Pls evaluate my profile below and I will appreciate you so much. I just need anything frank and clear for me to realize my reality and compromise it with my ideal goals...
1. Demographics: Asian Male (Korean)
2. Age: 31
3. Target schools (2013 Spring) : a. NYU PART TIME MBA (Really want to go.)
b. Fordham Univ. Part time MBA (Plan B. Not sure to go)
4. GMAT: Recently taken a full prep course in Nov and Dec last year in Veritas Prep
in NYC and I took two official exams - Got decent Math scores but awful Verbal scores - Still in 550 (Q:44 / V:22). Will take 2-3 times more til this coming June before IR section added. I know the more is the better but pls let me know how many scores I should get upto? Pls give me some tips...
5. Education: Got 2 bachelors degrees.
- Bachelor of Arts in English Lit. in a TOP#5 univ. in Korea : GPA 3.8 / 4.5
- Bachelor of Science in Fashion Merchandising Management in Fashion Institute of Technology, State Univ. of New York : GPA 3.6/4.0, Magna cum Laude, Numerous Dean's List
- Took American Language Program in Columbia Univ. as an exchange student while studying in Korea.
6. Work: Total 3 years full- time working exp. by the time applying (This fall). I am a non-immigrant worker with a visa.
- 1 1/2 years : Worked for #1 Luxury fashion retailer in Korea (Operated by Samsung) as Mens Assistant buyer / Associate Retail operation manager for an Italian Luxury RTW brand (EMPORIO ARMANI).
* Conducted numerous fashion shows (Auditioning male models and picking them up, Selecting styles for the show, Creating runway layouts and visual effects) and events to create improved sales revenues and succeeded.
* Led more than 70 sales reps and managers for them to focus on sales and customer relations.
* Steered more than $5M value merchandise daily basis.
* Managed numerous sales events to approach sales plan
- 1 1/2 Years : Came to NYC and working in a fashion agency which cooperates with Wal-Mart/K-Mart/Target/Weatherproof and several other US big retailers as a product development and production coordinator
* Managing production facility in China for products
* Steering more than $4M value products daily basis
* Offering Artwork / Designs and any other trend sensitive items to partner companies to create more sales.
- Personal Fitness Trainer (since 2005) - Trained numerous people to reach their goals. (Specialization: Building up muscles / diet)
- Interns in high fashion houses (ttl 3 years while studying in FIT):
a. Prada (Korea) : Merchandising intern
b. Giorgio Armani USA (NYC): Retail Operations Intern
c. Thom Browne(NYC): Disign and Production Intern
d. John Varvatos(NYC): Fabric Buying intern
- Modeling for private artists and photographers
- Did chief editor for an online fashion community in Korea (Web magazine)
- Korea Army - Conducted my service for 26 months as a liaison solider. (Specialization: Communication)
- Volunteer :
a. Currently helping "Queens Pride House - LGBTQ" - Assisting fund raising event.
b. Managing a project for "Sending used books and clothes for orphanges in Korea" (2007-2009)
c. Tutoring orphans (more than 60 hrs / 2005) - English and Math (Korea)
d. Tutoring low income kids (more than 80 hrs / 2001/ Korea)
8. Short-term goal
- Highly MBA degree required positions in big or luxury fashion houses (POLO or LOUIS VUITTON) : Merchandising manager for Asian market, Planning manager for Korean market, etc...
- Want to use my international background as much as possible.
9. Long-term goal
- At my age of 45, launch my own mens sportswear brand with my full knowledge of products/markets and designs and love of fitness and health.
- Make stores with total different concept (Cannot tell here since it's an idea..sorry but I will mention in my essay.)
- Need a strong MBA education that will help me out to own my business.
Thanks for reading above. Pls let me know your expert analysis...
1. It will be possible to get into NYU part-time with above prof.? Is it less valued than one of bright and smart IT or IB candidates? Admission people will take less value on my working career?
2. Am I too old?
3. Pls briefly let me know GMAT scores range that I can be accepted with for the school..GMAT is torturing me now..really....