Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Aug 2014, 00:12

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Frustrated - Extremely

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Frustrated - Extremely [#permalink] New post 25 Apr 2003, 09:47
Hello,

I came across this site the other day, and I have found it very resourceful. To date, I have taken the GMAT three times and received the same score each time - 460 with 5.5 on AWA. What have I done to prepare?

1. Paid $$$ for Princeton Review GMAT prep course
2. Kaplan
3. Official Guide

I only took one Kaplan Diagnostic and got 510. My Princeton Review test scores have been 520, 580, 490 and 540. My Power Prep scores have been 580 and 600 - but this is not accurate because I have completed 80% of the questions in the OG.

When I took the real GMATs, I always ended up having to guess the last 10 questions on the Math and Verbal.

Any pointers?

Thanks.

PS - Anyone hear about UCI's MBA program?
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern

[#permalink] New post 25 Apr 2003, 17:27
What is Quant/Verbal breakdown for your scores?
Intern
Intern

[#permalink] New post 25 Apr 2003, 17:39
19 for verbal and 35 for Math
Intern
Intern

[#permalink] New post 25 Apr 2003, 17:39
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 29 Apr 2003, 07:32
sejinro wrote:

In my experience, you will score at least 42 above in math section if you
have doen well on the math section of Official Guide.
My weakness is in verbal section.
Thus, my scores is below 500. :cry:
Intern
Intern

[#permalink] New post 03 May 2003, 20:20
Well, today, I just took the GMAT for the fourth time and I got a 560 (41 on quant and 26 on verbal). If you have read my previous post, I was very frustrated because I got 460 three times in a row - after even taking the Princeton Review course. Although I am still somewhat frustrated because my goal was to get above 600, I am somewhat relieved because I did improve by 100 hundred points.

What did I do different this time to study than before? First, I did every single quant problem in the Official Guide then re-did the problems I got wrong. Second, I did 75% of the verbal questions in the Official Guide, why 75%? because that's all the time I had. Third, I took the 4 Kaplan tests on the CD and the two Power Prep tests. My scores for the 4 Kaplan tests were 500, 510, 400, 570 and my Power Prep test scores were 570 and 620. I think the most important thing to do is pace yourself during the practice tests and the real test. Also, the questions you missed on the practice tests - go back and determine why you missed it and try to solve the problem again.

How was the test? The quant was harder than both the Kaplan and Power Prep. The type of quant questions were more similar to the Power Prep than Kaplan - the concepts are the same, just more math to do. However, if you can understand how and why on the Power Prep than you should be okay. The verbal on the test was similar to the Power Prep in terms of difficulty and type of questions. Oh and also, the Princeton Review practice tests were of no help.

And everyone's favorite question: I only had one probablity question, and it was a DS...something like how many red balls in a vase of red and blue balls. (1) the probablity is 3/7 for red (2) there are 9 blue balls. Don't quote me on this..

Good Luck!
  [#permalink] 03 May 2003, 20:20