Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 22:15 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 22:15

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1649 [0]
Given Kudos: 781
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1538 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Stormgal wrote:
The GMAX appears basic - do they explain advanced topics for 650+ scorers?

I know MGMAT has very challenging material. My thought on this is that if you have 650 already, the marginal benefit that you will get from attending one of these classes is not really worth it. Having a rigorous study schedule would be preferable than paying 1300$ for the extra 50 points which might be harder to obtain at the 650+ level.
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1649 [0]
Given Kudos: 781
Send PM
[#permalink]
Stormgal wrote:
The GMAX appears basic - do they explain advanced
topics for 650+ scorers?

If by advanced topics you mean, probability, combinations, permutations , then yes, they do explain that very well. In verbal, Karen does an excellent job with grammar ,which is a big hurdle for most.

You can always email Leanna at info@gmaxonline.com for more details.

Paul is right. Self- Study is very important. The prep course tries to help with our concepts. The real task is to apply these concepts to unlimited number of problems. Unless our concepts are strong, its going to be difficult to do well.

Praetorian
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Kaplan class? To pay or not to pay? [#permalink]
Wow! This was the very question I was going to ask as well. I hadn't considered an online option, so I will be sure to check out this Gmax online product review this evening.

I'm just in the beginning stages of preparing for the GMAT and sometimes I have a hard time getting motivated. I was thinking that having a set class and schedule and homework would keep me on track. Also, I wasn't sure if anyone knew how many people have taken this course and how much self study they did before (if any) and after the class was over (if any). Deadlines for admissions are coming fast and I'm just nervous that I won't have enough time to get everything done on time and how much time I need to take to prepare for the GMAT on top of it all.
:?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Dear karen_thrash,
AS I was browsing the site, I noticed your post, worrying about the supposed lack of a schedule for people who study on their own. There are many students who are in touch with me almost every week, either by phone or by email, telling me their grades and the parts of the test they find most difficult. I offer them the same advice I offer to our students in GMAX, so they know that they are "under guidance." On the other hand, our online course has benefits that are hard to find in classroom courses, and are not available in any other online course. The first benefit is that you can take each lesson over and over again - up to 3 times. The second is that there is no time limit at all. So you can review the material by watching lessons whenever you want, even months from now. But the most important benefit of any GMAX course is the way we teach. Every subject is taught from the beginning. So that whatever a student is missing - material that was forgotton or never learned - is part of the lesson. This makes it easy to follow every lesson from start to finish.
If you have any questions at all, contact me at info@gmaxonline.com. Remember one thing - take the GMAT once, but take it when you are ready. It is not a good idea to practice for the GMAT on the actual GMAT because they keep the test scores and send the last 3 you took to the universities.
Good luck.
Leanna
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Kaplan classroom stinks [#permalink]
I think that the Kaplan Test Prep stinks. I got my $ back. But, they do have good materials.
GMAT Club Bot
Kaplan classroom stinks [#permalink]