning questions..

for CR one has to think critically :o ...this is what i thought while i started GMAT stuff.
but really with the time and with the experience i came to know that this is not the game of critical thinking at all...though somewhat ..but not fully!!!
So i figured out a very good method..tested one..as i am the source :)

while i started CR i took 50 questions and i ended up with the score 26/50 but after 2 months..i again took another bunch of 50 questions..all are 700+ stuff..
and guess ..!!!!
score was 49/50..one i missed because of hurryness while selecting ans. :P

any ways...i will suggest the following steps ..at least you try ..and then please provide me the feedback.
1) SCOPE Elimination.. : As i solve again and again gmat questions i came to know that in general there are 2-3/5 options such that it is totally irrelevent..out of scope.
so try to eliminate those 2-3 options state away..
2) POE(I called it a short form of Process of Elimination): eliminate those involving extreme answers choices ..at least more than 97% questions this is the wrong questions so its better to make it wrong choice.

3) after these 2 steps you must ended up at least 2 and at max 3 choices ..no here is the trick..
to select right one here...
in these 2-3 1 must be looking different from other 2 in case u left wid 3..n mind it..this is the right one..
just try it

"IN THE END I WILL SAY...TO CRACK CR BEST WAY IS ELIMINATION"
please try this method at least onceas it involves 3 months of hard work :)
and please provide feedback...in case u like it press kudos.. also :)

thanks
harsh
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Manager
Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 29

GMAT Tests User
Re: CR solving methods [#permalink] New post 21 Dec 2010, 11:34
harshsingla wrote:
hi All

i am posting here just to explain some of the methods ,which help me , to solve all kind of critical reasoning questions..

for CR one has to think critically :o ...this is what i thought while i started GMAT stuff.
but really with the time and with the experience i came to know that this is not the game of critical thinking at all...though somewhat ..but not fully!!!

while i started CR i took 50 questions and i ended up with the score 26/50 but after 2 months..i again took another bunch of 50 questions..all are 700+ stuff..
and guess ..!!!!

any ways...i will suggest the following steps ..at least you try ..and then please provide me the feedback.
1) SCOPE Elimination.. : As i solve again and again gmat questions i came to know that in general there are 2-3/5 options such that it is totally irrelevent..out of scope.
2) POE(I called it a short form of Process of Elimination): eliminate those involving extreme answers choices ..at least more than 97% questions this is the wrong questions so its better to make it wrong choice.

3) after these 2 steps you must ended up at least 2 and at max 3 choices ..no here is the trick..
in these 2-3 1 must be looking different from other 2 in case u left wid 3..n mind it..this is the right one..
just try it

thanks
harsh

Thanks a lot for this information.. Its very helpful... +1 Kudos...
Manager
Manager
Status: If u've ego, u've reached ur limit; if ur humble u've no limit.
Affiliations: IIT
Concentration: General Management, Marketing
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V37
GPA: 3.1
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 30

GMAT Tests User
Re: CR solving methods [#permalink] New post 29 Mar 2012, 17:54
harshsingla wrote:
hi All

and guess ..!!!!

just try it

thanks
harsh

Your ultimate realization will be that whole verbal is about elimination :) - SC is about elimination(choose the best answer); CR is about elimination and RC has well same questions as CR has except the context is different so again elimination helps a lot.

--Syed
" Some are desperate for success, and therefore destined for it."

Re: CR solving methods   [#permalink] 29 Mar 2012, 17:54