Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Jul 2014, 04:51

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

isb hyderabad

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

isb hyderabad [#permalink] New post 25 Mar 2009, 07:10
ne1 aiming / studying at isb hyderabad... need advice.. m confused ....
Manager
Manager
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Re: isb hyderabad [#permalink] New post 26 Mar 2009, 07:56
one of my freind .. graduated this year .. landed up with a job of 9 lakhs pa i.e. 18K us$ ... after spending 25 laks ie 50 K us 4 in fees .. leaving the oppotunity cost ..

to me looks like waste of time & money....
Director
Director
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 22 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: isb hyderabad [#permalink] New post 08 Apr 2009, 23:29
abhaypratapsingh wrote:
one of my freind .. graduated this year .. landed up with a job of 9 lakhs pa i.e. 18K us$ ... after spending 25 laks ie 50 K us 4 in fees .. leaving the oppotunity cost ..

to me looks like waste of time & money....

Have a look at this :
http://www.dnaindia.com/report.asp?newsid=1245875

But then, another perspective to look from is that this is the case with every top B-school even in US and UK. So will it be wise to judge the school just on the basis of salary. Till year, the highest salary in ISB was around 150, 000 $.

One thing i am sure that ISB lacks is international diversity which their admission director also admits though reluctantly.. :)

ISB was established when Indian economy on its rise.. How it comes out of present turmoil and what debris is left aftermath will determine its real characteristics..

-Unstoppable force moves immovable objects...-

CEO
CEO
Followers: 54

Kudos [?]: 424 [0], given: 210

GMAT Tests User
Re: isb hyderabad [#permalink] New post 09 Apr 2009, 00:31
Friend of mine who got into ISB is not very keen anymore. She went to a few catchups and realised that nearly half of the class hasn't found placements. No one's very happy there.. :( Disappointing but true...
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: isb hyderabad [#permalink] New post 16 Apr 2009, 05:50
I dont agree.

ISB is great value for money. I one year and 18 lacs you are getting an MBA degree from FT 15 school.

What else do you want ? Specially in these times when a loan of 100,000 USD can make you work 5 years for just repaying you loan.

Sudeep
CEO
CEO

GMAT Tests User
Re: isb hyderabad [#permalink] New post 16 Apr 2009, 06:01
I can't vouch for everybody, but ideally, I'd want a job at the end of it. Apprently ISB hasn't been quite so successful in providing that job this year. My friend is going to IIM-C instead.

sudeepgandhi wrote:
I dont agree.

ISB is great value for money. I one year and 18 lacs you are getting an MBA degree from FT 15 school.

What else do you want ? Specially in these times when a loan of 100,000 USD can make you work 5 years for just repaying you loan.

Sudeep
Current Student
Schools: Cranfield SOM

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 2

GMAT Tests User
Re: isb hyderabad [#permalink] New post 16 Apr 2009, 08:02
The reason why I decided against ISB is that the class is approx 95% desis. I wanted to study in a school which had a balanced international class composition.
CEO
CEO

GMAT Tests User
Re: isb hyderabad [#permalink] New post 19 Apr 2009, 22:35
Further proof of the desperate situation indian bschool grads find themselves in can be found here :
http://business.rediff.com/report/2009/ ... ortals.htm

This merely confirms the anecdotal evidence I've heard so far.
Manager
Manager
Schools: Stanford...Wait, I will come!!!

Kudos [?]: 27 [0], given: 3

GMAT Tests User
Re: isb hyderabad [#permalink] New post 19 Apr 2009, 23:00
bsd_lover wrote:
Further proof of the desperate situation indian bschool grads find themselves in can be found here :
http://business.rediff.com/report/2009/ ... ortals.htm

This merely confirms the anecdotal evidence I've heard so far.

As far as international exposure is concerned, ISB may not be a good choice.
But what other choices we have? Would you like to pay 100,000$ in US... and stay unemployed?
India is a booming economy.... and every one outside india is looking India as an opportunity.
ISB, with its top 15 finish has affirmed itself as the only school in India with international reputation.
Even the campus placement in IIMs are not good.
... I think, ISB is a good choice because it has more value for money, and its easy to repay the loan compared to do it in USA.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 65 [0], given: 24

GMAT Tests User
Re: isb hyderabad [#permalink] New post 25 Apr 2009, 23:40
Plus the dean or the president stepped down because of his involvement in the Satyam/Maytas Scam. I mean .. seriously .. isn't that like a big red ding?

