Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 24 Oct 2014, 08:54

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

GMAT devastation

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 45

GMAT devastation [#permalink] New post 01 Nov 2012, 08:49
Hi, recently took GMAT and scored a disastrous 510. I have been generally good in academics, and I am a qualified professional, especially good with numbers. My mock test scores have been almost between 680-700 with tests taken from Manhattan, Gmatprep etc. Could anybody pl throw some light what could have gone wrong? Obviously, whatever could ve, did go wrong in the exam. But I am kind of devastated, and thinking of giving up on GMAT, in fact little confused should I seek professional advice/ give up, what? Thnx.
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
Founder
Founder
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 2325

Kudos [?]: 9449 [0], given: 3701

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: GMAT devastation [#permalink] New post 01 Nov 2012, 08:52
Expert's post
chigiwigi wrote:
Hi, recently took GMAT and scored a disastrous 510. I have been generally good in academics, and I am a qualified professional, especially good with numbers. My mock test scores have been almost between 680-700 with tests taken from Manhattan, Gmatprep etc. Could anybody pl throw some light what could have gone wrong? Obviously, whatever could ve, did go wrong in the exam. But I am kind of devastated, and thinking of giving up on GMAT, in fact little confused should I seek professional advice/ give up, what? Thnx.

Hey there!
Sorry to hear about the score esp if your practice tests were so high.

Any reason why you would have such a difference? (anything more than 50 points is usually pretty rare). I think you need to retake if you can't think of a reason why you did so poorly compared to the practice tests. Perhaps it was a fluke.
What were your scaled scores?

P.S. Was not sure how to take your topic - could be interpreted both ways

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator
Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Manager
Manager
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 45

Re: GMAT devastation [#permalink] New post 01 Nov 2012, 09:06
Thanks BB, my scaled score is 34 in Q and 26 in V. I was kind of pretty confident the night before the exam, but some how could not sleep almost entire night, was little feverish in the morning. But still I thought I would take a pill and give my best shot, since I was pretty confident with my latest mock test scores.

In fact in gmatclub verbal test scores also were 51 a few times so, I fail to understand how could this happen?

Thx a ton again for your support.
Re: GMAT devastation   [#permalink] 01 Nov 2012, 09:06