Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 14 Sep 2014, 20:33

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

How Do Interviews Work?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Director
Director
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 71 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
How Do Interviews Work? [#permalink] New post 08 Feb 2007, 07:02
I'm sure there is a lot of variation, but for those of you that have interviewed, can you please give a sense of how long after an invite you ended up interviewing?

In other words, if you get an email or phone call asking you to interview, are you usually setting up an interview for the next week, or is it more like a few weeks out?
Director
Director
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: How Do Interviews Work? [#permalink] New post 08 Feb 2007, 07:10
johnnyx9 wrote:
I'm sure there is a lot of variation, but for those of you that have interviewed, can you please give a sense of how long after an invite you ended up interviewing?

In other words, if you get an email or phone call asking you to interview, are you usually setting up an interview for the next week, or is it more like a few weeks out?

Me within a week
I had an alum interview and it happened in starbucks.
Basically its upto you how you and ur interviewer can schedule it in Kellog off-campus interviews
Director
Director

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 08 Feb 2007, 07:13
In my mind, now that I have done two interviews, it is the easiest of the whole application process...

gmat - requires heck a lot of prep
essays - more prep than gmat
onlineapp - easy, after the first school
recommendations - requires some prep, but lot of reuse

by the time you now reach to interview, you know your story well..
have a good nights sleep, read your essays well, make a list of key points you have to get it accross.. and in the end market yourself well..
Director
Director

GMAT Tests User
Re: How Do Interviews Work? [#permalink] New post 08 Feb 2007, 07:17
johnnyx9 wrote:

Most questions are stereotypical so u can prepare in advance. Rfere to accepetd.com/ bW forums for questions. So u need not wait for the interview call to prepare (In case you are worried abt not being able to prepare at short notices). So once you get a call you and ur interviewer can agree on a suitable time to interview.

Sometimes your interviewer may insist on a earlier time frame than you expect becuase of his/her work schedule. So be prepared
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 08 Feb 2007, 07:24
both my interviews so far have been scheduled within 3 days of receiving an invite, and completed withing a week after that. I think its something most ppl want to do ASAP
Director
Director

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 08 Feb 2007, 07:39
That's good to hear, for some reason I thought that interviews would be scheduled out weeks in advance.
Director
Director

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 08 Feb 2007, 07:42
fluffydot wrote:
both my interviews so far have been scheduled within 3 days of receiving an invite, and completed withing a week after that. I think its something most ppl want to do ASAP

This is important Info
Many people who have postponed prep untill call might be in for an unpleasant surprise
so you have good reasons to prepare right away :)
Director
Director

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 08 Feb 2007, 07:46
That's a good point, it's easy to submit your applications and to then think, "Alright, now I can relax for a bit," but I guess you have to always stay sharp and ready.
  [#permalink] 08 Feb 2007, 07:46