In the land of the night, the chariot of the sun is drawn by the grateful dead

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 5

Re: isb hyderabad [#permalink] New post 15 Jun 2009, 10:40
I guess no one on this board is applying to ISB this year.

Except me. *sighs*

Its a bit late replying to scorpioguy's post but I would like to say this: I attended one of their pre-admission sessions and the conductor of the session repeatedly stressed that ISB was made to fill the demand for MBAs in India. So the school has a lot of India-focus, which is not a bad thing in case a person wants to work in the country. So in case people are looking for diversity and a lot of international students, then ISB is not the college to get into.
Expert Post
Founder
Founder
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 2158

Kudos [?]: 7576 [0], given: 3623

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: isb hyderabad [#permalink] New post 15 Jun 2009, 11:35
Expert's post
aval wrote:
I guess no one on this board is applying to ISB this year.

Except me. *sighs*

Its a bit late replying to scorpioguy's post but I would like to say this: I attended one of their pre-admission sessions and the conductor of the session repeatedly stressed that ISB was made to fill the demand for MBAs in India. So the school has a lot of India-focus, which is not a bad thing in case a person wants to work in the country. So in case people are looking for diversity and a lot of international students, then ISB is not the college to get into.

Thank you for the post and please accept my belated Welcome to GMATClub!
Would you mind/be interested in starting a new thread on ISB Hyderbad and being the Champion of it? We have a few threads like this here - a good example are these:

1. the-london-business-school-2010-thread-78838.html
2. sajid-business-school-university-of-oxford-78371.html (don't get intimidated by the buffdady's design skills)
3. oxbridge-2009-applicants-67959.html

We have many visitors who are "lurkers" and some of them may apply to ISB H. With the previous thread, I don't think they would get interested, but a fresh and maintained thread will get them started.

BSD_Lover, do you have any suggestions?

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator
Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 4 [1] , given: 5

Re: isb hyderabad [#permalink] New post 15 Jun 2009, 18:25
This post received
KUDOS
Sure thing! I would love to do that. This subforum would be the right place to do that, right?

btw, how come I am unable to access the links you just provided? Clicking on them - the broswer keeps asking for my userid and password even when I am logged in.

EDIT: scratch that. I am able to access them through the subforum directly.
Expert Post
Founder
Founder
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 2158

Kudos [?]: 7576 [0], given: 3623

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: isb hyderabad [#permalink] New post 15 Jun 2009, 19:17
Expert's post
aval wrote:
Sure thing! I would love to do that. This subforum would be the right place to do that, right?

btw, how come I am unable to access the links you just provided? Clicking on them - the broswer keeps asking for my userid and password even when I am logged in.

EDIT: scratch that. I am able to access them through the subforum directly.

Fantastic! This would definitely be the right place to start.
Sorry - my fault - gave you links with a wrong domain extension (org. instead of .com)- getting old. :oops:

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator
Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: isb hyderabad [#permalink] New post 15 Jun 2009, 20:28
ISB is good value for money. But thats not the only reason why I want an MBA.. If that was the reason i would have applied to University of Cape Town GSB.. I need a job at the end of my program and i want to develop an good international network in my peers.

I would choose HKUST over ISB for this same reason. BTW, its just my personal opinion, like the other notion that i have - I would pick INSEAD over Harvard!! :-D
CEO
CEO

GMAT Tests User
Re: isb hyderabad [#permalink] New post 16 Jun 2009, 03:21
Great comments bb. ISB, like most schools, hit a rough patch last year. The dean's connection with Satyam also hurt its image. But I expect ISB to bounce back. The quality of ISB's partner schools and of ISB's founders can not be faulted. I believe a good ISB evangelist would be really popular here.

bb wrote:

Thank you for the post and please accept my belated Welcome to GMATClub!
Would you mind/be interested in starting a new thread on ISB Hyderbad and being the Champion of it? We have a few threads like this here - a good example are these:

1. the-london-business-school-2010-thread-78838.html
2. sajid-business-school-university-of-oxford-78371.html (don't get intimidated by the buffdady's design skills)
3. oxbridge-2009-applicants-67959.html

We have many visitors who are "lurkers" and some of them may apply to ISB H. With the previous thread, I don't think they would get interested, but a fresh and maintained thread will get them started.

BSD_Lover, do you have any suggestions?
Re: isb hyderabad   [#permalink] 16 Jun 2009, 03:21