Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 02 Oct 2014, 05:10

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Exec programs: Darden vs Oxford vs Cambridge

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Exec programs: Darden vs Oxford vs Cambridge [#permalink] New post 27 May 2013, 22:01
Hi All,

I got in to Darden, Oxford and Cambridge exce MBA programs and now I'm contemplating which program to choose.

Here are some of my thoughts....

1) It's very appealing to me that Darden uses the case study method approach, while Oxbrige (at least from my point of view) tend to be more academicly focused.
At the same time I keep in mind that being from Europe, there is an undeniable charm and a "wow" affect related to Oxbridge.
2) Darden is a global program vs Oxbridge has 2 international modules
3) I've got a scholarship from Darden. Oxford doesn't give scholarships. And I'm still waiting for Cambridge. Having said that, even with the Darden scholarship, Oxbridge and Cambridge will be cheaper. But what is the value of awarded scholarship in the resume?
4) I'm not sure how helpful career centers are in all the schools

My husband and I may move in a short term period and of course I'd like to have a more internationally recognized brand .Anyway, I would appretiate to hear your thoughts on it.

Thanks .
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GPA: 4
Followers: 11

Kudos [?]: 111 [0], given: 215

Re: Exec programs: Darden vs Oxford vs Cambridge [#permalink] New post 29 May 2013, 08:44
Where are you based? The Oxbridge brand is VERY valued in plenty of countries.
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Exec programs: Darden vs Oxford vs Cambridge [#permalink] New post 02 Jun 2013, 22:33
I'm currently based in Russia. You are right, Oxbridge brand is quite powerful no matter where you are. Though, I find the case method study more effective and applicable in business decisions.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GPA: 4
Followers: 11

Kudos [?]: 111 [0], given: 215

Re: Exec programs: Darden vs Oxford vs Cambridge [#permalink] New post 03 Jun 2013, 07:52
filunets wrote:
I find the case method study more effective and applicable in business decisions.

I guess it depends on the person. I personally find the optimal somewhere in between 100% cases and 100% lectures.
Re: Exec programs: Darden vs Oxford vs Cambridge   [#permalink] 03 Jun 2013, 07:52