Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Jul 2014, 17:59

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Financing for Parttime programs

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 3

Financing for Parttime programs [#permalink] New post 14 Jun 2010, 08:15
Hello partimers, what are your plans for financing the program ? Has anyone applied for student loans (FAFSA or private ?) How many are relying on employers contribution ?

My employer is sponsoring 20% of my tuition , I have to bear the rest. I am on the verge of becoming a permenant resident , so if at all I have to apply for federal loans I will have to do it next year once I become one.

Please share your plans and thoughts.
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Financing for Parttime programs [#permalink] New post 05 Sep 2010, 21:41
Hai,
This is my suggestion for you. If u has financial problem or time problem there are several sites for the full-time and part-time students for academic year. These estimates are used in determining financial aid packages for law students.
Current Student
Schools: Chicago Booth
WE 1: Analyst: Big Four U.S.
WE 2: Senior Consultant: Big Four Taipei
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 30 [0], given: 10

Re: Financing for Parttime programs [#permalink] New post 06 Sep 2010, 01:48
skpMatcha wrote:
Hello partimers, what are your plans for financing the program ? Has anyone applied for student loans (FAFSA or private ?) How many are relying on employers contribution ?

My employer is sponsoring 20% of my tuition , I have to bear the rest. I am on the verge of becoming a permenant resident , so if at all I have to apply for federal loans I will have to do it next year once I become one.

Please share your plans and thoughts.

Hey there!

I'm in a pretty similar boat. My employer will pay around 1/3 of my expenses, and I will personally be depending on some combination of federal and private loans to cover the balance. At the moment I'm inclined to go with all private loans, as the rates are highly preferable to the Federal grad plus loans @ 7.9%.

My undergraduate loans are through Citibank, and are currently sitting at an interest rate near 3.5% (originally borrowed in 2004). My husband is in a master's (not MBA) program currently, and his rate for this semester was closer to 4.0%. As long as I can get great rates like those and the stock market continues to have (what I believe to be) awesome purchase opportunities I'll be borrowing the cost of my degree. If the market has a huge run up and interest rates jump I'll start cash flowing part of it, but I don't really anticipate that happening in the next three years :-D

Where will you be applying?

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” ~Mark Twain

Re: Financing for Parttime programs   [#permalink] 06 Sep 2010, 01:48