Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 31 Jul 2014, 20:27

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

ESADE,EDHEC OR EMLYON

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

ESADE,EDHEC OR EMLYON [#permalink] New post 26 Jun 2010, 06:59
Hi everyone,

This place seems like a family settings where everyone can discuss his/her interest. This is quite good. For me, I would like to have various opinion about choosing a offer from EDHEC business school(Master in Management program)-financial economics track(meaning I would get 2 certificates which are MSc in Management and MSc Finance at the end of the two year program, included is a 6months internship) OR European Master in Management(EMLYON in France, Aston in UK & Ludwig business school in Germany). This give me 3 certificates with MSc Management at EMLYON,MSc International Business at Aston and Organization strategy at Ludwig). For the 2nd year, I would specialize in Finance at EMLYON, included is a 12 months internship OR Esade Master in International Management which is a year and with just one certificate which is the MSc Master in Management.
Manager
Manager
Schools: Cambridge (R2-Matriculating), Nyenrode (Accepted), Oxford (R2-Interview invite)
WE 1: Army officer (Corps of Engineers)
WE 2: Air Quality Control Engineer
WE 3: Water Resources Engineer
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 19

Re: ESADE,EDHEC OR EMLYON [#permalink] New post 29 Jun 2010, 20:23
Hi segzyb,

I'm looking into MBA programs in France and the UK as well and asked some advice from a couple of friends, one from France and one from the UK.

My French friend indicated that EDHEC was a good school (a solid 4th place after HEC Parkis, ESSEC, and ESC Paris). She did not have many good things to say about any of the other schools in the outlying provinces.

My British friend wasn't sure, but didn't think that the Aston business school was particularly good.

A caveat - I asked them for the best schools, so EM Lyon and Aston might be fine, just not as good as EDHEC and Esade.

All this said, you should go where you think you would gain the best education based on your career goals post MBA, in a city that you think you will enjoy, and to a school at which you feel comfortable and happy when you visit. All this coming from somebody who is still struggling through the MBA program selection process :?
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: ESADE,EDHEC OR EMLYON [#permalink] New post 30 Jun 2010, 00:02
Hello BigRedEnvEng,

Thanks for the heads up. I would be going to EDHEC after all..HEC is a good school though. If you are given an admission,i'd suggest you take the offer..I wish you the best in your search
Cheers
Re: ESADE,EDHEC OR EMLYON   [#permalink] 30 Jun 2010, 00:02