Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 25 Oct 2014, 13:11

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Deleting a recommender

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Deleting a recommender [#permalink] New post 13 Sep 2012, 15:41
Quick question if anyone could help?

I have submitted the details of one of my recommenders but stupidly did not waive the right to view the recommendation. They have yet to submit their form, so I still have the option to delete them and then re-add.

What happens if I do this? Does it show up on my application that I deleted a recommender and therefore looks bad?

Thanks!
Current Student
Concentration: Finance
Schools: Jones '15 (M)
WE: Other (Other)

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 1

Re: Deleting a recommender [#permalink] New post 05 Dec 2012, 20:50
One of my recommenders didn't give me great makes on the evaluation form so I reached out to a third recommender last minute to off that with a stellar recommendation. I decided to delete him from my other two applications since those haven't gone in yet. Does anyone know if he will be notified of being deleted or will he just not be able to access the site anymore?
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: Q V

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 7

Re: Deleting a recommender [#permalink] New post 03 Sep 2013, 14:01
Does anyone have a response to these? I'm thinking of deleting a recommender and I too would like to know if this shows up on the online application that I deleted him and replaced him with someone else.
Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
MBA Admissions Consulting
Followers: 14

Kudos [?]: 130 [1] , given: 1

Re: Deleting a recommender [#permalink] New post 04 Sep 2013, 14:28
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
Hi there all,

The system will record it but, in most cases, it doesn't get printed in the proof that admissions directors pull. It varies by system but most use the same platform. Effectively, the way the system works they don't care what you did before you hit submit. However, once it is in it's set. So if a recommender has already submitted something, you can't get rid of that.

As for the question about removal and access, while I can't give you a concrete answer on that, what I will say is this: tell him you're removing him. Be upfront and honest about this. He was willing to support you and put a lot of time and effort into this process on your behalf. You are obligated to be professional and fair about it. It isn't the end of the world you want to remove him but you should do so in a mature and considerate way.

Cheers!

Bhavik

Bhavik
Managing Partner

Critical Square | MBA Admissions Services

Web | Blog | Free Resources | Facebook | Twitter

Was this post helpful to you? Give a Kudos and let me know!

Intern
Intern

Re: Deleting a recommender [#permalink] New post 04 Sep 2013, 17:46
CriticalSquareMBA wrote:
Hi there all,

The system will record it but, in most cases, it doesn't get printed in the proof that admissions directors pull. It varies by system but most use the same platform. Effectively, the way the system works they don't care what you did before you hit submit. However, once it is in it's set. So if a recommender has already submitted something, you can't get rid of that.

As for the question about removal and access, while I can't give you a concrete answer on that, what I will say is this: tell him you're removing him. Be upfront and honest about this. He was willing to support you and put a lot of time and effort into this process on your behalf. You are obligated to be professional and fair about it. It isn't the end of the world you want to remove him but you should do so in a mature and considerate way.

Cheers!

Bhavik

Thank you, criticalsquaremba. The thing is, my recommendations are being sent in by mail, but the option to add/delete/change a recommender is done online. Since my app was submitted online, however, I just wanted to know if some record of who I put as a recommender at the time of the submitted app would be shown. I mean, since the application is being processed and the only thing holding the review up is the recommendations, is the Admission Committee waiting for who I originally put down as recommenders or can I change it?

Thanks, again.
Expert Post

Kudos [?]: 130 [0], given: 1

Re: Deleting a recommender [#permalink] New post 05 Sep 2013, 05:11
Expert's post
Hi there,

Ah, I see your concern. No, that shouldn't cause any issues. Recommenders get swapped all the time. Personal emergencies, professional work load, etc. It isn't an uncommon occurrence. Your recommender, in their document, will identify which student it is for. The adcom department will merely open it, cross reference it with what is in the system (so yes, change it there), and file it. If you're still concerned, after you change it, you can always call to let them know. Chances are they'll thank you for letting them know and not do anything on the backend because nothing needs to be done.

So they're not waiting for a letter from Mr. X and if one from Mrs. Y shows up it throws them all into a tailspin :)

Bhavik

Bhavik
Managing Partner

Intern
Intern

Re: Deleting a recommender [#permalink] New post 05 Sep 2013, 12:59
CriticalSquareMBA wrote:
Hi there,

Ah, I see your concern. No, that shouldn't cause any issues. Recommenders get swapped all the time. Personal emergencies, professional work load, etc. It isn't an uncommon occurrence. Your recommender, in their document, will identify which student it is for. The adcom department will merely open it, cross reference it with what is in the system (so yes, change it there), and file it. If you're still concerned, after you change it, you can always call to let them know. Chances are they'll thank you for letting them know and not do anything on the backend because nothing needs to be done.

So they're not waiting for a letter from Mr. X and if one from Mrs. Y shows up it throws them all into a tailspin :)

Bhavik

Thank you, Bhavik!!!
Expert Post

Kudos [?]: 130 [0], given: 1

Re: Deleting a recommender [#permalink] New post 05 Sep 2013, 13:06
Expert's post
My pleasure mate!

Bhavik
Managing Partner

Re: Deleting a recommender   [#permalink] 05 Sep 2013, 13:06