Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 28 Jul 2014, 00:26

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

GMAT plan - first post!

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

GMAT plan - first post! [#permalink] New post 30 Oct 2005, 20:28
Hey everyone, this is my first post :-D

I'm writing the GMAT mid November for the first time (less than 3 weeks!). I'm applying to Schulich (York U), Rotman (U of Toronto), and Degroote (McMaster). So i'm hoping for atleast 630 or 640 which is around what they accept.

I have already finished PR Review 2005 and I am half way through GMAT 800 now. After I finish this I plan on taking one of the PowerPreps so I have an idea about where I am before i do any questions from the OG. Then I plan on doing as much of the OG as possible leading up to the test day and on the day before the test do the second
powerPrep to get into the test mentality! I also have the Kaplan 2005 with the CD so I'll probaby do a couple of the tests on that CD time permitting.

I discovered this forum couple of days ago and it looks like it will be a great help so I plan on integrating it into my study hours too 8-)

My question is other than what I mentioned does anyone have any suggestions? Such as more material to cover. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 30 Oct 2005, 20:50
Sounds like you have your plan very well worked out. Be sure to participate a lot in this forum - it helped me tons!

I'm probably also going to apply to Schulich, so let me know how your efforts go.

Good luck!
Intern
Intern

[#permalink] New post 31 Oct 2005, 18:46
coffeeloverfreak wrote:
Sounds like you have your plan very well worked out. Be sure to participate a lot in this forum - it helped me tons!

I'm probably also going to apply to Schulich, so let me know how your efforts go.

Good luck!

I definatly will be participating in this forum. I was very happy to find it and have already learned alot from it.

Good luck to you too! Are you applying for full time Schulich?

Currently i think my weakest point is RC :( but i'll practice it as much as possible from the OG.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 31 Oct 2005, 19:15
Be sure to keep an error log and review it during the last week of prep. Also, take the Kaplan CATs before PR CATs if you are planning to take them all.

Good luck!
Intern
Intern

[#permalink] New post 31 Oct 2005, 22:44
I'm taking mine on the 17th, and it sounds like we both have similar game plans.

Cracking the GMAT 2005 (finished)
Kaplan (the course book, with CD) - in progress
PowerPrep

the the OG 10th (time permitting)

I believe the secret is repetition, to cover the many variations of a question type.
CEO
CEO
Followers: 20

Kudos [?]: 427 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 01 Nov 2005, 00:21
As a general note, it is best to make certain that your pace will give you sufficient time to finish the OG. It can be useful to practice with other materials, but the OG is the most important point of reference when preparing for the test.
Intern
Intern

[#permalink] New post 01 Nov 2005, 11:48
Thanks for all the suggestions :-D

I'm trying to figure out the error log thing what do you mean by it? Can you pleas explain?

I think the OG is the most valuable source too I just wanna finish the KAPLAN 800 to start the OG ASAP!

Nice plan rsanchez :lol: good luck to you.
  [#permalink] 01 Nov 2005, 11:48