Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 15 Sep 2014, 01:29

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

ESADE Business School

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 13 Oct 2009
Posts: 90
Schools: LBS
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 11 [1] , given: 9

ESADE Business School [#permalink] New post 28 Oct 2009, 14:46
1
This post received
KUDOS
1
This post was
BOOKMARKED
Hello all! First post here, but been a reader for a while. I've found this place to be a great source of info on top European programmes. But there has been very little activity on one which I found in my research very attractive: ESADE. So I'm trying to get your views on this school, and see if anyone else is/has considered applying.

Here's the main info I've gathered on ESADE:
Rankings: It ranks consistently in top-10 in Europe, #7 by the FT to be precise, and #4 by Business Week. It's also been rising in the rankings consistently. bsd-lover's school clustering (sorry I can't link it in as it's my first post) puts it in Near Elite - I wouldn't argue with that, although IMO it's a bit of a strech for Cranfield and Warwick to be considered here.

Advantages(?) over other programmes: So as all top-ranked schools, it will have good academics, diverse and impressive student body, good alumni network, etc. But I thought a few points made it stand out:
- Flexibility: you can do the programme in 12, 15, or 18 months. This is a great plus for me as I'm not sure how long I'll want to be studying or whether I'll want to do an exchange/internship or not - not many schools seem to offer this other than LBS (15/18/21)
- Atmosphere: I can't verify this, but the word seems to be that they have a great collaborative atmosphere among students (although I'm pretty sure it's like that in other top European MBAs), and also that staff and professors are very close and personal with students. They also have smaller class sizes for a more 'personal approach'
- Location: Barcelona seems to me like a pretty awesome place to live in, especially if you go with a partner/family (as opposed to say Fontainebleau/Lausanne/Oxford/Cambridge where I think it might be tricky for them to settle in)

What do you guys think? Has anyone considered applying? Or am I missing a point which makess ESADE less attractive to you compared with Oxbridge/IE/IESE/IMD?

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts. I've applied in Round 1, along with LBS.
Director
Director
avatar
Joined: 11 Jun 2007
Posts: 932
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 48 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: ESADE Business School [#permalink] New post 31 Oct 2009, 02:20
Hey vgeri! I am also thinking about applying to ESADE for R2 (Dec 11th). I've done some research too and would like to know a bit more before I actually start requesting those transcripts and formulating my essays. Background, I'm from LA and already applied to UCLA FEMBA and planning on USC. After traveling a bit earlier in the year, I really would love to go to school overseas! (Barcelona is #1 choice for me, followed by cities in UK and France) But I don't want that to be my only reason. Worried about the kind of job opportunities us Americans will have. I heard that other than banking/consulting (which I do want to get into), there isn't much jobs with "return on investment". Of course this was a few years back and things can be different now. Anyone else have any insight?
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 13 Oct 2009
Posts: 90
Schools: LBS
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 9

Re: ESADE Business School [#permalink] New post 02 Nov 2009, 13:10
beckee529 wrote:
Hey vgeri! I am also thinking about applying to ESADE for R2 (Dec 11th). I've done some research too and would like to know a bit more before I actually start requesting those transcripts and formulating my essays. Background, I'm from LA and already applied to UCLA FEMBA and planning on USC. After traveling a bit earlier in the year, I really would love to go to school overseas! (Barcelona is #1 choice for me, followed by cities in UK and France) But I don't want that to be my only reason. Worried about the kind of job opportunities us Americans will have. I heard that other than banking/consulting (which I do want to get into), there isn't much jobs with "return on investment". Of course this was a few years back and things can be different now. Anyone else have any insight?


Hi beckee, nice to see some other ppl interested in the school! Yes placement is a slight worry for me as well, as the ESADE website only seems to have aggregate placement statistics. According to Businessweek website though, of the 2008 class 84% had a job offer by graduation, and another 13% within 3 months - which is pretty good. Where do you want to work after your MBA - Europe or back to the US? Re 'return on investment' - I really think this depends on where you will want to work post-MBA. In the UK, for example, you might be earning twice as much as in Spain, especially within finance. 41% of graduates start working in Spain, so that decreases the post-MBA average salary of ESADE compared with UK schools. But all the top consulting and finance firms recruit on campus at ESADE, so if you get an offer with any of those, you should be fine getting a 'quick' return on your investment!

Whats your WorkEx profile? have you done your Gmat yet?

