Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 10:56 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 10:56

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
No Way [#permalink]
Why would you do that???? Make educated guesses. You may hit a couple of them that are right.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
If you're running out of time and can't even attempt to solve the problem, yes, guess randomly. It could affect your score by 10-30 points depending on how many questions you have left.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 777 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
I once heard a different theory from a GMAT tutor. According to this guy if you leave some questions unanswered, then the computer will infer what your answers would be based on your previous responses. On the contrary, if you just guess at random, the odds are you will get four fifths of the questions wrong. So if you were doing good then it would be better to leave them blank.

If you ask me though, I would guess the remaining questions. What do you guys think?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
I think the way the adaptive test works is that you get a certain number of points based on the difficulty of that question assuming you get it correct. If you miss the question or don't answer it, you get no ponts.

Therefore if you leave questions blank, it's as good as getting them wrong.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Martin, I think that GMAT tutor was on drugs. The GMAT isn't set up to guess how you'd answer any question!! That's the wildest one I've heard yet.

You don't answer a question, you get docked, period. You guess and get it wrong, you get docked less.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
huh???? [#permalink]
I would not want to be tutored by someone who gave you that tid bit of advice. It really makes me wonder where some ople get their information from. Sometimes I think people just talk about anything for the sake of hearing theit own voices.

Key to doing well on the GMAT is to answer the first 10-15 questions in each section as accurately as possible.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 777 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
CartmanRules wrote:
Martin, I think that GMAT tutor was on drugs. The GMAT isn't set up to guess how you'd answer any question!! That's the wildest one I've heard yet.

You don't answer a question, you get docked, period. You guess and get it wrong, you get docked less.

:lol: ha ha Yeah, at first I thought he was on some kind of medication. But then I heard from other source that this kind of inference was done by ETS to grade the paper based GMAT... so I thought that maybe he wasn't that high after all...

Not that it means a lot... but this tutor has MS degree in English from Columbia and has been tutoring for more than ten years.

Anyway... forget about it... I'm not leaving any questions unanswered on my GMAT.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 260 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
If powerprep has the same algorithm as the actual test, someone with more time than I could test the validity of this theory...
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]