Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 31 Aug 2014, 23:46

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Gmat study plan

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Gmat study plan [#permalink] New post 16 Jun 2005, 12:30
Hi...

I am new on the forum. This site is with loads of information, & found them useful.

I have just moved to US from India & presently not working in US.

I have 3 months for Gmat preparation, & I can devote around 6 hrs per day for Gmat. I need to work more in Verbal & AWA, becoz my grammar is not good.

I have following resourses with me:
Kaplan 2005
PR 2005.
Kaplan Gmat 800
Kaplan Verbal Workbook.
GMAT with professor Dave
Gmat CAt Answers to Real Essay Questions.
OG

I was also going through the resources in Gmat Club, & was solving CR.
I started with solving 20 questions in CR , but found that i am taking around 4-5 min in solving a CR & that makes me feel low in confidence.

When should i solve these questions...........

I am thinking of brushing my concepts & revewing the above books, for 1.5months ,
then taking up PR, Kaplan test, followed by OG...

Is this methodology ok..... Please advise me....

If possible please help me in chalking out the GMat Study plan.... for myself

Thanks.....................
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Manager
Manager
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 17 Jun 2005, 01:05
Sneha, Welcome to the club.your prep material is enough, though I would add Math work book by Kaplan if your Math skills are rusty.

One comment you mentioned a book GMAT with professor Dave . Actually while I went to India and was researching about books, the shopkeeper highly recommended this book and said these days this is supposed to be a very good book. Based on his suggestion I bought the book but till now I have actually not read it.I have not heard any one mentioning that book in this forum though. May be others should provide their openion as well.At the end of the day it is also important to cover few important books and cover them well, rather then reading lot of material. It also boils down to how much time you have. Most of us preparing for GMAT also work so it is important to utilize the time we get.

My study plan is almost same as yours. Concentrate on the basics first before going ahead with solving questions. irrespective of the actual no of question you practice , your basics needs to be clear. The questions are often twisted and twicked so basics are very important.

While you are at the begining of your preparation timing is not very important. Once you learn th concepts and move ahead start concentrating on the timing.

Good Luck!
  [#permalink] 17 Jun 2005, 01:05