Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 01 Oct 2014, 20:52

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

does it sound like a nice strategy?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

does it sound like a nice strategy? [#permalink] New post 30 Jun 2012, 11:25
hello,

my profile:
-graduated from Carleton University, Canada with a Bachelor of Commerce (4 year program, honour, average GPA of B-, around 70%)
-Returned to Hong Kong and worked in UBS (back office, wealth management) for 20 months. Recently quit to change working environment and study GMAT.
-Taken GMAT 3 times with the last result being 690 (Q49, V34).

Could you please comment on my application strategy? Is it a good strategy? What is my chance of getting accepted by these school?
long shoot: Michigan
core: USC, CMU, UCLA, Penn state
higher chance: Wisconsin, Boston College, Boston U
2 safety: Pitsburg, Northeastern

Any advice is welcomed! Thank you!
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Detail: MBA admissions help
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
Schools: Northwestern (Kellogg) - Class of 2000
GMAT 1: Q V
GPA: 3.9
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 16 [1] , given: 0

Re: does it sound like a nice strategy? [#permalink] New post 02 Jul 2012, 04:46
This post received
KUDOS
is your strategy to apply to ALL of these schools? if so, i think it will be a LOT of work for you. it's doable, but not without a great deal of pain and sacrifice :) my advice is to keep your bands of schools, but select only 4 or 5 of them in total.

also, i don't look at UCLA and Michigan as separate bands. I'd say they are both equivalent in terms of exclusivity and difficulty being admitted.

i cannot comment on your chances without more info, such as your UGPA and the reasons you want to attend (career goals). as for your gmat, i wrote this article that might be helpful to you: http://www.thefirstread.com/should-i-retake-the-gmat/

hope that's helpful,
-james young

http://www.TheFirstRead.com
Former Kellogg adcom member, offering a new approach to MBA Admissions Consulting.

Re: does it sound like a nice strategy?   [#permalink] 02 Jul 2012, 04:46