I already got Hjort's input but would appreciate any additional feedback you might have based on the following profile. Many thanks in advance!
Hereâ€™s my basic profile:
- Good GMAT (760)
- Mediocre GPA (barely a 3.0 at a top-tier college)
- Heading into my 4th year at a consulting company
- No meaningful extracurriculars (though I think of myself as a socially well-rounded person)
- Born and raised in Sweden
- Dual citizen, but primarily think of myself as Swedish and want to move back after b-school
- Looking at schools with a general management focus and transatlantic brand appeal
- White male
My main concerns:
I think I generally fit the profile for the top schools but am not sure how much my GPA and extracurriculars (or lack thereof) will hurt me. How worried should I be?
Am I in a position to present myself as an international student? Or could it hurt me to try to differentiate myself this way?
My wish list consists of HBS, Kellogg, Tuck, Darden, and Insead. Does this look like a good starting point or am I missing some other good (perhaps more realistic) options? Duke, Wharton, Michigan, and Columbia sort of meet my criteria but based on alumni interaction, location, etc. Iâ€™m much less excited about them. Plus they would not help me balance out the risk of not getting into any school. Iâ€™ve got plenty of â€œreachâ€
Paul Bodine /
Author, Great Applications for Business School and Perfect Phrases for Business School Acceptance
Follow Paul Bodine on Twitter