Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 20:51 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 20:51

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Concentration: Consulting
 Q49  V42
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Schools:MIT
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 349 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Schools:Chicago Booth '11
 Q50  V38
Send PM
Re: Harvard 2+2 MBA Application [#permalink]
what class lost you the .01 points on your GPA? You must be very upset about that.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
terp26 wrote:
what class lost you the .01 points on your GPA? You must be very upset about that.

You're going to laugh...it was the easiest class I've ever had. My freshman year, I took a "Computer Essentials" class. You know, the type where they teach you how to use Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Well, my freshman year, I snowboarded a LOT, and this class was so rediculously boring that I'd skip it occassionaly to head to the mountain. So I missed a few "buzz" words that the teacher put on an exam, and I got an A- in the class. But what can you do, right? It was my own fault.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Schools:Tuck, Yale (ding), NYU, Columbia, Duke (int)
Send PM
I had to knock you down a peg for that ridiculous GPA/GMAT you have. Even if you don't make it into the 2+2 program this year, I'd say you'll do just fine with a year or two of WE. GL!

As for the OP...considering this is the first year the program has been offered, you really have no idea what to expect. Maybe you have some other qualities that a unique program such as this may want to "groom". It can't hurt to re-take, but I wouldn't get too discouraged, you're in uncharted waters.

Originally posted by VictoryMBA on 02 Jul 2008, 10:46.
Last edited by VictoryMBA on 02 Jul 2008, 12:14, edited 1 time in total.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
VictoryMBA wrote:
And coming from Michigan State University, that's saying a lot. Were your classmates chain smoking chimps?

I KID!! :lol:

I had to knock you down a peg for that ridiculous GPA/GMAT you have. Even if you don't make it into the 2+2 program this year, I'd say you'll do just fine with a year or two of WE. GL!

As for the OP...considering this is the first year the program has been offered, you really have no idea what to expect. Maybe you have some other qualities that a unique program such as this may want to "groom". It can't hurt to re-take, but I wouldn't get too discouraged, you're in uncharted waters.

Well to be accurate, I'm not at Michigan State, the OP is. But there might have been some chain smoking chimps in my classes...
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Concentration: Consulting
 Q49  V42
Send PM
VictoryMBA wrote:
And coming from Michigan State University, that's saying a lot. Were your classmates chain smoking chimps?

[edited for content - very slight overreaction by a die-hard Spartan :wink: ]
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Schools:Tuck, Yale (ding), NYU, Columbia, Duke (int)
Send PM
Post edited...I guess the humour (and the fact that I said I was kidding in giant caps) was lost :(

MSU is a great school, but I was trying to imitate one of those prestige whor** that you find on all the other forums. His stats are stellar, so I was just ribbing. I think I'll leave the comedy to the rest of the members from now on.

Back the the shadows for me again!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Schools:Wharton, Chicago
 Q49  V44
Send PM
smkrn wrote:
VictoryMBA wrote:

I KID!! :lol:

Well to be accurate, I'm not at Michigan State, the OP is. But there might have been some chain smoking chimps in my classes...

You must've gone to the U then, Ha!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
cougarblue wrote:

Oh man, I set myself up for that one! Well played...
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Schools:Wharton, Chicago
 Q49  V44
Send PM
smkrn wrote:
cougarblue wrote:

Oh man, I set myself up for that one! Well played...

Good luck w/ the apps. Where else are you applying? My list right now is: Wharton, Chicago, Columbia, HBS (maybe), Stanford (maybe), and UCLA. I'm dreading writing the essays, but will probably have to get started this month. How much are you writing about your mish in the essays?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
I'll send a PM to avoid hijacking this thread further.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
So no other 2+2 applicants here?

Originally posted by ko on 07 Jul 2008, 11:58.
Last edited by ko on 15 Jul 2008, 11:25, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
600 applications? That's no good. It will probably be worse for those of us that apply next year.

How was the application for 2+2? Any general insight would be appreciated.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Ya I was a little surprised to hear that there were 600 applications. I thought it would be a bit less, but what can you expect with HBS, right?

As far as the application - it was actually quite straight forward. It is pretty similar to the regular HBS application. The best advice I can give is to look at the essay questions very early and get your strategy for them mapped out. I wish I would have started my essays in February or March instead of in June. Also, try and take the GMAT as early as you can - I took the GMAT on June 30th and the application was due on July 1st. So not only did I have the stress of studying for the GMAT and trying to get the application done at the same time, but there was the added pressure of knowing that if I screwed up the GMAT, my work on the application would be a waste. Try to avoid that type of situation and pressure.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I to was surprised at how many people applied. I think my chances of getting in are a lot lower now.
GMAT Club Bot