In the meantime I got an interview invite, so I'm getting quite excited! Will keep you posted how I get on.
CEO
CEO
User avatar
Joined: 17 May 2007
Posts: 2995
Followers: 55

Kudos [?]: 434 [0], given: 210

GMAT Tests User
Re: ESADE Business School [#permalink] New post 02 Nov 2009, 15:07
vgeri I'll add you to the LBS roll call thread.
Director
Director
avatar
Joined: 11 Jun 2007
Posts: 932
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 48 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: ESADE Business School [#permalink] New post 02 Nov 2009, 18:55
Hello vgeri, thanks for your response! I love to travel but at the moment I feel undecided the location where I want to be after getting my MBA. I am also interested in Oxford (Said) or Cambridge (Judge) for European programs. I do know what career I want to pursue: management consulting. I wouldn't mind staying in Spain for a bit but I hear that unless your Spanish is pretty fluent it is difficult to obtain a position. My real desire to attend ESADE is being in another country for the short term and learning the language/culture. Not sure if that will be good enough reason to get my MBA when I have to think about my job prospects after.

Here's details of my profile: http://gmatclub.com/forum/advice-on-choosing-where-to-apply-based-on-my-profile-86089.html
I will have about 7.5 years at matriculation (almost 4 as a manager). Let me know your thoughts! By the way, where are you located and what is your current industry/ job function? Good luck with your apps! I should be done by mid December : )

vgeri wrote:
beckee529 wrote:
Hey vgeri! I am also thinking about applying to ESADE for R2 (Dec 11th). I've done some research too and would like to know a bit more before I actually start requesting those transcripts and formulating my essays. Background, I'm from LA and already applied to UCLA FEMBA and planning on USC. After traveling a bit earlier in the year, I really would love to go to school overseas! (Barcelona is #1 choice for me, followed by cities in UK and France) But I don't want that to be my only reason. Worried about the kind of job opportunities us Americans will have. I heard that other than banking/consulting (which I do want to get into), there isn't much jobs with "return on investment". Of course this was a few years back and things can be different now. Anyone else have any insight?


Hi beckee, nice to see some other ppl interested in the school! Yes placement is a slight worry for me as well, as the ESADE website only seems to have aggregate placement statistics. According to Businessweek website though, of the 2008 class 84% had a job offer by graduation, and another 13% within 3 months - which is pretty good. Where do you want to work after your MBA - Europe or back to the US? Re 'return on investment' - I really think this depends on where you will want to work post-MBA. In the UK, for example, you might be earning twice as much as in Spain, especially within finance. 41% of graduates start working in Spain, so that decreases the post-MBA average salary of ESADE compared with UK schools. But all the top consulting and finance firms recruit on campus at ESADE, so if you get an offer with any of those, you should be fine getting a 'quick' return on your investment!

Whats your WorkEx profile? have you done your Gmat yet?

In the meantime I got an interview invite, so I'm getting quite excited! Will keep you posted how I get on.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 13 Oct 2009
Posts: 90
Schools: LBS
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 9

Re: ESADE Business School [#permalink] New post 03 Nov 2009, 07:13
beckee, I checked out your profile on the other thread. I think you have a realistic chance with ESADE. Your WEx is clearly very strong, with good leadership and international experience. Gmat is on the lower end, but still within range for ESADE (80% range is 600-750). I think Judge may be tricky as I believe they are quite keen on a high score.
ESADE seem to be keen on North American applicants - if you ace your essays you should have strong overall package!

My prof: I have 5yrs WE, past 3 in management consulting, based in London. Lots of international experience and leadership roles. Post-MBA goal is to go into industry in business development (and later) general managerial function.
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
User avatar
Joined: 09 Mar 2007
Posts: 36
Location: Thailand
Schools: ESADE, IESE, HEC
WE 1: ESADE
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 7 [1] , given: 2

Re: ESADE Business School [#permalink] New post 04 Nov 2009, 08:48
1
This post received
KUDOS
Hello Everyone,

it great to see a post on ESADE Business School. I have applied to the school in the first round and i had an interview on Monday 01. november on the Phone for about 40-50 mins long. It was a good interview i think, but still nervous on what is going to happen. :oops:

Vgeri when is your interview? good luck for it though and i believe it would be the better interview experiences you will have as they really make you feel at ease. :-D

I think ESADE is a great school and its very personalized compared to some other programs out there or atleast i have so experienced till now. They have a very flexible program which meets the needs for both young professionals and professionals with more than the average work experience.

