Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Sep 2014, 18:12

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

I cant wait...

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
TAGS:
Director
Director
User avatar
Joined: 10 Aug 2006
Posts: 665
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 20 Jan 2007, 00:19
aaudetat wrote:
Right now it is midnight on Friday night (er....saturday morning) and I AM STILL AT WORK!

I have just wrapped up and am heading home to bed because I HAVE TO BE BACK HERE AT 9 TOMORROW MORNING! :arh

I hate all of you slackers who sit on GMAT Club all day while you're at work, and then hit refresh on the application notification pages for a bit of variety.

And to think that you all get paid about twice what I do for your efforts.

Sigh. Ah, but I love tax season. Even though I kvetch about it. Wish me luck - we open for our first day in 10 hours.



:wink:

amy




My work here is to supervise people doing work. Its a tough job really.
You need some entertainment and this forum just provides one

BTW I am with you amy in coming to work on saturday
we have a release next week and a lot of work needs to be done

:-)

Paid twice.... think again average salaries in India are 1/10th of in US

so amy is paid 10 times more than me assuming average at both ends

Last edited by venky1979 on 20 Jan 2007, 08:06, edited 2 times in total.
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Director
Director
User avatar
Joined: 10 Aug 2006
Posts: 665
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 20 Jan 2007, 00:23
aaudetat wrote:
postscript:

somehow, my IT guy managed to DELETE MY INBOX today. He managed to restore most of it, but I lost everything that arrived between 6pm Thursday and 3pm today. Brilliant.

I hold all of you IT people jointly responsible.


Wow that sucks which company do u work for?

Sue them! Wear a barbarian out fit, take an axe and behead that IT guy.

BTW which colleges have u applied and are expecting results from ?
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
avatar
Affiliations: HHonors Diamond, BGS Honor Society
Joined: 05 Apr 2006
Posts: 5925
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2009
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V45
WE: Business Development (Consumer Products)
Followers: 256

Kudos [?]: 1547 [0], given: 7

GMAT Tests User Premium Member
 [#permalink] New post 20 Jan 2007, 04:27
aaudetat wrote:

And to think that you all get paid about twice what I do for your efforts.


No we don't! It's more like three times.

Just kidding.

I work hard often as well, its just there isn't anything going on at the moment.
Director
Director
User avatar
Joined: 10 Aug 2006
Posts: 665
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 20 Jan 2007, 05:10
venky1979 wrote:
aaudetat wrote:
postscript:

somehow, my IT guy managed to DELETE MY INBOX today. He managed to restore most of it, but I lost everything that arrived between 6pm Thursday and 3pm today. Brilliant.

I hold all of you IT people jointly responsible.


Wow that sucks which company do u work for?

Sue them! Wear a barbarian out fit, take an axe and behead that IT guy.

BTW which colleges have u applied and are expecting results from ?

have u ever played mortal kombat :)
SVP
SVP
User avatar
Joined: 01 Nov 2006
Posts: 1855
Schools: The Duke MBA, Class of 2009
Followers: 16

Kudos [?]: 179 [0], given: 2

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 20 Jan 2007, 20:04
venky1979 wrote:
aaudetat wrote:
Right now it is midnight on Friday night (er....saturday morning) and I AM STILL AT WORK!

I have just wrapped up and am heading home to bed because I HAVE TO BE BACK HERE AT 9 TOMORROW MORNING! :arh

I hate all of you slackers who sit on GMAT Club all day while you're at work, and then hit refresh on the application notification pages for a bit of variety.

And to think that you all get paid about twice what I do for your efforts.

Sigh. Ah, but I love tax season. Even though I kvetch about it. Wish me luck - we open for our first day in 10 hours.



:wink:

amy




My work here is to supervise people doing work. Its a tough job really.
You need some entertainment and this forum just provides one

BTW I am with you amy in coming to work on saturday
we have a release next week and a lot of work needs to be done

:-)

Paid twice.... think again average salaries in India are 1/10th of in US

so amy is paid 10 times more than me assuming average at both ends


Cost of living, cheri. It's just not the same.

And no, never played mortal kombat. But used to watch my high school boyfriend play. Ever the feminist, I always wanted him to pick the female characters. I liked their hot little outfits too. I am more of a third-waver.
Director
Director
User avatar
Joined: 10 Aug 2006
Posts: 665
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 21 Jan 2007, 01:51
Hire GORO hope u remeber tht character
to blast that IT guy of urs
SVP
SVP
User avatar
Joined: 01 Nov 2006
Posts: 1855
Schools: The Duke MBA, Class of 2009
Followers: 16

Kudos [?]: 179 [0], given: 2

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 21 Jan 2007, 07:10
Nah, he was under a lot of pressure. He had all of my crap to set up, and then we also upgraded our core system last week. He's forgiven. I'm too busy for revenge.

