Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 11 Jul 2014, 12:53

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

GMAT Challenge

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

GMAT Challenge [#permalink] New post 19 Jun 2008, 16:09
Guys,

I am fairly new to this forum and I would like your input on my questions. I just completed one verbal and two math challenges and I am very confused about my scores and percentile. I have detailed my scores below. I am confused about a 13.6% percentile for M08, which was very difficult, and a 76.1% percentile for V01 after getting 71% correct. Could you help to understand my performance thus far. I am planning on taking the GMAT in two weeks. Finally, how accurate are the verbal challenge tests? I find the structure odd with only three reading comprehension passages and an answer for a sentence correction question that was based on a comma. I found those structures for the verbal section of a GMAT test very odd. Also, are the challenges adaptive?

Test Correct Total Correct % Percentile
m01 26 37 70.3% 59.3%
m08 16 37 43.2% 13.6%
v01 29 41 70.7% 76.1%

Thanks in advance guys.
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Manager
Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 26 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: GMAT Challenge [#permalink] New post 19 Jun 2008, 21:46
grems,

I think a good number of people on this forum have found M08 to be difficult. I remember reading one of buffdaddy's posts where he discussed the difficulty levels of various challenges. I found M06 to be fairly difficult too. I scored around 27-30 in the first 5 and then dropped to 23 in M06.

At the end of it all, just remember that these scores do not reflect your GMAT score. The tests are not adaptive either. They just help you learn new concepts, methods and identify your weaknesses and strengths.
Director
Director
Schools: Oxford'10
Followers: 13

Kudos [?]: 173 [0], given: 8

GMAT Tests User
Re: GMAT Challenge [#permalink] New post 19 Jun 2008, 22:07
I've done 20 GMATClub quant tests so far and my scores have ranged from 23 - 31. Also the percentile scores range from 25% (for which i scored a 26) to 92% (30).

I also noticed its harder to score upper percentiles in the later tests (m15 +). Maybe most of these test takers are really good at math and thus get this far. I am not sure. I have been using these as practice on timing...thats all
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: GMAT Challenge [#permalink] New post 19 Jun 2008, 22:18
What do you guys think about the verbal challenges? I took the first one and scored a disappointing 29/41 (71%) correct for a percentile of 76%. Do you think the verbal is fairly reflective of the GMAT?

Last edited by grems on 20 Jun 2008, 07:10, edited 1 time in total.
Director
Director
Schools: Oxford'10
Followers: 13

Kudos [?]: 173 [0], given: 8

GMAT Tests User
Re: GMAT Challenge [#permalink] New post 19 Jun 2008, 22:30
Hi Grems,

i didn't do any verbal challenges, but these threads might be of interest to you.

11-t60938

8-t65044

It all depends on how much time you have. With the limited time I had, I chose not to attempt them. But I surely would have attempted them if I had more time, since more practice the better right!

cheers,
buff
Re: GMAT Challenge   [#permalink] 19 Jun 2008, 22:30