Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 29 Aug 2014, 06:30

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

First try, scored 620.

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 23 Dec 2011
Posts: 9
GMAT 1: 620 Q47 V28
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 9

First try, scored 620. [#permalink] New post 26 Mar 2012, 07:32
Well, I aimed at 680+ but scored 620 (Quantitative 47, Verbal 28). I suppose that lack of concentration influenced my verbal score. Regarding the fact that GMAT is not mandatory for the University of Zurich, do you think that 620 is enough for the institution that doesn't demand GMAT score. Should I retake? Please share your opinion.
_________________

Wanna crack GMAT!

Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Moderator
Moderator
avatar
Joined: 18 Jan 2012
Posts: 287
Followers: 25

Kudos [?]: 54 [0], given: 11

GMAT Tests User Premium Member
Re: First try, scored 620. [#permalink] New post 27 Mar 2012, 04:35
DesecratoR wrote:
Well, I aimed at 680+ but scored 620 (Quantitative 47, Verbal 28). I suppose that lack of concentration influenced my verbal score. Regarding the fact that GMAT is not mandatory for the University of Zurich, do you think that 620 is enough for the institution that doesn't demand GMAT score. Should I retake? Please share your opinion.


I believe that you should speak to the admissions director of the school, talk to him and he will be the best person to answer your query, if gmat is not that important, start focusing more on Essay.

Good Luck
_________________

Free Essay Editing Service
free-profile-essay-review-service-free-129484.html

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 23 Dec 2011
Posts: 9
GMAT 1: 620 Q47 V28
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 9

Re: First try, scored 620. [#permalink] New post 27 Mar 2012, 08:57
OasisGC wrote:
DesecratoR wrote:
Well, I aimed at 680+ but scored 620 (Quantitative 47, Verbal 28). I suppose that lack of concentration influenced my verbal score. Regarding the fact that GMAT is not mandatory for the University of Zurich, do you think that 620 is enough for the institution that doesn't demand GMAT score. Should I retake? Please share your opinion.


I believe that you should speak to the admissions director of the school, talk to him and he will be the best person to answer your query, if gmat is not that important, start focusing more on Essay.

Good Luck


I have recently spoken to them and they said that if you provide your GMAT score, your chance to be admitted increases. I assume that my chance is increased now. In the end, 620 isn't so bad.
_________________

Wanna crack GMAT!

Moderator
Moderator
avatar
Joined: 18 Jan 2012
Posts: 287
Followers: 25

Kudos [?]: 54 [0], given: 11

GMAT Tests User Premium Member
Re: First try, scored 620. [#permalink] New post 27 Mar 2012, 14:42
DesecratoR wrote:
OasisGC wrote:
DesecratoR wrote:
Well, I aimed at 680+ but scored 620 (Quantitative 47, Verbal 28). I suppose that lack of concentration influenced my verbal score. Regarding the fact that GMAT is not mandatory for the University of Zurich, do you think that 620 is enough for the institution that doesn't demand GMAT score. Should I retake? Please share your opinion.


I believe that you should speak to the admissions director of the school, talk to him and he will be the best person to answer your query, if gmat is not that important, start focusing more on Essay.

Good Luck


I have recently spoken to them and they said that if you provide your GMAT score, your chance to be admitted increases. I assume that my chance is increased now. In the end, 620 isn't so bad.


Cool

So you are on your way now... write great essays .. because essays reflect your personality, essays are more important when school does not value GMAT too much

Good Luck
_________________

Free Essay Editing Service
free-profile-essay-review-service-free-129484.html

Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 14 Dec 2011
Posts: 65
GMAT 1: 630 Q48 V29
GMAT 2: 690 Q48 V37
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 24

GMAT Tests User
Re: First try, scored 620. [#permalink] New post 27 Mar 2012, 22:30
I will also take the GMAT on Friday for the University of St. Gallen. They also expect 650-680, but you can also take the test provided by the University itself. Maybe you could do that
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 23 Dec 2011
Posts: 9
GMAT 1: 620 Q47 V28
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 9

Re: First try, scored 620. [#permalink] New post 28 Mar 2012, 04:20
@OasisGC
Well, I can just say that I was honest in my motivation letter. If they consider my reasons to be weak, what can I do...

@Impenetrable
By the way, the exam at St. Gallen University is unfortunately in German and I 'm not good enough in German to solve some mind blowing problems.
_________________

Wanna crack GMAT!

Moderator
Moderator
avatar
Joined: 18 Jan 2012
Posts: 287
Followers: 25

Kudos [?]: 54 [0], given: 11

GMAT Tests User Premium Member
Re: First try, scored 620. [#permalink] New post 29 Mar 2012, 11:44
DesecratoR wrote:
@OasisGC
Well, I can just say that I was honest in my motivation letter. If they consider my reasons to be weak, what can I do...


Hi,

Honesty in essays/or any form of communication to claim admission is the best strategy, but you must present your positives in the most structured way as well, and i am sure you would have surely done the same.

Let me know if i could be of any help

Good Luck
_________________

Free Essay Editing Service
free-profile-essay-review-service-free-129484.html

Re: First try, scored 620.   [#permalink] 29 Mar 2012, 11:44
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
Experts publish their posts in the topic First GMAT Test - 620 Score with Verbal - 26 and Quant - 49 shireesh23 3 23 Mar 2014, 21:49
Experts publish their posts in the topic GMATPrep first Try Score is 610 xlneo0806 1 03 Sep 2011, 16:23
First diagnostic test score 620 amritgodofwar 1 18 Jun 2011, 23:49
scored 440 on first try..helps needed!!!! chomomo 1 16 Dec 2008, 02:09
scored 440 on first try..helps needed!!!! chomomo 21 16 Dec 2008, 02:09
Display posts from previous: Sort by

First try, scored 620.

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderators: m3equals333, TGC



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.