Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 27 Aug 2014, 17:37

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Help with GMAT study materials

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Help with GMAT study materials [#permalink] New post 26 Aug 2007, 23:28
Hi:

I took PowerPrep today and got a score of 700. The PowerPrep GMAT math seems to be much tougher than Official Guide examples. Are there any resources that can help me prepare at the PowerPrep Math level?

Also, how can I get materials for 1000 SC, RC and CR that I have read so much on this site. I can't seem to find the link to these materials.

I plan to take the test sometime in late September. Please help me gurus!

Thanks.
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 7

Kudos [?]: 75 [0], given: 1

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 27 Aug 2007, 05:40
I don't mean to scare you. But, did you mean to say PowerPrep or GMATPrep? If you do say PowerPrep, I have to tell you that PowerPrep math is way easier and below the current real GMAT math level. GMATPrep math level is about the same or a little harder than the real GMAT math level.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 21 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 27 Aug 2007, 07:48
eileen1017 wrote:
I don't mean to scare you. But, did you mean to say PowerPrep or GMATPrep? If you do say PowerPrep, I have to tell you that PowerPrep math is way easier and below the current real GMAT math level. GMATPrep math level is about the same or a little harder than the real GMAT math level.

Agree, but PowerPrep requires more questions to be right for a decent math score (I had 6 wrong and got 48)

Last edited by Vlad77 on 27 Aug 2007, 07:51, edited 1 time in total.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

GMAT Tests User
Re: Help with GMAT study materials [#permalink] New post 27 Aug 2007, 07:50
zzyyxx wrote:
Hi:

I took PowerPrep today and got a score of 700. The PowerPrep GMAT math seems to be much tougher than Official Guide examples. Are there any resources that can help me prepare at the PowerPrep Math level?

Also, how can I get materials for 1000 SC, RC and CR that I have read so much on this site. I can't seem to find the link to these materials.

I plan to take the test sometime in late September. Please help me gurus!

Thanks.

Take GMATClub challenges as many as you can. They are a little bit harder than actual GMAT (people say) and GMATPrep questions. As for the theory -> may be MGMAT.
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 27 Aug 2007, 09:41
Hi:

Thanks for your quick responses. I took the GMATPrep. Sorry for the confusion earlier.

I had taken 1 test on Princeton Review and another GMAT paper test that I had found, but got very few Math problems wrong (may be 3 at the most). I realized that I took longer to solve problems on GMATPrep as they were more difficult and my error rate was also high. Also, GMATPrep tested on tricky inequalities, number theory and some questions were clearly not represented in any material that I had seen earlier. Is this normal? And any advice.

Could you also point me to 1000 SC, RC and CR that I have read about so much on this site.

What is your feedback on Manhattan GMAT online tests? Are they equally difficult as GMATPrep?

Thanks a ton.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 27 Aug 2007, 11:17
zzyyxx wrote:
Hi:

Thanks for your quick responses. I took the GMATPrep. Sorry for the confusion earlier.

I had taken 1 test on Princeton Review and another GMAT paper test that I had found, but got very few Math problems wrong (may be 3 at the most). I realized that I took longer to solve problems on GMATPrep as they were more difficult and my error rate was also high. Also, GMATPrep tested on tricky inequalities, number theory and some questions were clearly not represented in any material that I had seen earlier. Is this normal? And any advice.

Could you also point me to 1000 SC, RC and CR that I have read about so much on this site.

What is your feedback on Manhattan GMAT online tests? Are they equally difficult as GMATPrep?

Thanks a ton.

Here the link to 1000 SC, RC, CR:

http://www.gmatclub.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=20341

I have not taken MGMAT tests, but read that its math is really hard.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Schools: UC Berkeley Haas School of Business MBA 2010
WE 1: Social Gaming
Followers: 64

Kudos [?]: 333 [0], given: 14

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 27 Aug 2007, 12:13
I would strongly suggest GMATClub challenges and/or MGMAT CAT Math (even if you do it un-timed) just to get used to SUPER tough questions and learn the tricks and shortcuts. After that, GMATPrep or even the real GMAT will seem easy!
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 50 [0], given: 12

GMAT ToolKit User GMAT Tests User
Re: Help with GMAT study materials [#permalink] New post 18 Jul 2010, 19:58
Hi Guys,

I am planning to study the books OG , OG Verbal , OG Quant , Kaplan ,MGMAT Verbal books and Power Score SC for my Gmat preparation. Should I consider MGMAT Quant books too? COuld you please advise me regarding this?

Thanks,
Raju
Re: Help with GMAT study materials   [#permalink] 18 Jul 2010, 19:58