Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 21:17 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 21:17

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1539 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Yes, Kaplan800 would be similar to 700 level questions
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 1900 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Not sure about you guys, but I found the quant questions Kaplan 800 relatively easy. I don't think you will get such questions of such level if you're hitting 700+ scores. The verbal is more challenging, but maybe that's because I'm crap at verbal.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 198 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
ywilfred wrote:
Not sure about you guys, but I found the quant questions Kaplan 800 relatively easy. I don't think you will get such questions of such level if you're hitting 700+ scores. The verbal is more challenging, but maybe that's because I'm crap at verbal.

I concur with u on the quant part, KAP 800 claims to have tough Quant, but they don't, atleast not in PS (haven't gone thro DS yet). I find challenges/OG (last 100 ques) much more interesting. I think ppl don't give OG its due credit for Quant.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Send PM
Re: Kaplan GMAT 800 [#permalink]
Porkchop wrote:
Hi all,

I have just started studying for the GMAT, and I would like to order Kaplan GMAT 800. Does this book include practice on the verbal sections?

Thanks in advance!

OG is simply the best....The last 50 question in DS and last 100 in PS are good....

In an attempt to go beyond the GMAT level Kaplan goes beyond the actual exam toughness which is good in a way but I would prefer OG...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Sargataur wrote:
yes it does..great CR questions...

The explanations for the answers in GMAT 800 seriously need improvement, especially on the SC sections. In OG, the author not only explains well on the right answer, but also on the incorrect answers. Kaplan 800 tends to take readers for granted by avoiding efforts to give readers the holistic approach we need to better learning.

The answers and explanations on the math part is however okay, but not great either.
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]