:)
Director
Director
User avatar
Joined: 10 Aug 2006
Posts: 665
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 21 Jan 2007, 07:10
aaudetat wrote:
Nah, he was under a lot of pressure. He had all of my crap to set up, and then we also upgraded our core system last week. He's forgiven. I'm too busy for revenge.

:)

which are the colleges u are waiting to hear from?
SVP
SVP
User avatar
Joined: 01 Nov 2006
Posts: 1855
Schools: The Duke MBA, Class of 2009
Followers: 16

Kudos [?]: 179 [0], given: 2

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 21 Jan 2007, 07:21
Here's where i stand:

Cornel, R3 - interview on Jan 29
Duke, R2 - interview on Jan 23
UNC, R2 - interview on Jan 24
Yale, R2 - eerily silent

Stanford, R2 - flaked out, couldn't get it in on time. I might throw in an application for R3. I know it's super-unlikely, but that darn thing is over half done. I am probably 8 hours away from finishing. If I don't do it, I will feel like I disappointed myself and wasted my rec's time.
Director
Director
User avatar
Joined: 10 Aug 2006
Posts: 665
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 21 Jan 2007, 07:28
aaudetat wrote:
Here's where i stand:

Cornel, R3 - interview on Jan 29
Duke, R2 - interview on Jan 23
UNC, R2 - interview on Jan 24
Yale, R2 - eerily silent

Stanford, R2 - flaked out, couldn't get it in on time. I might throw in an application for R3. I know it's super-unlikely, but that darn thing is over half done. I am probably 8 hours away from finishing. If I don't do it, I will feel like I disappointed myself and wasted my rec's time.


all the best
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
avatar
Joined: 05 Oct 2005
Posts: 413
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 19 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 21 Jan 2007, 19:33
rhyme wrote:
Kellogg will be less demanding academically. For someone with my relatively weak academic history, this is a plus.
GSB has MUCH better facilities. MUCH.
Kellogg does not let PT recruit with FT (without written permission from their firms). GSB does (which means more competition for a job)
Kellogg is more team focused (which I like). GSB seems to have more traditional midterm/final exam setups (which I dislike)
GSB is likely better academically - in terms of pure learning
Kellogg is not as quantatative. GSB is, and it scares me
Kelloggs brand recognition in Europe is slightly less than GSB
I'm not interested in IB - so the GSBs core strenghts do not play to my favour, while Kellogg's broader General Management curriculum does, however this also means less competition for hte kinds of jobs I want at the GSB than I would have at Kellogg.
Kellogg discloses grades, GSB does not disclose grades which is a plus
I'm not a fan of Kellogg's "ambercrombie and fitch" feel
GSB is very "new" to me, theres an element of excitement and risk
Kellogg feels a little less "new" because I already know the school so well
I have no faculty connections at the GSB
I have faculty connections at Kellogg (could be beneficial for my job hunt?)
I lack alumni connections from Kellogg
I have alumni connections from the GSB
I have friends at Kellogg
I do not have friends at the GSB
GSB is better ranked (for now)
Kellogg has better recruiting scores (A+ vs A)
Kellogg has slightly higher starting salaries (by $5,000)
GSB's flexible curriculum is pretty darn cool
Kellogg's curriculum is comparitively speaking far less flexible


Based on your list, I think Kellogg is a better fit for you in terms of academic history and interest. And you need less time settling in there. These in turn would affect your academic performance.

If I were you, Kellogg would be the school to go. Yes, I'm giving up a few ranking points and cool facilities and curriculum. In exchange, I'm doing things that I'm interested in, at a place that I know I would have a fun time, and getting jobs that I like and pay better (as per current stats).
_________________

http://phdmilestone.blogspot.com/

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
avatar
Joined: 05 Oct 2005
Posts: 413
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 19 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 21 Jan 2007, 19:38
rhyme wrote:
But yes, I could have told you this. In fact, I can one up your quote. A professor at Kellogg once told me "This is where the 25-year old girls who realize they can't be models forever come". Beat that! Its true by the way.


Too much distractions. Skip Kellogg and go to GSB. :lol:
_________________

http://phdmilestone.blogspot.com/

  [#permalink] 21 Jan 2007, 19:38
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
53 Experts publish their posts in the topic "Admitted! I Can't Wait till I Can Quit My Job" Syndrome nink 44 11 Feb 2011, 09:03
I just can't wait for the ANSWER! lipstick 1 06 Jan 2011, 11:42
deleted Ozmba 5 15 Oct 2007, 11:52
While I am waiting...! sm176811 17 09 Feb 2007, 03:40
I CANT STAND IT!! rhyme 22 04 Dec 2006, 12:31
Display posts from previous: Sort by

I cant wait...

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   [ 92 posts ] 



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.