There is not much u can say about barcelona! I think nothing can beat that in terms of location for and MBA. Have read great things about ESADE and barcelona on ex-students blogs.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 13 Oct 2009
Posts: 90
Schools: LBS
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 9

Re: ESADE Business School [#permalink] New post 04 Nov 2009, 09:28
hey bajargyan! welcome to the roll call - that makes two of us in R1 for now! :)

so how did your interview go? what kind of questions did they ask you? did they tell you how long it'll take before they make a decision? good luck with the whole process mate!!

my interview is tomorrow! :shock: i'm so busy at work I had barely any time to prepare. it's nice to hear you had a pleasant experience. mine will be a face-to-face.

couldn't agree with you more re the experience with the school so far - seems very friendly, personal, but professional!


bajargyan wrote:
Hello Everyone,

it great to see a post on ESADE Business School. I have applied to the school in the first round and i had an interview on Monday 01. november on the Phone for about 40-50 mins long. It was a good interview i think, but still nervous on what is going to happen. :oops:

Vgeri when is your interview? good luck for it though and i believe it would be the better interview experiences you will have as they really make you feel at ease. :-D

I think ESADE is a great school and its very personalized compared to some other programs out there or atleast i have so experienced till now. They have a very flexible program which meets the needs for both young professionals and professionals with more than the average work experience.

There is not much u can say about barcelona! I think nothing can beat that in terms of location for and MBA. Have read great things about ESADE and barcelona on ex-students blogs.
Director
Director
avatar
Joined: 11 Jun 2007
Posts: 932
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 48 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: ESADE Business School [#permalink] New post 04 Nov 2009, 09:41
good luck with your interview! let us know how it went :-D

vgeri wrote:
hey bajargyan! welcome to the roll call - that makes two of us in R1 for now! :)

so how did your interview go? what kind of questions did they ask you? did they tell you how long it'll take before they make a decision? good luck with the whole process mate!!

my interview is tomorrow! :shock: i'm so busy at work I had barely any time to prepare. it's nice to hear you had a pleasant experience. mine will be a face-to-face.

couldn't agree with you more re the experience with the school so far - seems very friendly, personal, but professional!


bajargyan wrote:
Hello Everyone,

it great to see a post on ESADE Business School. I have applied to the school in the first round and i had an interview on Monday 01. november on the Phone for about 40-50 mins long. It was a good interview i think, but still nervous on what is going to happen. :oops:

Vgeri when is your interview? good luck for it though and i believe it would be the better interview experiences you will have as they really make you feel at ease. :-D

I think ESADE is a great school and its very personalized compared to some other programs out there or atleast i have so experienced till now. They have a very flexible program which meets the needs for both young professionals and professionals with more than the average work experience.

There is not much u can say about barcelona! I think nothing can beat that in terms of location for and MBA. Have read great things about ESADE and barcelona on ex-students blogs.
3 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
User avatar
Joined: 09 Mar 2007
Posts: 36
Location: Thailand
Schools: ESADE, IESE, HEC
WE 1: ESADE
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 7 [3] , given: 2

Re: ESADE Business School [#permalink] New post 04 Nov 2009, 18:14
3
This post received
KUDOS
Hello Vergi

The Questions she asked were as follows:
1. Why european schools (i am applying to only european schools hence the question)
2. Why MBA and Why esade.
3. A situational question " in esade teamwork is of imporance and your grades are dependent on the team's perfromance, having said that how would you deal with a situation where some of the team members are not pulling their weight"
4. Where would you want to work post MBA
5. How did you land your job? how do you get customer leads.
6. how would i contribute to ESADE MBA class?

other questions were with my background and stuff. there was no mention of my gmat which is in the mid 600 and the interviewer wanted to know more about me as a person. I got positive feedback on the questions i had asked the admission director and also on the overall i was told i am very focused.

but the final decision will be made by the admission committee and it can go either way.

