Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 25 Oct 2014, 19:04

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

double major option?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

double major option? [#permalink] New post 24 May 2008, 04:04
Now I am a freshman in a US university(intl student from China.)
My major is math with a 4.0/4.0 GPA.Although my university is not a ivy-level one,the math department is good(top 15 in USNEWS)

I am going to have double majors(Becasue I have learned many college courses before coming to the US,according to the recent progress I can even finish my math degree before junior.So the study time is very enough).Which major should I choose?My desirable career path is to get a finance phd.

In high school,I was an Information Olympiad competitor.So I am very familiar with computer science.I can do C++ and matlab programming and algorithms analysis proficiently.Therefore it seems that computer science best fits me.But when I search the profiles of phd candidates in some top level fianance programs,many of them have solid backgrounds in economics.I have studied Samuelson's <<principles of microeconomics>> by myself and I have a well interest in econ.However,my experience in econ is still much less than that in cs.
Moreover,the econ department of my university is very awesome(top 15 in USNEWS) while the computer science department is only fair(out of top 30).

I need suggestions.Thanks!
double major option?   [#permalink] 24 May 2008, 04:04