Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Sep 2014, 16:24

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

First GMAT: 460!!!

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

First GMAT: 460!!! [#permalink] New post 30 Oct 2012, 20:10
Hi All,
This was a bit shocking for me because the majority of my practice tests were in the 560-590 range. The score breakdown was 20Q / 36V. I really think that I am capable of doing better than the score reflects. I am looking to take my test again in the next 45 days, any tips for scoring in the low to mid 600's. I am currently enrolled in Kaplan's online self directed course with access to several CAT's. I also have the latest edition of the OG. Thanks all and I appreciate the feedback.
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 120 [1] , given: 63

Re: First GMAT: 460!!! [#permalink] New post 31 Oct 2012, 06:04
This post received
KUDOS
your verbal score is really good. For Quant Manhattan is pretty good and for the OG I used the free video explanation from this site
http://www.gmatquantum.com/og13th/

The explanations are really good and have helped me a lot. Work with official questions. In the download section I think someone has compiled 198 gmat prep questions but these are 700 level so save them up for later.
Director
Director
Affiliations: Columbia, Wharton, LBS
Schools: Harvard, Stanford, LBS, Columbia, Wharton, HEC Paris
Followers: 19

Kudos [?]: 113 [0], given: 1

GMAT Tests User
Re: First GMAT: 460!!! [#permalink] New post 31 Oct 2012, 06:58
Scoring poorly on your first GMAT attempt is not an uncommon experience. Please do not dwell on how poorly you performed but focus on how can you do better and where the problem areas of the exam are. I recommend that you do another diagnostic exam and see those areas where you excel and those areas where you do not - and really focus on those areas where you do not excel at. In short, it is the problematic areas of the exam that are going to keep your score down.

Also, I recommend that you hire a tutor to assist you with the areas that are posing problems. Even if you sign up for a class, being with so many other people in the class will not give you the chance to dig down deep enough to really address the problem. If you are able to really identify what your problem areas are - and then properly tell your tutor what these are - and keep your tutor focused on these issues -- then it is a worthwhile investment to make and I am sure that your score will increase significantly.

Good luck and stay positive.

Kimberly Plaga
Senior Admissions Consultant
Manhattan Review

Manhattan Review GMAT Prep & MBA Admissions Consulting
Web: http://www.manhattanreview.com | Phone: +1.212.316.2000
Receive 20% off Admissions Consultings as GMATClub member!

Manager
Manager
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 30

Re: First GMAT: 460!!! [#permalink] New post 31 Oct 2012, 08:19
nelz007 wrote:
your verbal score is really good. For Quant Manhattan is pretty good and for the OG I used the free video explanation from this site
http://www.gmatquantum.com/og13th/

The explanations are really good and have helped me a lot. Work with official questions. In the download section I think someone has compiled 198 gmat prep questions but these are 700 level so save them up for later.

Those videos are awesome. Has anyone else had experience using the GMATquantum website?

Give Kudos if my post was helpful!

Re: First GMAT: 460!!!   [#permalink] 31 Oct 2012, 08:19