Good luck with your application and hopefully you would do great! :wink:
Director
Director
avatar
Joined: 11 Jun 2007
Posts: 932
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 48 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: ESADE Business School [#permalink] New post 05 Nov 2009, 11:16
Thanks for your input bajargyan!

beckee529 wrote:
good luck with your interview! let us know how it went :-D

vgeri wrote:
hey bajargyan! welcome to the roll call - that makes two of us in R1 for now! :)

so how did your interview go? what kind of questions did they ask you? did they tell you how long it'll take before they make a decision? good luck with the whole process mate!!

my interview is tomorrow! :shock: i'm so busy at work I had barely any time to prepare. it's nice to hear you had a pleasant experience. mine will be a face-to-face.

couldn't agree with you more re the experience with the school so far - seems very friendly, personal, but professional!


bajargyan wrote:
Hello Everyone,

it great to see a post on ESADE Business School. I have applied to the school in the first round and i had an interview on Monday 01. november on the Phone for about 40-50 mins long. It was a good interview i think, but still nervous on what is going to happen. :oops:

Vgeri when is your interview? good luck for it though and i believe it would be the better interview experiences you will have as they really make you feel at ease. :-D

I think ESADE is a great school and its very personalized compared to some other programs out there or atleast i have so experienced till now. They have a very flexible program which meets the needs for both young professionals and professionals with more than the average work experience.

There is not much u can say about barcelona! I think nothing can beat that in terms of location for and MBA. Have read great things about ESADE and barcelona on ex-students blogs.
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 13 Oct 2009
Posts: 90
Schools: LBS
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 11 [1] , given: 9

Re: ESADE Business School [#permalink] New post 05 Nov 2009, 14:29
1
This post received
KUDOS
hey guys, quick debrief of my interview today

bajargyan - first of all, thank you for your post! i havent had time to reply, but i did see your comments before my interview, and they were very helpful!

I had a pleasant interview as well, my interviewer was very nice and made sure I was at ease. i had the usual questions as well:
- take me through your CV (spent around 5-10min here)
- what do I want to after MBA and why
- why ESADE
- what will I contribute to the programme
- some situational questions - like tell me about a time when you didn't achieve what you wanted. even though this is a really standard question, I drew a blank here and my eventual response wasn't the best. i feel a bit disappointed about that
- finally I could ask some questions, and in the end she explained next steps in the process

overall very nice experience, and I will have a decision in about two weeks. she also made sure to tell me that she wasn't making the decision, but 'represent me in front of the adcom'. now i'm just hoping for the best!
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
avatar
Affiliations: PhD
Joined: 30 Jul 2009
Posts: 19
Location: London
Schools: LBS, ESADE
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [1] , given: 1

Re: ESADE Business School [#permalink] New post 07 Nov 2009, 05:40
1
This post received
KUDOS
hi guys,

I received an offer from ESADE yesterday... I interviewed with them at their open-day on the 30st of October, the whole day was a great experience and I am very impressed. I had about the same interview questions, even though I also had to do a short case study. This was basically a text with a couple of questions like summarize it, would you invest in this business, how would you market and sell it, what is the target market... so quite easy stuff...

about my profile: I studied biology in switzerland, did my phd in roche (pharma) and am now working at kings college in research... I got 3 years work experience (as a scientist), but have got very clear plans why I want to do an MBA and so on. GMAT I scored 710 and my academics are quite strong; I speak german, english, french and some italian.

I also applied to LBS and got an invitation for an interview... however, I am running into a problem here: ESADE wants my decision (and 8000 euros deposit) until november 27th, whereas LBS will only communicate their decision on december 16th... so what can I do? ask ESADE about an extension (which they obviously not gonna like as they want to be 1st choice)? the thing is that I really like ESADE and its feel: the people are great, the admin officers amazing and I was impressed by the level of personal interaction between professors, students and career service... students seem to see each other not as competitors which is great. however, I haven't made my mind up what I would do if I would get an offer from LBS as well since it is one of the top schools worldwide... but keeping both options open would only be reasonable I think, but I don't know how to handle this timing/deadline issue... has anyone got a suggestion or has had similar experiences?

any thoughts welcome

thanks
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 13 Oct 2009
Posts: 90
Schools: LBS
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 9

Re: ESADE Business School [#permalink] New post 07 Nov 2009, 08:03
andygee wrote:
hi guys,

I received an offer from ESADE yesterday... I interviewed with them at their open-day on the 30st of October, the whole day was a great experience and I am very impressed. I had about the same interview questions, even though I also had to do a short case study. This was basically a text with a couple of questions like summarize it, would you invest in this business, how would you market and sell it, what is the target market... so quite easy stuff...

about my profile: I studied biology in switzerland, did my phd in roche (pharma) and am now working at kings college in research... I got 3 years work experience (as a scientist), but have got very clear plans why I want to do an MBA and so on. GMAT I scored 710 and my academics are quite strong; I speak german, english, french and some italian.

