Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Oct 2014, 18:40

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

MBA or job?....help me evaluate my profile....!

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

MBA or job?....help me evaluate my profile....! [#permalink] New post 23 Jul 2010, 23:03
hi, i am 22 years old, just completed my masters and would start looking for a job soon....
high school(2005) - commerce with maths 88%
graduation(2008) - BBS(Bachelors of business studies) three year DELHI UNIVERSITY - 61% (DIV 1)
post graduation(2010) - MSc Operations Research - 82% Delhi University(Top five rank holder) - Department of mathematical sciences
CFA Level Three Cleared this year....
No work experience...
Gmat - 770 (Q51, V42), 2009
Toefl - 112, 2009
i have good extra curriculars......trinity 5th grade merit in piano......tennis state level gold in singles and doubles(under 18)...
i have done two internships with social service organizations in ukraine and czech republic...while i was graduating...both 6 weeks long.....

What should i do....should i work for a few years or should apply for mba.....i want to finish MBA as soon as possible and not looking for a long term investment into jobs and stuff.....but i don want to hurry and land up in a mediocre institute....should i work or should i apply as early as possible....would working for two years change my situation dramatically....should i wait for two more years?.....
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
Stacy Blackman Representative
Followers: 27

Kudos [?]: 73 [0], given: 0

Re: MBA or job?....help me evaluate my profile....! [#permalink] New post 31 Jan 2011, 14:33
Expert's post
raunakjain,

Congratulations on your great GMAT score. MBA programs typically like to see at least 2 years of work experience. Your application would be strengthened after a few years of working.

I hope this was of help.

Best,

Conrad and the Stacy Blackman Team

Interested in a free 30 minute consultation with the Stacy Blackman Team? Sign up here: http://stacyblackman.com/contact

Stacy Blackman | Stacy Blackman Consulting Inc | http://www.StacyBlackman.com | +1 323.934.3936
MBA blogger, US News and Author, The MBA Application Roadmap

Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: MBA or job?....help me evaluate my profile....! [#permalink] New post 31 Jan 2011, 19:53
hey thank you for the reply...and its a lil obvious that any profile would be strengthened if it has work experience...but my concern is that i don want to wait for two more years for an mba...if i can get top 20 mba colleges with this profile then i would not care for the work ex....i do not want a career in working for others...i have a family business and want to join it as soon as possible...and the work experience i will show in my cv would be of family business....(3rd party logistics provider)...
what do you say...should i go for an application....would i hit top 20...thanks for the concern...
Expert Post
Stacy Blackman Representative
Followers: 27

Kudos [?]: 73 [0], given: 0

Re: MBA or job?....help me evaluate my profile....! [#permalink] New post 01 Feb 2011, 04:40
Expert's post
Hi raunakjain,

Thanks for your post. With regards to your application, if you are very set on attending business school now, then make sure to address your lack of work experience in your essays and letters of recommendation. Discuss why you believe an MBA program is the right decision now, and understand that your work experience will play a strong role in your candidacy.

I hope this was of help.

Best,

Conrad and the Stacy Blackman Team

Interested in a free 30 minute consultation with the Stacy Blackman Team? Sign up here: http://stacyblackman.com/contact

Stacy Blackman | Stacy Blackman Consulting Inc | http://www.StacyBlackman.com | +1 323.934.3936
MBA blogger, US News and Author, The MBA Application Roadmap

Re: MBA or job?....help me evaluate my profile....!   [#permalink] 01 Feb 2011, 04:40