Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 19 Sep 2014, 00:03

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Have put me on waitlist

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Have put me on waitlist [#permalink] New post 16 Jun 2008, 11:17
Hello,

I have applied for fall quarter 2008 in GSB's PT MBA program. Last week, I received a letter from then saying I have been put on waitlist and they will let me know their final decision in a month or so. Has anyone else received similar response from them? What does it really mean?
Intern
Intern

Re: Have put me on waitlist [#permalink] New post 17 Jun 2008, 13:25
result wrote:
Hello,

I have applied for fall quarter 2008 in GSB's PT MBA program. Last week, I received a letter from then saying I have been put on waitlist and they will let me know their final decision in a month or so. Has anyone else received similar response from them? What does it really mean?

Good q! It means you gotta call them to find out what your application is missing. In most cases, the application is missing some part. In some, it means adcom needs some more info to better evaluate your app... And in some it just means, the adcom is not really sure what to do....If you get lucky they might accept you just based on the info they have on the re-evalaution. But its always safe to find out and present additional relevant data to make your case stronger.
Intern
Intern

Re: Have put me on waitlist [#permalink] New post 17 Jun 2008, 13:37
I actually called them and they said application is complete and no information is missing. Its just that we want some more time to evaluate. Why at first place, they sent me the letter? They could have told me in one go once they had the result?

One probability which I see is that I applied almost 1.5 months early from fall deadline. They might want to see whats coming in the pool before making any decision as they asked me to wait till deadline. I am not sure ..so wondering if any body else got this kind of response.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: Have put me on waitlist [#permalink] New post 18 Jun 2008, 07:29
result wrote:
I actually called them and they said application is complete and no information is missing. Its just that we want some more time to evaluate. Why at first place, they sent me the letter? They could have told me in one go once they had the result?

One probability which I see is that I applied almost 1.5 months early from fall deadline. They might want to see whats coming in the pool before making any decision as they asked me to wait till deadline. I am not sure ..so wondering if any body else got this kind of response.

the terrible truth is they are waiting to see if anyone declines their invite. If they do, they start going down the list. They seed those on the waitlist. If your #5 on their list, 5 people have to decline.

If you applied R1 and had a stong package (with class visits, etc) it shows the commitment to the school as a top choice.

There is hope, I was a R1 waitlister (with class visit, interview, numberous events attended) at Haas and made it in during R2.

-zakk

Friend to hamsters, snowboard cruiser, first person ever to score a 12 on the GMAT, bad golfer, decent PR hack, all around nice guy.

Intern
Intern

Re: Have put me on waitlist [#permalink] New post 18 Jun 2008, 11:28
I have applied for PT, so there is no Rounds concept. R1, R2 right?

Plus, I just got a call from Kellogg. I am IN. :-)

Kellogg has been my first preference due to my interest in marketing courses. So no worries now on waitlist part.

Thanks..
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: Have put me on waitlist [#permalink] New post 19 Jun 2008, 14:43
result wrote:
I have applied for PT, so there is no Rounds concept. R1, R2 right?

Plus, I just got a call from Kellogg. I am IN. :-)

Kellogg has been my first preference due to my interest in marketing courses. So no worries now on waitlist part.

Thanks..

Great news! Good luck.

-zakk

Friend to hamsters, snowboard cruiser, first person ever to score a 12 on the GMAT, bad golfer, decent PR hack, all around nice guy.

Re: Have put me on waitlist   [#permalink] 19 Jun 2008, 14:43