I also applied to LBS and got an invitation for an interview... however, I am running into a problem here: ESADE wants my decision (and 8000 euros deposit) until november 27th, whereas LBS will only communicate their decision on december 16th... so what can I do? ask ESADE about an extension (which they obviously not gonna like as they want to be 1st choice)? the thing is that I really like ESADE and its feel: the people are great, the admin officers amazing and I was impressed by the level of personal interaction between professors, students and career service... students seem to see each other not as competitors which is great. however, I haven't made my mind up what I would do if I would get an offer from LBS as well since it is one of the top schools worldwide... but keeping both options open would only be reasonable I think, but I don't know how to handle this timing/deadline issue... has anyone got a suggestion or has had similar experiences?

any thoughts welcome

thanks


hey andygee, welcome to the thread!

first of all: congratulations for your admit - that's fantastic! :-D
it's really nice to hear you had a good feel for the school too at the open day.

second: that's a really tough call mate, and I definitely symphatise with you. I feel like I might be in your shoes pretty soon: I only applied with 2 schools, ESADE and LBS. I'd be really happy with either of those. I had an interview with ESADE this week, and got an invite from LBS. I don't want to get ahead of myself, as I'm far from being accepted anywhere yet, BUT - certainly crossed my mind what will I do if I get an offer and acceptance deadline is before LBS decision date....

I'd like to help you, but I am short of ideas myself. I guess you might have two options: either try to extend ESADE deadline, or try get an earlier decision from LBS after your interview. I don't know if that is possible at all, as they might want to make all decisions simultaneously. The advantage is that you could say 'you are my definite first choice, can you give me an early decision so I can turn down my second choice which already accepted me' rather than going to ESADE and say: 'well I'm happy with the offer but waiting for another one to come in, can you stick it out...?' But at the same time, ESADE obviously want you, and might be willing to extend for another 2 weeks?

I have a feeling this is a common problem for many, just with other schools involved - have you tried searching the forum for this topic? If not, I would post a new topic asking about decision deadlines specifically. There is so much great advice here, I'm sure you will learn somthing!

Other than that, it might be worth really thinking through what you want. Yes, LBS is a top school, but so is ESADE. You might be able to make a decision based on all your experiences in Barcelona? I see you're based in London - maybe go for a drop in, and see if you like the place as much as you did ESADE. You might be able to make up your mind without having to wait for their decision?

anyway, good luck with your decisions, and the LBS interview! it seems we might end up same place next year?
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
User avatar
Joined: 09 Mar 2007
Posts: 36
Location: Thailand
Schools: ESADE, IESE, HEC
WE 1: ESADE
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 7 [1] , given: 2

Re: ESADE Business School [#permalink] New post 07 Nov 2009, 08:07
1
This post received
KUDOS
hello andygee

Congrats!! on your offer...i am still waiting on the final result... quite nervous...as for me ESADE is the first choice... your profile is really impressive and i don't think there was anything that would have given you away to the adcom......anyhow..going on to your dilemma...here's what i think:

From the experience i have had so far i believe MBA programs are aware that students apply to various schools and its normal for student to wait for results from couple of other schools. Just as the admission officer's says you should not wait on just one school.. i think they would not mind if you would like to ask for an extension...If you really would like to wait for LBS..then you should just ask them for an extension...

Congrats once again...and good luck with your LBS application... :-D
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 13 Oct 2009
Posts: 90
Schools: LBS
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 9

Re: ESADE Business School [#permalink] New post 07 Nov 2009, 08:51
bajargyan wrote:
From the experience i have had so far i believe MBA programs are aware that students apply to various schools and its normal for student to wait for results from couple of other schools. Just as the admission officer's says you should not wait on just one school.. i think they would not mind if you would like to ask for an extension...If you really would like to wait for LBS..then you should just ask them for an extension...

Congrats once again...and good luck with your LBS application... :-D


i am certainly no expert in the field, but just wanted to say that I was at an ESADE info event last week, and the presenter specifically said they are not keen on extending the decision deadlines.

the best approach might be to give your admissions contact an informal call (I assume you have a good relationship with him/her after the whole process) and explain the situation. If you do it nicely, i dont think it can hurt, and worst case scenario is that she says 'sorry, i understand, but we have a policy of not extending'. But they will definitely not revoke you admit or anything like that!
Intern
Intern
avatar
Affiliations: PhD
Joined: 30 Jul 2009
Posts: 19
Location: London
Schools: LBS, ESADE
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 1

