Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Oct 2014, 20:07

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Doomed

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Doomed [#permalink] New post 10 Apr 2007, 11:03
Just came back from the test, I got a mere 510(Q42, V19) as compared to my 2 years back score, 540(Q42,V23).

I thought I was doing good. But anyway, the summary is bad. I am going ahead with my 540 and applying NYU Langone.

Thanks
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 17 Apr 2007, 00:06
You should not feel bad. Remember, you almost faired better then half of the GMAT population - that is, your score is almost in the 50th percentile. If you think about it, you performed better than every other person. It's not that bad. I am sure that with a solid application package you can pull it off. Alternatively, you can right the exam again (many people write it three times, even four). If you submit your application, I almost certain the school will not mind waiting a little bit extra for a new score.

Good luck in your MBA admission process.
Director
Director
Followers: 11

Kudos [?]: 154 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 17 Apr 2007, 06:36
I totally agree with alfyG

I also doubt it that you can get into NYU with a 540 unless you have superior GPA, work experience, rec. letters, and come from a minority group.

Obviously your MATH is pretty decent and I'm sure you can get it to the 45 - 47 range, easily. your verbal is very low [19]. This is GOOD news to you because that means there is a huge place for improvements in a short period of time. If you spend a full month with specific studying schedule, I'm confident you can get your score into the 620 - 680 range. Who knows, you may even break the 700 barrier !

By the way, you only took the GMAT twice in two years .. huh .. and you already gave up ? read some of the sticky's in the forum .
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

thanks [#permalink] New post 19 Apr 2007, 17:12
Thanks Folks. I am going to wait for NYU decision and if the decision is not positive then I will attempt again in Sep 2007.

Thanks
RC
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 20 Apr 2007, 17:47
way to keep the positive tude RC. go get em.
  [#permalink] 20 Apr 2007, 17:47