Re: ESADE Business School [#permalink] New post 07 Nov 2009, 11:17
hi guys,

thanks a lot for your help. I think the suggestion to try to make an decision based on your experiences with the respective schools is very good. I did go to an information evening at LBS and it confirmed two things: LBS is an amazing school, however it is very big and you won't be able to establish such a close relationship with the professors as it will be possible at ESADE. You also won't be able to get to know all the other students. It really depends on what you prefer.

however, I did some research on the deadline extension topic and there are a couple of threads. I can't post the link as it won't let me, but just look for deposit deadline extension.

there is a number of people who have got the same problem... most people suggest to pay the deposit and then withdraw. however, this is not an option at ESADE as the deposit is 8000 euros! other people suggest to ask the admin officers nicely for an extension. I think this is my best option, even though I will be a bit worried of spoiling my relationship with the admin team, but this is a risk that I will have to take I guess. you would think though that such a great school as ESADE will understand that you apply to more than one school. as you said, the lovely admin officer of ESADE pointed out that they are not keen on extending the deadlines (the event you mentioned was at the mba center, finsbury square... right? :) ) do you think I should give them a call or send an e-mail?

I will also e-mail LBS on monday and ask if the interview and decision communication process can be sped up. I believe it won't be possible as I think they like to stick to their announced deadlines, but it is worth a try...

I will keep you posted :)
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 13 Oct 2009
Posts: 90
Schools: LBS
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 9

Re: ESADE Business School [#permalink] New post 07 Nov 2009, 12:01
andygee wrote:
hi guys,

thanks a lot for your help. I think the suggestion to try to make an decision based on your experiences with the respective schools is very good. I did go to an information evening at LBS and it confirmed two things: LBS is an amazing school, however it is very big and you won't be able to establish such a close relationship with the professors as it will be possible at ESADE. You also won't be able to get to know all the other students. It really depends on what you prefer.

however, I did some research on the deadline extension topic and there are a couple of threads. I can't post the link as it won't let me, but just look for deposit deadline extension.

there is a number of people who have got the same problem... most people suggest to pay the deposit and then withdraw. however, this is not an option at ESADE as the deposit is 8000 euros! other people suggest to ask the admin officers nicely for an extension. I think this is my best option, even though I will be a bit worried of spoiling my relationship with the admin team, but this is a risk that I will have to take I guess. you would think though that such a great school as ESADE will understand that you apply to more than one school. as you said, the lovely admin officer of ESADE pointed out that they are not keen on extending the deadlines (the event you mentioned was at the mba center, finsbury square... right? :) ) do you think I should give them a call or send an e-mail?

I will also e-mail LBS on monday and ask if the interview and decision communication process can be sped up. I believe it won't be possible as I think they like to stick to their announced deadlines, but it is worth a try...

I will keep you posted :)


andygee - that was finsbury square indeed! :-D

I agree that best option is ask nicely for extension - personally, I would go for a phone call. Have a little chit-chat, explain how thrilled you are with the offer, and then explain how you want to make a decision once you have full info on your other application. you will get a much better feel for her reaction. just maybe prepare a few positive ways of closing the conversation depending on what she answers...

good luck and keep us posted!!
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 13 Oct 2009
Posts: 90
Schools: LBS
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 9

Re: ESADE Business School [#permalink] New post 10 Nov 2009, 08:20
guys, have you got any news?

andygee, have you tried asking for a deadline extension?

bajargyan - are you still waiting for your result?
Intern
Intern
User avatar
Joined: 09 Mar 2007
Posts: 36
Location: Thailand
Schools: ESADE, IESE, HEC
WE 1: ESADE
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 2

Re: ESADE Business School [#permalink] New post 10 Nov 2009, 08:33
hey vgeri

Yea i am still waiting for the result..haven't heard anything from them yet.. it will probably be coming any day now and its really getting to me.. how about you? is there any news ??
Re: ESADE Business School   [#permalink] 10 Nov 2009, 08:33
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
Master in Finance: ESADE Business School/IE Business School CarJCorF 2 28 Apr 2014, 08:22
14 ESADE Business School 2013 - Calling All MBA Applicants akkane 29 23 Oct 2012, 11:49
Meet the ESADE Business School Admissions Team on April 14th reese 1 02 Apr 2010, 22:59
ESADE Hjort 5 01 Feb 2005, 20:35
Display posts from previous: Sort by

ESADE Business School

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Go to page    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12    Next  [ 223 posts ] 



cron

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.